PDA

View Full Version : Parkside Inn and Suites

kdsmit07
08-11-2006, 09:50 PM
I am going to the Disneyland Resort in October for 3 days. My family is on a very strict budget and are staying at this hotel...

This hotel is rated among one of the worst in the DLR area. Can anyone tell me anything about this hotel, our room is booked and everything is beginning to be planned, I just want to be a good tourguide for a group of people that haven't gone in 11 years.

I usually stay at the Fairfield Inn, and wish that we could afford it for this trip, but no luck. Can anyone give me any information at all about this hotel.

--Walk from hotel to park?
--Shuttle from hotel to park?
--Quality of hotel? Anything.
Thank You so much.
~~~Kyle Smith~~~

Malcon10t
08-11-2006, 10:03 PM
I am going to the Disneyland Resort in October for 3 days. My family is on a very strict budget and are staying at this hotel...

This hotel is rated among one of the worst in the DLR area. Can anyone tell me anything about this hotel, our room is booked and everything is beginning to be planned, I just want to be a good tourguide for a group of people that haven't gone in 11 years.

I usually stay at the Fairfield Inn, and wish that we could afford it for this trip, but no luck. Can anyone give me any information at all about this hotel.

--Walk from hotel to park?
--Shuttle from hotel to park?
--Quality of hotel? Anything.
Thank You so much.
~~~Kyle Smith~~~The walk is about 8/10s of a mile to the esplande. There is no shuttle than I am aware of, but you can walk to the Tiffy's and catch ART from there. The quality of the place is pretty poor. Dont leave anything of value in the room. If you have a computer or camera you wont take with you, put it in the trunk of the car. Bring cleaning supplies for the bathroom. Check out Trip advisor for further info. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g29092-d75661-r5047279-Parkside_Inn_Suites_Maingate_at_Disneyland-Anaheim_California.html

kdsmit07
08-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Thank you so much, if I had a choice, I would chose the Fairfield Inn once again, but hey. If money is tight, deal with what you get.

I went 1 year ago and had a wonderful stay, at the Fairfield that is, I hope this trip is as good. Even if the room is iffy. We booked their suite, hope that means it will be a little better for expectations.

annieb727
08-11-2006, 10:36 PM
not sure what the rate you got was...i've seen it pretty low there - even considered staying a night or two there myself...

depending on when you're going, it's possible to get (sometimes) a $49/night rate from Hojo's...there's a thread around here somewhere about the entertainment rate - you just need to get an entertainment card for the rate. *just an idea*

here's a link to one of the discussions about the $49/night rate: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=59406&highlight=entertainment

kdsmit07
08-11-2006, 10:44 PM
We are going the 18th through the 22nd of October and got a Military discount for $256, this would be including the fact that 4 people will be staying in the suite. This is for 4 nights.

That means $64 a piece.

Malcon10t
08-11-2006, 10:51 PM
We are going the 18th through the 22nd of October and got a Military discount for $256, this would be including the fact that 4 people will be staying in the suite. This is for 4 nights.

That means $64 a piece.
So, a double queen room for $225 for the 4 nights wouldn't be acceptable? Thats what the Hojo would be if the $49 rate was available. GetAwaytoday.com has Castle Inn for $255 for that time. Closer, cleaner, safer.

annieb727
08-11-2006, 10:53 PM
if i were you, i'd go ahead and email willie (william.simpson@hojoanaheim.com) and see what he has available...ask if the entertainment rate is available for the dates you're visiting. If they DO have the rate, and you want to stay there, then just go to the entertainment website and purchase a 2006 Entertainment book for $12.99 (i think they still have LA and Orange County ones so you might get a good meal discount or two out of it as well for while you're there) - it's good until the end of October - worth it for a $49/night rate at the Hojo's!

kdsmit07
08-11-2006, 11:10 PM
Thank you to all of you for your help, but I have one question, a silly question but hey, I am still kinda new here.
What is hojo?

Darkbeer
08-12-2006, 05:29 AM
Thank you to all of you for your help, but I have one question, a silly question but hey, I am still kinda new here.
What is hojo?

HoJo's is an nickname for the Howard Johnson's Anaheim hotel on Harbor and Manchester.

disneyhound
08-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Check out their website

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/

Lots of great reviews about Hojo...

08-12-2006, 10:38 PM
The Best Western Pavillions has a good rate on expedia. I got three people for $233 for same 3 nights in October. Can't be that much more for one more person.

The Anaheim Plaza has a low rate on nhrb.com. It came to $193 and change for 4 people for 3 nights. They also have a special on the hotel's website. They have a very small charge for parking. I haven't booked through them, so explore at your own risk.

Remember to bring flip flops or slippers to any of the lower rated hotels. The carpets are sometimes dirty.

sjcivilady
08-13-2006, 01:43 PM
I would also check Hotwire every once in awhile. Just now they have a room at a 3 star hotel for $52/night ($247.07 total). You won't know which hotel until you pay. If it ends being too far and you have to drive to the park, then get your tickets from CSAA and you'll get free parking. My brother went last month, stayed at a 2 star, which ended up being the Residence Inn. He said it was a decent hotel. He paid just under $100 total for 2 nites. You have to be really sure you're going, cause you pay in advance and can't cancel.

brerbear77
08-14-2006, 11:01 AM
I stayed at the Parkside Inn about a year ago. For the price it is what I expected. There is a bed and a shower and that is about it. Our room was okay clean, I didn't walk around barefoot but I don't usually anyway. Our friend's room was about the same, maybe a little dirtier. The walk is long. We cut through Grand Californian and that helped save time and distance. It takes about 20 minutes to walk, and that is a pretty decent pace. The breakfast was muffins from Costco or something like that. Nothing special but something in the morning. OJ wasn't good and neither was coffee, no other drink choices. We did request a non-smoking room and when we walked into the room it had clearly been smoked it. We explained this to the front desk and they moved us, at first they were a little hesitant but did move us. Overall okay, but would I stay there again, no. Good luck!