PDA

View Full Version : Shipping your things UPS or FedEx to your Hotel?

50atdisney
08-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Due to the things going on at the airport was thinking of shipping my things UPS or FEDEX to my Hotel....Any one ever do this?..Will the Hotel take packages for you?

bradk
08-11-2006, 08:58 AM
there should be no problem for any hotel to do this. just make sure you indicate your check-in date, if not your reservation # on it.

you may also want to contact the hotel ahead of time just to be sure. but this is a fairly common practice even before the new restrictions.

annieb727
08-11-2006, 09:06 AM
I was thinking of doing this as well - even before all of the stuff going on.

tigga please
08-11-2006, 09:34 AM
I was thinking of doing this as well - even before all of the stuff going on.

same here, i first heard the idea on a "vacation industry" radio talk show.
the host swore by the method.

mad4mky
08-11-2006, 09:52 AM
At my work, we ship items to hotels all the time for conferences. Why wouldn't personal items work as well?:confused:

As long as you add the pertinent information for delivery to you on your day of arrival, things should be okay. We even FedEx overnight to the hotels.:)

miss bianca
08-11-2006, 10:28 AM
But what about sending it back? Do the Disney Hotels offer Fed Ex or UPS pick up and how do you pay for it?

Thanks

bradk
08-11-2006, 10:30 AM
i presume it's possible that they will. there are a couple of alternatives if not.

1) i went to Kinko's which is at the Marriott by the convention center I believe. except as I recall, they added a $10 surcharge just for shipping. boo.

2) I know WDW resorts will ship for a fee, but an alternative some people choose is to sign up with UPS or FedEx to create their own account and then pre-print labels. there should be no problem at that point with the courier picking up at the hotel, even if you have to call 800-PICK-UPS or 800-GO-FEDEX to schedule one.

Malcon10t
08-11-2006, 05:37 PM
But what about sending it back? Do the Disney Hotels offer Fed Ex or UPS pick up and how do you pay for it?

Thanks
I set my package with a "Return", so I ship it to myself at the hotel, then have the label and notify UPS to pick it up on a specific date. Never been an issue.

annieb727
08-11-2006, 05:52 PM
I set my package with a "Return", so I ship it to myself at the hotel, then have the label and notify UPS to pick it up on a specific date. Never been an issue.

how do you do that? Do you just ask/tell them when you're at UPS?

Malcon10t
08-11-2006, 08:56 PM
how do you do that? Do you just ask/tell them when you're at UPS?
I do all the shipping via web. I print the label on the printer and tape it on, it gets billed to my credit card and I drop it in a drop box, or at UPS, or with any driver (we have a driver who is always on our street at a cretain time, I flag him down.) You can also arrange to have UPS pick it up fr a small fee.

For returns see http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/help/faq/create/return.html

50atdisney
08-12-2006, 09:58 AM
The Hotel HoJos,has never had any one do this.So they have to check with there manger...Fedex will pick up at house 2...2'x2',50lbs each boxs.cost a little under $40....and will pick them up at Hotel for return trip...That from Portland Oregon.and it takes 2 to 3 days...I think i will try this and se how it goes,i hate to check bags.I have a friend that use to work for Alaskan Air baggage and he would tell me some real bad things that went on at that place,and they have fired all there baggage people and hired some third party agent to take care of baggage.......Remember when flying was really first class?

mommy-san
08-12-2006, 04:20 PM
So, any thoughts on shipping from/back to Canada? We'd considered shipping some stuff, but thought without a U.S. return address it would be a problem.

I Heart Disneyland!
08-12-2006, 09:28 PM
I bring home way too many souvenirs to ship my stuff!!! :)

Osky
08-13-2006, 08:01 AM
The Disney hotels will ship stuff for you (at your expense) no problem. If you get stuff from vacation planning in your room (large baskets, christmas trees, etc.) they leave the box for you in the closet with the shipping instructions in case you need to ship it.

Drince88
08-13-2006, 11:24 AM
So, any thoughts on shipping from/back to Canada? We'd considered shipping some stuff, but thought without a U.S. return address it would be a problem.
I can't answer your question, but I do know there are extra things you have to do to ship internationally from the U.S., so you should make sure you know what's needed for that situation. Might be easier to bring an extra suitcase, in your situation!