PDA

View Full Version : Test Track comes to Disneyland!

cstephens
05-05-2002, 09:04 PM
OK, well, at least the merchandise did. We were in the Autopia shop today and noticed some of the Test Track vehicles for sale. Kinda weird. The CM said the biggest problem she gets is people who see the merchandise and then ask where the ride is...

But the good news is that the die cast Haunted Mansion vehicle is back. We saw it one day back in October and didn't get it that day and haven't seen them since. We were thrilled to find them today!

/cs

Signed box of Cap'n Crunch from Not-Justin at the Luxor.

DZNEENUT
05-06-2002, 12:52 PM
Too bad all these are from DisneyWORLD! I want Disneyland replicas.

bluepearl
05-06-2002, 05:51 PM
Same with the plush. I was at Off the Page the other day and was pleasantly surprised to see a bunch of Lion King characters, looked at the tags, and they were all WDW tags.

DisneylandKid
05-06-2002, 06:01 PM
That is cheap. I've always noticed how the miniature vehicle replicas have said "Walt Disney World" on them...

Lost Boy
05-06-2002, 08:34 PM
In case you hadn't known, all merchandise for Walt Disney Theme Parks in the U.S. now comes from only one place. Florida. They decide what to make and sell in both WDW and Disneyland. Disneyland can order some special merchandise (Usually Park Specific T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Hats and such) but to save costs, again, all decisions are made at Florida and sent from there to Disneyland. And they do make mistakes. I have seen merchandise that clearly says Disneyland on it, but the castle is Florida's. And vice versa. I wish they could get there act together in merchandising. Biggest bunch of screw-ups I have ever seen. Only one or two "Merchandise Events" at Disneyland went off the way they should. All the rest were real foul-ups, thanks to Merchandising not knowing what or how to run events properly. :crying:

AliKzam
05-06-2002, 09:56 PM
You know, before they destroyed the Disney Store, my biggest complaint was the little theme park merchandise they had was for Disneyworld. In southern California, who really gives a you-know-what? They really gotta hire some new PR people. At least pretend like the company cares about us and themselves.

JeffG
05-07-2002, 09:54 AM
One thing that is really strange, though, is that the large, radio-controlled Test Track vehicle that they are selling at the Autopia store has both the WDW and Disneyland logos on the box. I guess that whomever designed the box didn't realize that the attraction isn't at Disneyland. Most likely, it was the same person who decided to sell the merchandise there...

-Jeff