PDA

View Full Version : How soon is too soon for priceline?

Carter's Mommy
08-11-2006, 02:56 PM
When is it too soon to start bidding on priceline? We have a trip in March and I didn't know if I should start bidding now super low and see if I get lucky or if it's better to wait until closer to the trip. I read biddingfortravel.com but it didn't really cover this.
Thanks

kiwifuz
08-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Well... Here's the thing. Priceline really works off of the hotel's occupancy rates. If things aren't going their way (too many empty rooms means they need to fill them) rooms start appearing on Priceline.

I guess my first question would be whether or not Disney has released their 2007 ticket & hotel info yet? I haven't kept up on this too well, but if they haven't then more than likely people aren't booking rooms up too fast yet. That is unless it is Spring Break for quite a few schools, then rooms might be booking already. I know where I went to college we had break in March because we had a seperate Easter break.

See where I'm going with this?... hopefully you do.

I would say bid low, see what happens. You have nothing to lose, it can't hurt. If you look at biddingfortravel.com you'll see what people perhaps found last March, and what they're getting now and perhaps you can try out with something low. It can't hurt, but I wouldnt' be surprised if there wasn't a huge stock of rooms at this point. The other thing is that this past March was during the 50th & busy so the room situation might be different.

Good luck, give it a try! :)

annieb727
08-11-2006, 03:25 PM
i LOVE biddingfortravel & priceline...

march may be a bit early to bid, but if you bid low, what will it hurt? you might just get what you want! and if it doesn't go for the low price you want, just wait. You can bid again every 24 hours (and don't forget about the free rebids you can do).

*gotta share my story* i just bid for October (for downtown LA) - some said I bid too early - and it's less than 2 months away - the first day I got NOTHING - bid up to $70. Then I tried it the next day - started at $55/night and I got it!! I still had two days to bid (it was suggested I split it up since it's downtown and two weekdays and two weekend days, and weekdays cost more b/c of business travel there)...so I started at $65...GOT it. All four nights I get to stay at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel in Downtown LA (FOUR STAR hotel). I'm so thrilled!! *just had to share my priceline deal - i'm so excited*

good luck...let us know how it goes :)

kiwifuz
08-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Wow AnnieB! That's really amazing!

annieb727
08-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Wow AnnieB! That's really amazing!

thank you! i'm quite proud of my catch!:)

Opus1guy
08-11-2006, 06:29 PM
This same question (and some responses, including my own) came up just last month starting at Post #44 in this thread:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=58629

:)