PDA

View Full Version : Sun Wheel and other Surprises

Pages : [1] 2

hg0079
08-08-2006, 11:41 AM
So I am not one for Farriswheels, I love everything else but farriswheels....

So last time we were there a friend got me to go on it. I had no idea the cars swung so up up up we went then shoosh! I though for that split second that seems to last forever that we were crashing to our doom so....

for all the other "oblivious people" like me....heads up they move

Anyone else have a ride that gave them a suprise?

Jon Vincible
08-08-2006, 11:45 AM
When I first rode that ride a few years ago, we knew they moved, but we didn't expect it to be such a frightening experience. Everytime I ride it I feel like I'm going to die.

hg0079
08-08-2006, 11:47 AM
glad I am not the only one

Vegitabeta
08-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Hehe, we always go on the cars that don't swing, I don't like heights as it is!

DangerMouse
08-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Heh, I've said it before and I'll say it again . . .

The Sun Wheel is PURE EVIL!!:~D

kiwifuz
08-08-2006, 01:08 PM
I only ride in the non-swinging cars. My DH hates anything that makes his stomach queasy and it just looks like something I don't want to witness.

Last trip we rode it twice and each time had to wait while the barf patrol came and cleaned out swinging cars. We almost missed our BB PS because of one. :)

JookyG
08-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Wow, I didn't realize this was such a thrill ride. I'll have to go for a spin next time I'm there :D I'll bet the view's pretty good too--when you're not swinging all over the place, that is.

annieb727
08-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Wow, I didn't realize this was such a thrill ride. I'll have to go for a spin next time I'm there :D I'll bet the view's pretty good too--when you're not swinging all over the place, that is.

yeah...it's got a bit of a thrill to it...it feels like you're going to fall!! My tummy always gets thrown around...it's GREAT!!! And a great view too :)

Rhiannon8404
08-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Heh, I've said it before and I'll say it again . . .

The Sun Wheel is PURE EVIL!!:~D

Preach it! Amen!

averagedork
08-08-2006, 02:04 PM
My little brother and his friends were on it awhile ago and decided to be funny to trade pants on the ride. That makes sense right? So my brother walked off that ride wearing pants that were WAAAY to short for him, one guy wearing pants that were too long, another too tight, and the last guy was wearing ones that were too wide. Funniest thing. Especially when someone spilled water on themselves to look like they had an accident.

calidopeyfan
08-08-2006, 02:18 PM
That ride just scares me. Well my husband and I took my nephew to CA and he wanted to ride it. Of course husband would not go on it, so I had to be the brave aunt and ride it. While I am in line I am having panic attacks thinking that if one of those cars fell into the water...oh my gosh how would I get out? I know that is extreme...but it looks so scary. Well we get on and we start to move and the car starts to swing and there in nothing to hang onto! I am trying to act so brave...it was the scariest thing I ever did! Of course my nephew loved! I told my husband that next time he will have to ride it! Of course I have never convinced him since then.

Cali

ScrapKat
08-08-2006, 02:50 PM
I'll tell you what, people. I'm a thrill-seeking, bunjee-jumping, sky-diving fool and that's the scariest ride I've ever been on.

I still go on it though. :p

nightdesigns
08-08-2006, 02:53 PM
I've noticed that in my older years I just don't like things like that anymore. I used to love the ferris wheels as a kid, now I can't stand them (I actually hate the smaller ones more than the larger ones). I've never had a desire to go on the ones that roll around, the stationary ones are bad enough.

hg0079
08-08-2006, 02:54 PM
While I am in line I am having panic attacks thinking that if one of those cars fell into the water...oh my gosh how would I get out?
Cali

You don't have to worry about getting out of the water....you would already be dead

The P.O.P.
08-08-2006, 03:26 PM
I agree that it can be one of the scariest rides, EVER! I still love it. I just scream for my dear life as it slides and sways, that's part of the fun. The trick is to face the Orange Stinger. Then it is not as bad. If you face CA Screamin' you just feel like you are going to fling off the wheel and go flying into the water. Then you will be trapped in a little cage that is locked from the outside. A cage with mesh windows that will surely fill up with water. Glug, glug, glug, glug...Nothing scary about that!

P.S. The red car is for whimps!

landj
08-08-2006, 05:45 PM
I usually ride the "non-swinging" cars but last trip I was "convinced" to go in the moving cars as the line was shorter and it was pretty scary. It was at night. I will only go on the non-swinging cars from now on.

rentayenta
08-08-2006, 06:11 PM

The view is amazing especially in the evening. But like the others said- PURE EVIL!

Another Dimension
08-08-2006, 08:31 PM
The Sun Wheel is PURE FUN! :D

You aren't going to fall .... enjoy living on the edge a bit. :rolleyes:

Tinkerbell02
08-08-2006, 09:42 PM
I went on the Ferris Wheel for the first time when I was 19. We were there for New Years and it was night time. My friend kept telling me the swinging cars looked kinda of scary. I just shrugged and said we'd be fine. We get on that crazy thing and I lost it. I had the worst panic attack, my friend and boyfriend are yelling at the people to stop it so I can get off because I knew if I had to go around a second time I would have passed out. It scared the willies out of me. And there is absolutely NOTHING to hold on to in that thing. One time around in those swinging cars and the people pulled our car back into the station so I could get off. Never have I gotten out of a disney ride with such rapid speed, never again will I attempt the ride of death.

Another Dimension
08-09-2006, 04:47 AM
And there is absolutely NOTHING to hold on to in that thing.

Hold on to the seat you are sitting on and keep your feet firmly planted.
It works fine!!
You will just lean a bit a few times, but you won't fall into the Guests across from you ... unless you're a kid. :rolleyes:

Parents... please hold onto your kids while on the Swingin' SunWheel, or at least hold them after I hand them back to you the first time.

Getting hit by your kids twice, isn't cool!! :p

Micmousetoo
08-09-2006, 08:27 AM
Totally the scariest ride at DL! For that matter, my husband and boys dragged me to six flags and on almost all those big coasters and non of them were as scary as the sun wheel. The anticipation of the swing is unbelievable!! I have always been terrified of ferris wheels. But my family drags me onto the swinging one every visit because the view is so fantastic at night and because the boys love to see me terrified! Why is that?

tinkgrl81
08-09-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm the type of person that will ride anything and usually nothing makes me queasy. but the sun wheel is evil!!! Well at least the swinging ones are.

hg0079
08-09-2006, 10:25 AM
you can get some great shots of disneyland from it

Drince88
08-09-2006, 10:37 AM
You can see farther (and theoretically get better photos) if you ride the non-swinging cars, too. Yea, that's why I only ride non-swinging, so I can see farther, yea, that's the reason!

(Well, it is a nice benefit!)

hg0079
08-09-2006, 02:21 PM
wow when I started this thread I had no idea how many other people have the same "experience" I have with that darn "sweet looking" ride