PDA

View Full Version : Drive time from Disneyland to American Girl

Bolivar
08-08-2006, 07:55 AM
Google says that it is 35 miles from DL to the American Girl Place in LA and that it takes 45 minutes. Is that correct in LA traffic? My wife wants to take our daughter there one morning.

The old man
08-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Google says that it is 35 miles from DL to the American Girl Place in LA and that it takes 45 minutes. Is that correct in LA traffic? My wife wants to take our daughter there one morning.
If no other humans are driving that day.:)

The Lovely Mrs. tod
08-08-2006, 09:12 AM
I would have said 45 mins, assuming you're not traveling at drive time.

-TLMt

Bolivar
08-08-2006, 09:58 AM
When does traffic start thinning, 9:00, 9:30? I think my wife was thinking that she and my daughter would head over in the morning while the boys and I go into DL, but perhaps it would be better for all of us to head into DL and for them to head out late morning.

cyberRoo
08-08-2006, 10:04 AM
I would allow an hour+. We live practically across the street from the Grove, and it's usually about 45 minutes freeway time with light traffic, about an hour total. During busy times it can take another half hour.

Personally, from Disneyland, I'd take the 5N to the 91W (carpool lane) to the 605N for just a couple of exits, to the 105W (carpool lane) to the 110N (carpool) to the 10W to La Brea. In my experience, the carpool lanes will serve you better than taking the 5 the whole way.

After 9:30, traffic should be ok.

Lekta
08-08-2006, 10:15 AM
Perhaps by helicoptor it is. Other then that, I'd plan for at least one hour. More if you drive anywhere near 5pm.

Bolivar
08-08-2006, 10:37 AM
I had to look at a map to follow those freeway numbers, but it looks pretty straightforward. I've already punched the from and to addressed into the GPS and it wants to send me on 5 the whole way, but I can tell it to route through all those others. It will be just my wife and daughter. What are the numbers needed for car pools down there? Oh and what are the hours? Up here, it depends on the highway. Some are three or more, some are two. And the car pool lanes are only in effect from 7:30-9:30 or something like that. If she leaves after 9:30 to avoid the traffic, will the car pool lanes still be in effect?

Bolivar
08-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Oh and since I am getting this great insider information on LA freeways, would that same route be the way to go from DL to Univeral Studios the day we go there? There will be six of us in the car and we'll be going in the morning so we will definately be a car pool and we will be in the thick of it traffic-wise.

So would that be north on 5, west on 91, north on 605, west on 105, north on 110, north on 101? All that instead of the straightforward 5 north to 101 north.

The P.O.P.
08-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Carpool here is 2+ at all hours. But, often times the carpool lane is just as slow as the regular lanes. This is LA, a styrofoam cup smashed in the center divider can cause a two mile backup. You never know. Give yourself at least an extra 30 minutes to be safe. Have fun!

kiowa
08-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Traffic is not that bad out in LA. It takes me about 30-40 minutes to get to Disneyland from Hollywood all hours of the day.