PDA

View Full Version : Is Sunday the best day to go to DLR?

Pages : [1] 2

Doug
08-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Out of all the days of the week, as a general rule of thumb, is Sunday the best day to go, or is another day better? I sure know Saturday is not! Thanks.

Doug

DangerMouse
08-13-2006, 11:50 AM
In our experience, Sunday is the best day to go if you want weekend entertainment and extended hours. I believe Wednesday is a slower day crowd-wise.

We always start our DL trips on a Sunday.

Rhiannon8404
08-13-2006, 12:59 PM
I would think overall, Tuesday or Wednesday would be the least busy days of any given week. But since some entertainment doesn't happen during the week and the park may close earlier, it may not be the best.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-13-2006, 06:09 PM
I would also say Tuesday and Wednesday, especially when school is in season.
But if you have to go on a weekend day, I would pick Sunday, as that is the busiest travel day, as far as airports go, which means more people are traveling home that day, and not at the park.

rentayenta
08-13-2006, 06:14 PM
We always start our DL trips on a Sunday.

That's what we do too! This Dec. was going to be on a Monday but I was lucky enough to be able to add a day at the beginning so we start on Sunday. :)

mckygirl99
08-14-2006, 05:49 AM
If Yesterday is any indication, most of the wait times were under 30 mins. (Pirates - 15 mins, Indy - 15 mins).

By the way...star sighting yesterday! We saw Jennifer Love Hewitt on Main Street. In Club 33, we were told that she dined there earlier.

DopeyWife
08-14-2006, 08:00 AM
By the way...star sighting yesterday! We saw Jennifer Love Hewitt on Main Street. In Club 33, we were told that she dined there earlier.

We were there on Saturday and saw her too. We were leaving Cafe Orleans, and saw her and her party go over to Blue Bayou for lunch. She was even wearing a Mickey Mouse shirt.

Doug
08-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Well, I have (besides Sat), been on a number of Tuesday, and they where NOT slow... I am planning on going this sun, hopefully (crossing fingers) it will be a slow (people wise) day!

Darkbeer
08-16-2006, 07:24 PM
^ THIS Sunday, BAD IDEA!!!!

This is the FIRST day that the SoCal AP's are not blocked out since late June, plus it is Bats Day, which will bring a few thousand extra folks to Disneyland.

Be prepared for LARGE crowds, mainly due to the SoCal AP's coming back after being blocked out....

Phantom2006
08-17-2006, 12:17 AM
I like Fridays.

Rteneyck
08-17-2006, 08:52 AM
I like Friday's also. They can be busy, but manageable. I definately try to stay away from Saturdays. I always try to plan trips that start in the week and end on Friday. I have never really been on a Sunday. Might have to try that one.

barely
08-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Travelling to DL on Saturday September 9. Will arrive at park around 4:00 pm to see parade and hopefully, the fireworks. Should I anticipate any attendance problems? Any chance the park might be at capacity on Saturday afternoon/evening?

Phantom2006
08-17-2006, 12:31 PM
I like Fridays when I am in school (don't have school or work on Fri). On Fridays you have all of the entertainment like the fireworks and Fantasmic!. Sometimes they are busy but I get everything I want to get done, done. I don't like going on Sundays because I have school the next morning. And on Fridays it usually open to 12am most of the time.

amarvel
08-17-2006, 01:53 PM
i love sundays, i think sunday mornings are the best time to go, always have found this to be true. esepcially if i have to go on a weekend :) enjoy!

Doug
08-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Oh man... Bat day?

^ THIS Sunday, BAD IDEA!!!!

This is the FIRST day that the SoCal AP's are not blocked out since late June, plus it is Bats Day, which will bring a few thousand extra folks to Disneyland.

Be prepared for LARGE crowds, mainly due to the SoCal AP's coming back after being blocked out....

Darkbeer
08-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Bats Day is a Goth event, and is traditionally held on the first Sunday that the SoCal AP's are not blocked out on after the summer period.

The Goths are not a problem, except for the amount of them, but you will find more Non-Goth SoCal AP'ers showing up for the first time in about 2 months.

As I said, LARGE crowds.....

Doug
08-21-2006, 12:44 PM
So, was it busy sunday 8/20?

Darkbeer
08-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Yes it was, working on my photo albums, but you can check the out at the link below

Diosabellissima
08-21-2006, 04:13 PM
Not too off topic, but---

My friend and I were planning on doing a day trip on Sunday the 3rd. Just this minute (quite literally), I realized that is Labor Day weekend. Will it be nuts? Should I go Friday the 1st? Or maybe some weekday?

Doug
08-23-2006, 11:52 AM
So, anyone this it will be busy THIS coming sunday (8/27), as I did not make it last weekend (I know, I know, it's been like 3 weeks since I have been! Oh the humanity ;)!)......

DangerMouse
08-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Oh Doug, just go already and deal with the crowds (if any) and appreciate the fact that you live so close that you can leave and come back on another day if it's too busy. :p :rolleyes:

Doug
09-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Well, I went on a sunday and it was reasonable! Wee! Ok, planning on going 9/17, we'll see how it is.......

dohgusgus
09-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Our family likes going Saturdays, mostly because no one is in school and no one has to work. Sure the crowds are bigger but if you stay until they kick you out, you still have Sunday to sleep in, as if you went during the school year & on a monday you'd have to go to school or work.

I'm going in 7 weeks! :fez: For my 18th bday

D. Duck
09-14-2006, 01:46 PM
I think any day is the best day to go to Disneyland. :)

jacoby jason
09-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Well, I went on a sunday and it was reasonable! Wee! Ok, planning on going 9/17, we'll see how it is.......

BAH!!...LIES!!...it's 9/17!!...and here I sit!!...and not at D Land!! :crying: :crying:

/wanted to go