PDA

View Full Version : Do APs wait in ticket booth lines too?

jcruise86
08-12-2006, 05:14 PM
I recently read on Mouse Planet that if you get a Disneyland ticket at a store you still have to exchange it for a real ticket at a ticket booth or at the Guest Services/Will Call window.

I purchased an AP at a Disney Store--the same kind of pass they sell at Vons, I think. (I know Disney Stores are no longer owned by Disney.) Do I have to exchange this for another temporary AP to get into the park to get my real AP at the "Bank" on Main Street?

If so, I will have waited in four lines to get the AP.

Second question: When I get to heaven and go to the Disneyland that Walt has been working on up there, will there be lines?

doombuggy driver
08-12-2006, 06:33 PM
I recently read on Mouse Planet that if you get a Disneyland ticket at a store you still have to exchange it for a real ticket at a ticket booth or at the Guest Services/Will Call window.

I purchased an AP at a Disney Store--the same kind of pass they sell at Vons, I think. (I know Disney Stores are no longer owned by Disney.) Do I have to exchange this for another temporary AP to get into the park to get my real AP at the "Bank" on Main Street?

If so, I will have waited in four lines to get the AP.

Second question: When I get to heaven and go to the Disneyland that Walt has been working on up there, will there be lines?
1. The first question:I have no idea. Sorry:(

2. The second question: No lines!!!!!!!:D

Koala Gurl
08-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Hmmm, last October I bought my AP at the Disney Store, and the ticket I received was used for the park admission (no trading at the ticket booth), but I still had to process the AP on Main Street.

Not sure if it has changed from then???

jcruise86
08-13-2006, 08:43 AM
Thanks Koala Gurl!

I'll get right in line to get into the park unless the great Darkbeer (or one of the other MP legends) gives me other instructions.

Where is Darkbeer, by the way? He usually answers my most boring questions right away. Is he riding 300 coasters in 100 days?

potzbie
08-13-2006, 09:09 AM
... Do I have to exchange this for another temporary AP to get into the park to get my real AP at the "Bank" on Main Street? ...

Well, how else can Disneyland personnel take your PHOTOGRAPH and place the PHOTOGRAPH on the backside of your plastic AP card?

Did the DISNEY STORE take your photograph?
Is the backside of your AP card already have your "mug shot"?

jcruise86
08-13-2006, 09:36 AM

I purchased an AP at a Disney Store--the same kind of pass they sell at Vons, I think. . . Do I have to exchange this for another temporary AP to get into the park to get my real AP at the "Bank" on Main Street?

No offense, P., but you didn't read very carefully, but I do remember you writing something funny once, so you're still special.

The day "tickets" purchased at stores still require people to exchange them at a ticket booth or Will Call outside the park. I wanted to know if I also had to wait in line outside the park with these day trippers. I'm guessing that Koala Gurl is right and that, unlike those with Von's day tickets, my temporary Disney Store AP will get me into the park (no ticket booth wait necessary) so I can get my real AP with my ugly mug shot.

jcruise86
08-13-2006, 09:38 AM
Duplicate--sorry!

jcruise86
08-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Then again, Potzbie, if photos are taken at ticket booths outside the park I owe you an apology.

Doug
08-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Yes, but you will have an infinite about of time to wait in those lines, so no rush, the park never will close ;)

jMom
08-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Hmmm, last October I bought my AP at the Disney Store, and the ticket I received was used for the park admission (no trading at the ticket booth), but I still had to process the AP on Main Street.

Not sure if it has changed from then???

I did the same thing last December ...

Lost Boy
08-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Even with your final AP, you will still have to wait in line like all the day trippers. APers are not special you know. And yes, you go to the ticket booth first, then to the entry line, then to the Bank of Main Street for processing. And do that before the main Herd gets there, or the line will be very long.

Malcon10t
08-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Even with your final AP, you will still have to wait in line like all the day trippers. APers are not special you know. And yes, you go to the ticket booth first, then to the entry line, then to the Bank of Main Street for processing. And do that before the main Herd gets there, or the line will be very long.There is no need to go to the Ticket Booth. The tickets sold at the Disney Store (the hard plastic) are accepted at the turnstiles. Go to the turnstiles. Once inside, if the lines are too bad, you can wait til you decide to leave. Lines are shortest first thing in the mornings or late at night. My son even did his a day later as he didn't like his hair <er>

infinite
08-13-2006, 02:00 PM
APers are not special you know..
:crying: we're not?

jcruise86
08-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Ahhhhh! Another duplicate--sorry!

jcruise86
08-13-2006, 03:18 PM
So Malcon10t, jMom, and Koala Gurl all say I DON'T have to wait in the ticket booth (or Will Call) line, but (in his 3rd sentence) Lost Boy says I do. Who would have thought that anything having to do with waiting in line could be so exciting?

And yes, infinite, you are special. In fact you are 1 in a million! (That means that in both China and India there are over one thousand people JUST like you!)

dsnydon
08-13-2006, 03:43 PM
YEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

dsnydon
08-13-2006, 03:45 PM
YEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p EVERYONE WAITS IN SOME LINE SOME TIME!!!!!!!!:~D

disneynut
08-13-2006, 07:06 PM
We bought our ap's from the Disney Store at the end of June. We didn't wait in the ticket booth line, just the park entry line. And then sent to the bank for the real tickets. This was only about 6 or 7 weeks ago.

Darkbeer
08-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Heck, I can't go to Disneyland on occasion???? Heck, started the day at Church, and then went to Disneyland...

Had to laugh at one of the "new" findings today.. They placed a Wait board at the AP line at the Bank of Main Street....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1772061/1/87972890/Large

annieb727
08-14-2006, 06:57 AM
Had to laugh at one of the "new" findings today.. They placed a Wait board at the AP line at the Bank of Main Street....

hahahahaha....that is funny...never thought I'd see that. hey, maybe next they'll start posting waiting time for lines at restaurants and stuff ;)

jcruise86
08-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Heck, I can't go to Disneyland on occasion???? Heck, started the day at Church, and then went to Disneyland...

With two duplicate messages on one thread I'm not techy enough to know if a a Blackberry is the proper tech toy, but, Darkbeer, when you see that beer mug projected onto a cloud you must be able to check Mouse Planet right away! There may be an emergency that only you can handle!

jcruise86
08-14-2006, 09:48 AM
We bought our ap's from the Disney Store at the end of June. We didn't wait in the ticket booth line, just the park entry line. And then sent to the bank for the real tickets. This was only about 6 or 7 weeks ago.

So Disneynut joins the other three in saying that my temp. AP will get me right into the park. Thanks everyone!

jMom
08-14-2006, 11:13 AM
APers are not special you know.

Oh Lost Boy, we are ALL special!

(Come to the AP side, bwa-ha-ha!!!!)

Darkbeer: That is one fantastic, and well-timed photo!