PDA

View Full Version : Bengal BBQ closing date

mi_mous
08-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Does anyone know the tear down date of the Bengal BBQ??

I wanted to make sure I made it there one last time before they tear it out.

I know some people said fall, and that is coming up.

Pilot Mickey
08-07-2006, 09:11 PM
i think it's been delayed until next year

I Heart Disneyland!
08-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Next year? REALLY? REALLY? When I was there in May, I was grieving that it was my last chicken skewer. Someone who works at DL, can you confirm?

Disney Vault
08-07-2006, 10:15 PM
Not for a while. They pushed it back. I would say at least a year. Fall seems to be a time they like to start construction so maybe fall of 2007:confused: Just a guess.

darph nader
08-07-2006, 10:39 PM
ALL RIGHT,when i heard it was closing I was bummed.:( Always wanted to try it,but never had the chance. Now it will be on TOP of my list. Thanks for the update.:cool:

Omnitographer
08-07-2006, 11:50 PM
to be perfectly honest, the bengal bbq is only realy great if you havent had a decent home cooked meal in a long time. Nothing comes close to my dad's home made ribs and bbq sauce.

My only complaint about the place is that the bread things are as dry as a ball of cotton :(

olegc
08-08-2006, 11:08 AM
now that the top spot at the DLR has shifted to Grier - I wonder how many projects not yet started still have the green light down the road or will they all be re-evaluated...

potzbie
08-08-2006, 11:22 AM
If you have the gumption, and if you wish to maximize your DISNEY experience, then I suggest this:

Order a DOLE WHIP at the Enchanted Tiki Room, and run to the BENGAL BBQ and order the spicy chicken skewer.

What a delight!
Tropical pineapple-flavored ice cream, and tropical spicy barbeque meat skewer.

No wimpy Mickey Mouse pancakes can beat that combination!
:)
(If that doesn't put hair on your chest, then nothing will. -- If you DO already have hair on your chest, then then the spicy chicken will take it off!)
:)

I Heart Disneyland!
08-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Not for a while. They pushed it back. I would say at least a year.

How do you know this for certain? I don't want to be disappointed in November when I'm there.

Disney Vault
08-08-2006, 09:05 PM
How do you know this for certain? I don't want to be disappointed in November when I'm there.
Nothing is for certain but in an update from Al he said how it was pushed back because there was just already too much construction going on. And there is only so much construction and tarps that visitors will put up with so that project had to be moved to a later date.

JookyG
08-08-2006, 11:27 PM
to be perfectly honest, the bengal bbq is only realy great if you havent had a decent home cooked meal in a long time.

It's really great anytime you want a moderately healthy, protein-filled snack that isn't dripping in grease or sugar. For a lot of folks, that isn't often enough to keep BB open--I will be sad to see it go.

TikiTiki
08-09-2006, 12:43 AM
..earlier today while making plans for our Christmastime trip.

Now don't quote me as I'm not quoting her.. but according to the wonderful agent on the line, she said, it isn't set in stone, but rumors are that the Bengal BBQ may NOT close at all and that it will NOT be closed this fall at all. Seems all the grumping 'n growling people were doing about had been heard loud 'n clear somewhere higher up. The PTB ARE listening in .. somewhere.

So good news from what I can tell if you are hankering for some skewers during the next year.. and perhaps even longer!

CariBelle
08-09-2006, 10:16 AM
It's really great anytime you want a moderately healthy, protein-filled snack that isn't dripping in grease or sugar. For a lot of folks, that isn't often enough to keep BB open--I will be sad to see it go.

Agreed.

Alex S.
08-13-2006, 12:26 PM
From our June 12, 2006 (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl060612xx), Disneyland Park Update:

...For a while now we have included in the Refurbishment and Closure schedule the rumor that River Belle Terrace (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=AAD406) would close this fall to begin a renovation into a completely updated two-story restaurant. As part of such a project, Bengal Barbecue (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=AAA401) would also likely close permanently. While the project still seems to be in the pipeline it now appears to have been pushed off to late 2007 in favor of other Foods projects under consideration. So, for now, that rumor is off the schedule.

I Heart Disneyland!
08-13-2006, 12:54 PM
This makes me very happy! Thanks, Alex!!!!