PDA

View Full Version : "Inspired" by Disneyland

Gone2Disneyland
08-13-2006, 11:32 AM
I'm sure this has been done before by other Disney fans, just never seen any myself. But after viewing some fan-made Star Trek inspirational poster art inspired by the ones at Despair.com, I became inspired myself while selecting shots during my solo breakfast trip to Disneyland one weekend morning. My friends liked them, thought I'd share here. Enjoy!

http://caketopper-inspiredbydisneyland.buzznet.com/user/photos/

I Heart Disneyland!
08-13-2006, 12:03 PM
I like the Club 33 one! "Open, open, open, but not for you" . haha!

Opus1guy
08-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Very good! Thanks! :)

But one small point:

"LASTING IDEAS CAN COME FROM SURPRISING BEGINNINGS. LIKE THE CASTLE AT DISNEYLAND. WHEN IMAGINEERS FIRST DESIGNED IT WALT DIDN'T LIKE WHAT HE SAW. UNTIL HE TURNED IT AROUND. SO NOW YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ENTER THE CASTLE, YOU'RE ENTERING THROUGH ITS REAR."

Actually, you're still entering from what was always the front. It was the upper "gable" portion that Imagineer and castle designer Herb Ryman ripped off the Sleeping Beauty Castle model's "base" and turned around because he thought it would looked better that way. The engineers told him it was already too late to change the plans, but when Walt saw the turned around version that Herb had done, he said, "Oh...I like it that way better." And so that's how it got built.

The lower part of it where you walk through never changed direction.

:)

Gone2Disneyland
08-13-2006, 05:47 PM
Very good! Thanks! :)

But one small point:

Actually, you're still entering from what was always the front. It was the upper "gable" portion that Imagineer and castle designer Herb Ryman ripped off the Sleeping Beauty Castle model's "base" and turned around because he thought it would looked better that way. The engineers told him it was already too late to change the plans, but when Walt saw the turned around version that Herb had done, he said, "Oh...I like it that way better." And so that's how it got built.

The lower part of it where you walk through never changed direction.

:)
LOL! Thanks for the details on that trivia, I never knew that. Guess I remembered it wrong, in a "base" sorta way. :p I'll have to revise it when I get a chance.

evrythngwmn
08-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Very cool. We so think alike on the petrified tree. I always look at it and think what a weird anniversary present. If I'd been Mrs. Disney I'd have asked for a rose garden or something like it.