PDA

View Full Version : Out of the loop... [spring break schedules]

KRA0125
08-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Hi all... I have been out of the loop for a while and am now trying to plan a trip for end of February or mid March. I was wondering if anyone could tell me when spring breaks are for the California schools approximately. Also, how much rain does the area get that time of the year?
We usually go in November but will have a new baby this year so we need to push the trip back.

Thanks for your help. :D

Rockchalker
08-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Hi all... I have been out of the loop for a while and am now trying to plan a trip for end of February or mid March. I was wondering if anyone could tell me when spring breaks are for the California schools approximately. Also, how much rain does the area get that time of the year?
We usually go in November but will have a new baby this year so we need to push the trip back.

Thanks for your help. :D

We went to Disneyland at the end of Feb./early March this last year and found that most of the crowds were because of cheerleaders. They were everywhere! It rained really hard almost the entire day on the Monday of our trip, but we just grinned and beared it and rode Pirates 5 times in a row. My DD favorite ride!

rentayenta
08-12-2006, 03:46 PM
We went a few Feb's ago and the place was empty. It also rained the entire time. March is usually pretty rainy in So Cal.

Alisonsmom
08-12-2006, 04:02 PM
I went to Disneyland mid Feb 2006. I found the park empty and no rain!

backsthepack
08-13-2006, 05:38 AM
We have gone twice in March in recent years. Cheer convention (competition?) going on both times. Hotels full of them and they were crowding Disneyland. Both years we also got rained out. It rained so much one year that a lot of the rides were shut down due to flooding. We won't go back during that time of year ever again.

Inkman
08-13-2006, 09:38 AM
Two years ago we took the kids out of school and went the last week of the "off peak" season in march. Weekend was crowded, but the weekdays were great. Almost no wait for anything but splash mt. And yes the cheerleader thing was going on every time we've gone in march. Tons of em everywhere. Last year we went the week before Labor Day and the same thing. Crowded weekend but empty during the week. We took a chance on the fact that most everybody had already done their summer vacation trips and it worked!!

BTW...my kids have spring break the third week of march in 07. We're going again then. Just have to wait a few more weeks to book it.

Al

disney jones
08-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Arizona schools have spring break in mid-march, and pretty much each week from then on out to Easter Week, some district or other is on spring break in So Cal and the vicinity - there is not a uniform week across the land.

if you want to avoid Spring Break, you have to go in early March or wait till after Easter. i can't say which week is the heaviest, but i'd speculate the week from Palm Sunday to Resurrection Sunday would be the heaviest.

capst
08-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Spring break has gotten quite "portable" lately, and with so many school districts in So Cal taking break at different times, you probably won't be able to time it to avoid all the schools.

FWIW LAUSD is April 2-7.
Anaheim Union High School District is April 9-13.
Long Beach Unified is April 9-13.
Burbank Unified School District is March 26-30.

Good luck:D

adriennek
08-13-2006, 09:19 PM
The schools around us are year round. The most popular schedule is off for the entire month of April. The second most popular is off for the entire month of March.

Adrienne

newportbeachbumz
08-14-2006, 08:01 PM
Our spring break dates at our beach house for 2007 are - March 16 to April 12th. We get people that come from all over.

junglemom
08-14-2006, 08:33 PM
We have a break at the end of Feb. And so does Oregon and Washington. We call ours Rodeo Break. It is CRAZY busy that weekend. I don't know the exact date right now, but it's usually the last weekend.

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
08-15-2006, 12:39 AM
South Orange County is off from April 6-13, 2007. (Fri-Fri)

wvnative
08-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Our HS district here in Tempe will be out March 12-16.

We went in early April last year and it wasn't too bad. No rain, but it did get a bit breezy and a little on the chilly side in the evenings. We were there for magic music days so we were expecting a lot of kids. The only rides I remember having a long line were Splash and CA Screamin.

KRA0125
08-23-2006, 03:29 PM
Thanks all for the tips, I really appreciate it. Maybe we will try late April for the trip. Better weather and hopefully not too many crowds.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-26-2006, 04:30 PM
I took my 4yo for a mommy and me trip the first week of March and the park was dead. But I heard it got busier the following week. We were there for 4 days and it only rained the last day. Poured actually! Ending up buying him some Stitch shoes as his feet were soaked!

splash
08-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Washington's spring break is the first week of April. There is also a long weekend in Feb. for Presidents day.

Lekta
08-27-2006, 12:47 PM
I went late February/early March this year and we got rained on hard on two and a half of the five days we were there. On the rainy days, the park was a ghost town, on the decent weather weekends it was packed.

Also, if you are planning to drive there at this time, be forewarned they could still have snow in some of the passes you might have to take.