PDA

View Full Version : I want that tornado!

Jon Vincible
08-09-2006, 11:33 AM
So, I was on YouTube watching a video of the Tokyo version of the Indiana Jones Adventure, and I must say, they sure got the royal treatment. There's a gigantic tornado in the main chamber, and they even have an idol that shoots a smoke ring at you instead of the "Rats on a tree branch" bit that never seems to work properly. So, my question is, what are the chances we'd ever get that tornado? Slim? Or none? Haha.

Disney Vault
08-09-2006, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't want the tornado because I like the fire effects better. But I really would like the smoke ring. And I would like more detail added to the strech where they shoot the darts at your head. They have been enhancing rides so maybe they will get around ot doing this too.

Jon Vincible
08-09-2006, 01:20 PM
As cool as the fire effects are, that tornado was just awe-inspiring. And about the dart room, I always thought the little painted skeleton people were too simple for such an elaborate ride. I couldn't tell in the video I saw, but it looks like the Tokyo skeleton warriors are actually 3-D.

Disney Vault
08-09-2006, 08:35 PM
As cool as the fire effects are, that tornado was just awe-inspiring. And about the dart room, I always thought the little painted skeleton people were too simple for such an elaborate ride. I couldn't tell in the video I saw, but it looks like the Tokyo skeleton warriors are actually 3-D.
I am pretty sure they are 3-D objects too.

audibleatom
08-10-2006, 08:02 AM
having made the treck to TDS and gone on the ride i must say that if the IJTOD here at DL had all the effects working correctly then it would be just as good if not better than the TDS version...the problem here it that NOTHING WORKS!!! Oriental Land Management (the company that runs the Disney parks in Japan) does a much better job on upkeep of a park and rides. The TDS park is the best looking park I have ever been too. They need more rides but I would still pick it as my favorite over DL and that makes me sad as I grew up at DL and am a AP holder.

tigga please
08-10-2006, 09:44 AM
ahh the good old days when all the effects on Indiana worked...
i was pretty disappointed with it on our last trip. but my now ex-fiancé, wanted to ride it over and over again - and each ride i became even more disappointed. it was like watching jerry rice play for the raiders and not get the ball. how can you let something so great, go without the attention it so desperately deserves?!

Disney Vault
08-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Has Disney scheduled this ride to go down anytime soon?

Jon Vincible
08-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Hmmm, I suppose now my question is, what effects aren't working on our IJA? I know the rats on a branch bit never sets up properly. I think I also remember something about falling rocks or debris in the main chamber.

Disney Vault
08-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Hmmm, I suppose now my question is, what effects aren't working on our IJA? I know the rats on a branch bit never sets up properly. I think I also remember something about falling rocks or debris in the main chamber.
The Indiana Jones AA needs some help and has been shaking in a very strange way, smoke only comes out of one Mara eye in the first scene, and in the line the rope you pull and the bamboo stick aren't working.

Another Dimension
08-11-2006, 11:40 PM
The 'smoke ring' from TDS Indy installed in DL Indy... would be a great improvement / 'plussing', IMO.

I think the cool TDS Indy 'tornado effect' should be added into another attraction on property. Somehow, somewhere ... because the fire in Indy at DL, is good stuff already. :~D

tigga please
08-12-2006, 04:33 PM
The Indiana Jones AA needs some help and has been shaking in a very strange way, smoke only comes out of one Mara eye in the first scene, and in the line the rope you pull and the bamboo stick aren't working.

when i went last month the bamboo stick in the skull hall had been removed..

Jon Vincible
08-14-2006, 09:29 AM
When I went at the end of July the bamboo stick was there. Also, everyone keeps mentioning fire instead of the tornado. Do the wind effects used to create the tornado mean that no fire effects could be used? Would it be too windy?

dznyphreak
08-14-2006, 02:26 PM
I don't remember where I saw this, but apparently when Indy was new, the big idol face in the main chamber shot a green laser from its eye at the roof of the chamber which sent ice (from a machine installed in the roof) tumbling to the floor. Unfortunately, whoever designed the thing made the ice machine near impossible to access to repair, so it has been broken ever since. And, although I don't remember this, my dad insists that the fire effects used to shoot up much higher than they do now. One more thing...the room right after Mara (with the Gates of Doom) used to be filled with that steamy/smoky stuff so the floor wasn't visible. I do wish the powers that be would decide to change the ride a little bit. It is relatively new, but such a ride deserves some attention. Personally, I would like to see them change the cheesy air puffs in the bug area (it gets old) and I also agree that the rat thing is kinda dumb. Something that bugs me sometimes, although it's impossible to change, is that you can see other vehicles and how they work (the wheels staying flat and the cab moving). It ruins the magic a little bit.

Ok, so I just watched the video...how much more awesome was the temple outside and the queue?!?!

Jon Vincible
08-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Ahhhh! The laser shoots the ceiling! I remember it now. I also remember the ride used to be alot more turbulent. I think I read that they toned it down because people were getting bruised. But yes, the Japanse temple and queue area is awesome. Please please powers that be! Give Indy the attention he deserves!

Squeaky
08-14-2006, 06:59 PM
So, I was on YouTube watching a video of the Tokyo version of the Indiana Jones Adventure
got a link? I'd love to see it :)

Jon Vincible
08-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Absolutely! Here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mDuasAQMynQ

The tornado! Noone else seems nearly as impressed by it as I was. Haha.

Another Dimension
08-15-2006, 06:01 PM
the TDS tornado is really cool... it just wouldn't work in DL's Indy if Indy was to remain so dependent on fire and it's present and thematically fitting lighting package.

If you'll notice... TDS Indy is lit in blues and greys which match the tornado and other FX perfectly .... and DL's Indy is lit in reds and oranges, to better match the fire that is a major part of DL's whole package temple theme.

Osky
08-15-2006, 07:24 PM
How about mixing gas into the tornado so that it is a tornado of fire!?!

jdee
08-15-2006, 08:04 PM
I also remember when it first opened going across halfway across the bridge, stopping, backing up and then going forward. I agree that it has been toned down, it's not as turbulent. I enjoyed it more when it first opened.

Squeaky
08-15-2006, 08:19 PM
How about mixing gas into the tornado so that it is a tornado of fire!?!
haha that would ROCK!!!

Disney Vault
08-16-2006, 11:04 AM
The 'smoke ring' from TDS Indy installed in DL Indy... would be a great improvement / 'plussing', IMO.

I think the cool TDS Indy 'tornado effect' should be added into another attraction on property. Somehow, somewhere ... because the fire in Indy at DL, is good stuff already. :~D
I agree. It should be working into another amazing new attraction.