PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me? (Disney Christmas Trees at Hotels)

mariezp
08-11-2006, 06:11 PM
We will be going to Disneyland December 2-13. Can anyone tell me if you can order one of the Christmas trees without staying at one of the Disney properties? I just cannot bring myself to spend the money just for a place to sleep. I would rather spend the money saved staying elsewhere buying souvineers.
Also, does anyone know if you can order deserts from the Blue Bayou menu to go? We are planning to go once but I would love to have their Creme Brulee more than once! (Especially after having been on a diet for the past 6 months.)

tlovesdis
08-11-2006, 06:21 PM
The Christmas tree thing is only available at the three Disney resorts.

Not sure about the dessert thing, sorry!

Malcon10t
08-11-2006, 08:49 PM
We will be going to Disneyland December 2-13. Can anyone tell me if you can order one of the Christmas trees without staying at one of the Disney properties? I just cannot bring myself to spend the money just for a place to sleep. I would rather spend the money saved staying elsewhere buying souvineers.
Also, does anyone know if you can order deserts from the Blue Bayou menu to go? We are planning to go once but I would love to have their Creme Brulee more than once! (Especially after having been on a diet for the past 6 months.)
No, the Disney Christmas trees are just at the resort hotels, but you could probably do your own thing. According to other sources, the Blue Bayou food is not available "to go".

rentayenta
08-11-2006, 08:59 PM
You could do your own version of the tree. The DL tree is adorable and the best souvenir ever but if you aren't staying there then you can improvise. You could by a 3 ft green tree from Target for about $30. The stores in DL and the WoD store in DTD sell the Mickey head ornaments. I think $20ish for 10 or so small ones; colored or gold and silver. Tie some plaid ribbon on with a few pieces loose. As far as the white chocolate dipped Minnie and Mickey cookies, check the bakery. Buy the small plush holiday Mickey and Minnie and set them by the base. They had some thin twiggy looking things stuck in throughout the tree. Get a gold star to tie on for the top. The resort puts ______ Family on the star- super cute! I might be forgetting some things

I will try to find a good pic to show you what the tree two years ago looked like.

r-we-there-yet
08-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Does the tree still cost around $150?

rentayenta
08-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Does the tree still cost around $150?

In 2004 it was $150.

In 2005 it was $160.

I think it's safe to say that this year it might increase. Last year they offered a special tree for the 50th and I don't think it was anywhere as neat as the 2004 tree. I hope they go back to a more holiday themed tree than a 50th themed tree.

Leslie21
08-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Does anyone know when the trees are available for purchase? Is it only in December ? ? :confused:

rentayenta
08-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Does anyone know when the trees are available for purchase? Is it only in December ? ? :confused:

Not sure but if you are thinking about ordering, order early. They will only make so many. The year we got ours I think they stopped taking orders a good two weeks before Christmas.

If you know you are staying on property, email Vacation Planning and ask them when you can order.

Leslie21
08-12-2006, 10:24 PM
Not sure but if you are thinking about ordering, order early. They will only make so many. The year we got ours I think they stopped taking orders a good two weeks before Christmas.

If you know you are staying on property, email Vacation Planning and ask them when you can order.

Thank you for the advice :) I actually didn't have a great experience with vacation planning last year but I think I'll give it another try.

rentayenta
08-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Thank you for the advice :) I actually didn't have a great experience with vacation planning last year but I think I'll give it another try.

Vacation Planning is a small dept. If they were rude, I'd complain. If they messed something up then maybe ask for a different Vacation Planner. Explain what happened last time and I bet they'll treat you well.

The trees are pricey but it is hands down the best souvenir ever! Last year when we brought it out, the kids and even DH ooooooed and awwwwed- it was really cool. They give you all the packing material so you can make sure it's safe for the drive/ flight home.

Rebel
08-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Do you have the email address for Vacation Planning? I'd love to order this for my family.

We're going 12/7/06-12/11/06. Staying at DLH in a concierge room. Really looking forward to it! A Christimas tree would be the icing on the cake.

Thanks in advance!

Lynn

pisces
08-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Check these out!

http://static.flickr.com/56/132448113_58b9c37b3f.jpg?v=0

http://static.flickr.com/49/132448112_e29c8e959a.jpg?v=0

I don't know how much the stockings cost.

Also, I'm assuming the trees in the above pictures, were the regular ones, not the special 50th ones.

Where's Grundler, I want to see Grundler's tree pictures again!

rentayenta
08-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Check these out!

http://static.flickr.com/56/132448113_58b9c37b3f.jpg?v=0

http://static.flickr.com/49/132448112_e29c8e959a.jpg?v=0

I don't know how much the stockings cost.

Also, I'm assuming the trees in the above pictures, were the regular ones, not the special 50th ones.

Where's Grundler, I want to see Grundler's tree pictures again!

Yes that's the holiday tree and it's 100x better in person. It's so bright and pretty in RL.

In 2004 the stocking cost $75.