I see a $60 ticket, as a 1-day hopper.

What do you see for 2010?

DisNey DuDe 87
05-05-2002, 07:14 PM
I think by 2010 the 3rd theme park might be open!:cool:

DisneylandKid
05-05-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
[B]I see a $60 ticket, as a 1-day hopper.
B]
Yes, but who knows how much $60 will be worth in 8 years...

Ah...the days when Disneyland admittance was a dollar...

Uncle Dick
05-05-2002, 10:27 PM
Every attraction in Tomorrowland turned into a planter or "kinetic sculpture", except Innoventions.

Ace
05-06-2002, 05:41 PM
sniffle.... frozen bananas costing $5.

no1here
05-07-2002, 09:16 AM
Who knows???

I remember seeing the tv special "The Disneyland Story" from the late eighties. It gave glimpses of coming attractions like:

Alien Encounter ('92)
Young Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular ('93)
Baby Herman's Runaway Buggy Ride ('94)
Dick Tracy's Crimestoppers
Hollywoodland (in 1999!)
The Muppets

It was quite exciting to think of all the cool things coming our way. Now look where we are today.

Ghoulish Delight
05-07-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by no1here
Who knows???

I remember seeing the tv special "The Disneyland Story" from the late eighties. It gave glimpses of coming attractions like:

Alien Encounter ('92)
Young Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular ('93)
Baby Herman's Runaway Buggy Ride ('94)
Dick Tracy's Crimestoppers
Hollywoodland (in 1999!)
The Muppets

It was quite exciting to think of all the cool things coming our way. Now look where we are today. That's an unwaranted pesimistic view. Sure, the ideas changed, but in many cases for the better. Young Indiana Jone Stunt Spectacular?? Man I'm glad that didn't happen, and we got the Indy rideni '95 instead. Sounds like a good trade to me. Baby Herman's is there, but (smartly) they used the title character, Roger Rabbit, instead. Personally, I'm glad Hollywoodland didn't make it in. Within Disneyland, fantasy is supposed to be reality. Having a land about movies within Disneyland draws attention to the fact that the fantasy is manufactured. It's one thing to have a ride BASED on a movie, because the reality of the movie universe is preserved. You're allowed to "believe" it is real. But to have a land about making movies would defeat the purpose.

So if your intention was to claim we've been short changed, I'd have to strongly disagree with that. Not to say that the outlook right NOW is kind of bleak, but certainly just because a couple good ideas hit the cutting room floor does not mean others aren't right behind.

no1here
05-07-2002, 09:48 AM
I'm not claiming that we have been shortchanged (accept maybe Alien Encounter vs. a restaurant). My point is that you never know what is going to happen. In Imagineering, plans always change, new ideas stem from older ones. It's all very exciting. But once an announcement is made, don't get set on something until the attraction is opened.

stevemo
05-08-2002, 12:49 PM
Disneyland and Walt Disney World will be sold to either Six Flags or Cedar Fair. Indy, Pirates, Small World and Haunted Mansion will all be replaced with non-themed rollercoasters and other thrill rides. The film and television divisions will be sold to Dreamworks or MGM. The board of directors will insist that these measures were necessary for the fiscal health of the company.

Darkbeer
05-08-2002, 01:38 PM
Heck, why does Disney have to be sold for the rides to change..... They have already removed atttractions that were expensive to run (Country Bear Jamboree, Rocket Rods, Submarines, etc...) and either FAILED to replace them, or in case of the Bears, replaced it with a Pooh ride that if it is like its WDW sister, will be filled with Plywood Cutouts and static dolls (Forget the AA's!!!!, too expensive)... As for non-themed rides, just go to DCA, and enjoy California Screamin, Mulholland Madness, etc.....

Actually, I would LOVE to see the Oriental Land Company take over the parks from Disney!!!!!

Ace
05-08-2002, 02:53 PM
the oriental land company runs TDS, right? if so, the sure. I'd like them to take over the running of the parks while the imagineers worked on the new rides and attractions. that would be the perfect combination: we wouldn't have the management joke we do today, and we'd still get the new rides. woop woop.

zapppop
05-08-2002, 08:22 PM
# 10: A new audio bug will be discoverd and once again Space Mountain will be operating without sound.

# 9: The Main Street Electrical Parade will be retired....( again )...
( or so they say )

# 8: 45 Years Of Magic; Parade Of The Stars celebrates it's 10th anniversary.

# 7: A new addition to Mickey's ToonTown ( by popular demand );
Chip N Dale's Bath House.

# 6: After a woman takes a flash picture inside It's A Small World, the new AA children go bezerk and attack the guests. The ride is closed for 2 days before re-opening.

# 5: The lagoon in Tomorrowland remains empty.

# 4: Sleeping Beauty Castle re-opens.............only to close again for an extensive rehab ( see ya in 2011 ! ).

# 3: Mike Tyson gets banned from the resort after biting Mickey's ear. Tyson claims Mickey talked trash about his mama.

# 2: California Adventure gets it's 2nd new ride !

# 1: Park maps are discontinued after a man gets a paper cut and sues.

Ace
05-08-2002, 08:31 PM
what about tommorowland still looking like stank?

zapppop
05-08-2002, 08:50 PM
That's implied.

Morrigoon
05-08-2002, 09:40 PM
Ticket price: $65

Disney company under second CEO since Eisner (the first being short-lived as there is no obvious heir to the position and a filler was needed while a future long-term CEO is chosen and groomed. This is the CEO in place by then.

First E-ticket to open in DL since the ill-fated Rocket Rods, located behind Thunder, in old Festival Arena (hopefully Forbidden Mountain)

L.A. Philharmonic gives 4th of July concert in 2-year old (new) amphitheatre built in Hollywood section of Disney's America, causing attendance at the now-popular park to soar

New exhibit opens at the Museum of Imagineering in Downtown Disney - features drawings of blue sky ideas currently under consideration (a representative from WDI is always present in the museum to answer questions and monitor public interest in certain ideas.

Wednesday nights at Downtown Disney bustle with excitement as season seat holders to the Animagination lecture series try to get dinner in prior to the 8 o'clock start time (some weeks the lecture is at the WDI museum, other times in the Animation building in the Hollywood area of Disney's America, and occasionally lectures take place inside the Disney Classics theater in Fantasyland (where by day, guests can attend screenings of classic Disney films on the big screen - especially popular on hot, crowded days when fastpasses for midday showtimes disappear quickly)

Final phase of the expanded Fantasyland begins construction. Already, curious guests can spot the masts of a pirate ship not far from the Matterhorn. Phase I, including a new C-ticket, "Robin Hood," a peaceful outdoor boat ride passing AA scenes from the classic film, has opened near the Small World mall area.

Plans for the new park still in limbo - currently looking like a park resembling the international half of Epcot as the most likely candidate. WDI rooting out and recruiting architects and artisans who worked on major themed areas of Vegas: The Forum Shops at Caesar's, The Canal Shoppes at the Venetian, as well as artists who worked on Paris LV, NYNY, and Bellagio, to work on plans for the new park.

Walt Disney Attractions President Cynthia Harriss demands highest quality or nothing at all, for the new park - causing several proposals to be redrawn and rewritten many times when theming or execution not up to her exacting standards (time with the resort has caused her to become ever more a champion of quality attractions and entertainment - her vigilance is rewarded by throngs of return guests keeping even winter attendance in the mid-60k's between the current two parks.

Disney has so far purchased 7/8 of the homes located in the area behind the DLH, with pending deals on the remaining 1/8th. Preliminary permits for a future park site have been approved subject to the company's aquisition of the land needed.

Corith
05-09-2002, 09:35 AM
A long while back, somebody posted a fictional news report from taking place several years in the future. I've tried to find but was unsuccessful.

I thought it gave a very acurate description of for the future of Disneyland.

If anybody can find it, please repost it here. :)

coronamouseman
05-09-2002, 09:54 PM
Everybody has a dream ............

(1) Eisner forced out as CEO after Disney reorganizes from catastrophic failure of poor broadcasting and sports franchises

(2) Company tabs animation whiz JK from Dreamworks to bring company back to what it does best - animated films and amusement parks

(3) JK pulls in pals GL and SS (the latter after Vivendi totally messes up SS's involvement with Universal Studios) to provide creativity for new Disney attractions (hey, these guys have already printed as much money as they want in films so why not take on the challenge of the century to design state-of-the-art interactive and sensory entertainment?

(4) Disney goes back to strategy which always has worked best for them - design and release new attractions in the US and then export the good ones (with slight variations) to other parks

(5) DCA eventually expands to include Anaheim Convention Center and Hilton Hotel across Katella (now a tunnel from West Street to Harbor)

(6) 5th park in WDW is DisneySea, with the change that New York Waterfront is replaced by City of Atlantis themed area (including integrated themed hotel complete with waterpark)

AliKzam
05-12-2002, 12:30 AM
I like Morrigoon's and Coronamouseman's ideas. I was just going to say it'll be way better than it is, now. I didn't want to read this thread, at first, because we've hashed and rehashed the cons of Disney. But after this weekend, I can honestly say that the Disney Corporation is still made up of good and thoughtful people. So I now have more than faith to rely on that things will improve over time :)
Just thought I'd help spread the happies.

lillas
05-12-2002, 06:51 AM
Moorigoon:
You forgot to mention hell freezing over.

MouseWife
05-12-2002, 07:32 AM
This is a Disney site.

Here it might be more appropriate to say

H - E double hockey sticks freezing over. :D

lillas
05-12-2002, 09:37 AM
excellent point. It won't happen again

Gemini Cricket
05-12-2002, 09:45 AM
What do you think DLR will be in 2010?

Let's see...

The Dreamworks SKG owned Disneyland opens for business with "Shrek", "Road to El Dorado" and "Prince of Egypt" characters only...
Partners statue for sale on EBay (an AOL company).

Scary, I know. But it could happen.

:eek:

Mad Hatter
05-12-2002, 11:22 AM
I see the subs back with a new theme,instead of looking out of portholes it will have monitors that look like a porthole using 3 D effects you could have a half dozen scenerios so each time you went on it would be totaly new. one trip 20000 leagues under the sea the next one Atlantis and so forth. Just a thought?:)