Mickey
08-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Hello ...

Where the fireworks cancelled Today?
Saturday August 12?

Thank You.:confused:

CookieBandit
08-12-2006, 11:52 PM
No, they had the fireworks (not cancelled) on Saturday.

ZeonStar
08-23-2006, 08:03 AM
I wanted to ask about this very subject so I am glad there is an existing thread.

How has Remember been running the last few nights? Any cancellations? I will be there 8/31 and 9/1 and one of the things I most want to do is see Remember one or maybe even two more times before it goes away.

Another Dimension
08-23-2006, 11:35 PM
I heard Remember last night... 8/23 :)

ZeonStar
08-24-2006, 07:26 AM
Well that's a good sign. Weather has been ok then? Thanks. :)

ralfrick
08-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Cancelled 8-19. Fine on 20-22.

Cheers.

cstephens
08-25-2006, 01:45 AM
I have no idea of dates at the moment, but we were at the park for dinner on Thursday night (which is still today for me since I haven't been to bed yet, but that's probably yesterday for everyone else), and fireworks were cancelled because of wind.

PrettyPrettyPrincess
08-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Honestly they don't know if they are going to cancel the fireworks until they do the weather balloon. If the wind is shifting a certain way they have to cancel them.

RStar
08-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Tonight they cancelled them half way through. I hate it when we plan the trip specifically for the fireworks, and then PFFFT! no more fireworks.

We saw some swing dancers and a few other things. Had some ice cream, so over all it was still a good time.

snappy
08-26-2006, 12:19 AM
Tonight they cancelled them half way through. I hate it when we plan the trip specifically for the fireworks, and then PFFFT! no more fireworks.

We saw some swing dancers and a few other things. Had some ice cream, so over all it was still a good time.

Rstar,
I was watching the fireworks tonight also from where the swing dance! Small world. We couldn't hear why they cancelled the fireworks. Kind of heard of technical difficulties? But was it the HIGH ELEVATION winds acting up??

snappy
08-26-2006, 12:24 AM
Tonight the fireworks began on time but were cancelled after the Haunted Mansion part. The PA said something about Technical Difficulties. I don't think it was too windy but the wind was moving.

Is it true that Disneyland will send up 2 balloons to test the High Elevation winds to determine if the show will go on? This seems a little primitive but it might do the job.

frank828
08-26-2006, 12:37 AM
hmm...i noticed that they did start the fireworks on time but it did seem to end early.

I can hear them from my room.

i did notice that later on in the night, the sounds went off again and it sounded just like the fireworks. i'd bet money that they launched the fireworks later that night.

Another Dimension
08-26-2006, 12:44 AM
Disneyland does send up balloons, but they also have other ways to test and gauge the wind.

snappy
08-26-2006, 12:56 AM
hmm...i noticed that they did start the fireworks on time but it did seem to end early.

I can hear them from my room.

i did notice that later on in the night, the sounds went off again and it sounded just like the fireworks. i'd bet money that they launched the fireworks later that night.

Tell me they didn't restart the fireworks? Would they start it up from the start or continue where they left off? Someone please confirm or deny if Disneyland fired up the fireworks.

PAPACITO
08-26-2006, 01:01 AM
The weather balloon thing is totally not true. There is a wind guage ontop of the Matterhorn. Tonights show was cancelled when the wind picked up.

AaronInCal
08-26-2006, 02:09 AM
The weather balloon thing is totally not true. There is a wind guage ontop of the Matterhorn. Tonights show was cancelled when the wind picked up.

Actually, they do release balloons from several locations near most of the launch areas before and during the show. Most obvious is right above the Photo Shop on Main St. If you look on the roof before the show, you will see serveral white balloons tied to a railing waiting to be released to check the wind. I'm sure they do have wind guages as well, but they do use the balloons to check the higher elevation winds even above the top of the Matterhorn.

As for the other fireworks heard just before 11pm tonight, those were for "Big Bang Friday" after the Angels baseball game at Angel Stadium.

Phantom2006
08-26-2006, 02:26 AM
I was also there last night. When I was watching them I thought they were really clear. Thats because they were closer to the crowed. Well anyway. They stoped the fireworks right before the Pirates part was over. When I was going over to get a good spot for Fantasmic! some lady (who does not know what she is talking about) said that Tinkerbell fell off the wires. My friend and I gave her a nasty look. Anyway, but for some reason I did get good pictures of the fireworks that did go on.

jeffat2
08-26-2006, 05:47 AM
I have watched them release the balloons before ,a wind gauge on can measure the speed at the gauge level ( top of the matterhorn).The fireworks are much higher than that .thats why there is a need for balloons
Jeff

disneyhound
08-26-2006, 07:06 AM
...some lady (who does not know what she is talking about) said that Tinkerbell fell off the wires. My friend and I gave her a nasty look...

That lady, "Ms. Sicko", should be banned from DL for life...

boots & saddles
08-26-2006, 07:22 AM
QUESTION -
On our stay Tusday through Sunday there are 2 nights of scheduled fireworks Fri/Sat.

Can you see Fantasmic then the Fireworks in one night or is it one of those it's one or the other sort of things?

potterphreak
08-26-2006, 07:37 AM
Boots,

It IS possible, just not receommended! LOL Fireworks are at 9:25 and lasts approximately 17 minutes, and then everyone and their mother and dog and kitchen sink and neighbors second cousin twice removed are trying to make their way either to F! or down Main St. LOL Best of luck to you! It IS possible; I have done it but I was pretty grumpy afterwards, LOL!! But Mickey worked his magic and after the amazing F!, I was my usual "WOW, I am at DL" self.

Hope that helps!

Malcon10t
08-26-2006, 08:17 AM
Tonight the fireworks began on time but were cancelled after the Haunted Mansion part. The PA said something about Technical Difficulties. I don't think it was too windy but the wind was moving.

Is it true that Disneyland will send up 2 balloons to test the High Elevation winds to determine if the show will go on? This seems a little primitive but it might do the job.
Multiple balloons go up. My understanding was last night was E-stopped because the fallout changed direction and was landing too close to people. This is determined by either the pyro engineers or the fire marshall. Once E-stopped, it won't be restarted.

Balloons are the best way to see what the winds aloft are doing right now. Weather gauges at low levels won't tell you what the winds are doing at 2000 ft.

DadandFamily
08-26-2006, 08:28 AM
The ash from the fireworks are supposed to land in the cordoned off area around the magic castle. The August 25, 2006 winds blew the ash on the firework-watching crowd standing between King Arthur Carrousel ride and Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride. Disney stopped the fireworks show.

dznyphreak
08-26-2006, 11:19 AM
I remember a few years ago watching Believe...There's Magic in the Stars near Storybook Land. The fireworks went all the way through to the end, when little pieces of thin, sulfurous paper started raining down on us. Nothing hot or on fire, but lots of little pieces of fireworks. Just thought I'd share that...I enjoyed it and no one (to my knowledge) got hurt.

Another Dimension
08-26-2006, 11:38 PM
Caught Remember... from the top of the Eisnerplex last night.

Remember... was a go on 8/26! :)