PDA

View Full Version : Question about Residence Inn Maingate

nvmom
08-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Wondering how far of walk this is? Is it comparable to walking from the Desert Palms? (just the other side of the Candy Cane Inn) or further? I did check a map w/the Good Neighbor Hotels, but it isn't that clear.

I also searched this board for Residence Inn opinions... not a lot recently. Anyone stayed recently? Were you pleased? Thanks.

nvmom

FatAl
08-12-2006, 10:03 PM
You don't want to walk (period) especially at night. My family stayed at Residence Inn before and I am speaking of my own experience.

Residence Inn provides it's own shuttle till closing time every half an hour.

Malcon10t
08-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Wondering how far of walk this is? Is it comparable to walking from the Desert Palms? (just the other side of the Candy Cane Inn) or further? I did check a map w/the Good Neighbor Hotels, but it isn't that clear.

I also searched this board for Residence Inn opinions... not a lot recently. Anyone stayed recently? Were you pleased? Thanks.

nvmomThe Residence Inn Maingate )on Clementine is about .75 of a mile from the esplande to the front of the hotel. The Desert Palms on Katella is .6 miles, so not a lot of distance difference. The Residence Inn is on the ART route (B Route.) I do not believe it has its own shuttle.

nvmom
08-13-2006, 11:35 AM
You don't want to walk (period) especially at night.

It's a safety issue? or just to far? I haven't felt there's been a safety issue (other than just using your common sense) when walking to our hotels in the DLR area thus far. Granted we've only stayed at the Desert Palms & the Camelot so far.

nvmom

sjcivilady
08-13-2006, 01:51 PM
My brother just stayed at that Residence Inn (on Clementine) and they walked over to check out DTD their first night there - he said it was really too far. They took the ART bus on the days they spent the whole day at the parks. PM me if you have any questions about the hotel and I'll ask him for you.

Malcon10t
08-13-2006, 01:55 PM
It's a safety issue? or just to far? I haven't felt there's been a safety issue (other than just using your common sense) when walking to our hotels in the DLR area thus far. Granted we've only stayed at the Desert Palms & the Camelot so far.

nvmom
It shouldnt be a safety issue. It is slightly further than the Desert Palms. I've stayed there. It is further than I like to walk, but so is the Desert Palms. We will be staying there in December, and have ART tickets in hand!!

nvmom
08-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Well, w/the Desert Palms you have the option of cutting down the walk and using the Lion King tram when it's running. I guess you use ART for the Residence Inn- but that costs money.

Dh and I are thinking of trying it out if we go on our couples trip in Nov/Dec. There's some pretty good package rates right now. Then, we'll see how we like it and if we'd consider it in March when we have the grandparents along. I just really like their bigger units if we're looking at having us, our 3 children & the grandparents together. Plus, generally their breakfasts are better than most. But... it will depend on how we feel about the walk, we do prefer a doable walk. :)

Thanks... continued opinions welcome...

nvmom

Malcon10t
08-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Well, w/the Desert Palms you have the option of cutting down the walk and using the Lion King tram when it's running. I guess you use ART for the Residence Inn- but that costs money.

Dh and I are thinking of trying it out if we go on our couples trip in Nov/Dec. There's some pretty good package rates right now. Then, we'll see how we like it and if we'd consider it in March when we have the grandparents along. I just really like their bigger units if we're looking at having us, our 3 children & the grandparents together. Plus, generally their breakfasts are better than most. But... it will depend on how we feel about the walk, we do prefer a doable walk. :)

Thanks... continued opinions welcome...

nvmomIf you purchase your Disneyland tickets thru Disney Travel Company, ask to add the ART unlimited passes. They are $9 per person for 10 and older (under are free.) You can use them your entire trip. Its better than the $3 a day if you are there more than 3 days. We are usually there 10 days, so it cuts the cost WAY down.

tinker3
08-13-2006, 08:27 PM
We just stayed at Residence Inn Maingate last May. We walked to DL everyday, but took the shuttle back to the hotel (it was convenient and we were tired). I know everyone is different and we are no athletes, but we had no problems my 8yr old and 5 yr. old boys walked it and around DL all day with no complaints! I personally love the residence inn. The rooms are nice and quiet, no loud hallways. The breakfast is good and fast. It used to have it's own shuttle, but now it's ART.