PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours FastPass Disconnected?

Jon Vincible
08-07-2006, 04:33 PM
I was reading on the RideMax software website that as of 2002, three attractions have been disconnected from the network, including Star Tours. I assume the two others they're referring to are Roger Rabbit and GRR, but can anyone verify that Star Tours is disconnected? I don't remember reading that on the the FastPass guides I read.

Andrew
08-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Star Tours FastPass is indeed disconnected in the sense that is is completely gone. Removed. It has ceased to be. This is an ex-FastPass.

Jon Vincible
08-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Well that makes sense. Has anyone used the RideMax software?

bradk
08-07-2006, 05:10 PM
i've used it multiple times. it does exactly what it promises, no complaints, but i think you really need to experiment a lot with it to know what it's trying to do so you can tweak it to your own needs.

that said, i'd only really recommend it in peak season or if you have 2 days or less. both times i've used it have been in low season in may, once for 3 days and once for 5 days and i totally fell off the plan both times, although i do attribute that in part to using ridemax enough to know which attractions to visit and when.

quadaunt
08-07-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm also a fan of RideMax.

I Heart Disneyland!
08-08-2006, 12:00 AM
Does Star Tours really even need a Fast Pass anymore? Seems that every time I walk past it, there's no line. I say add it to Peter Pan!!

RideMax Mark
08-08-2006, 01:46 AM
Star Tours FastPass is indeed disconnected in the sense that is is completely gone. Removed. It has ceased to be. This is an ex-FastPass.

Andrew's correct -- Star Tours no longer offers FASTPASS, and hasn't for some time. The current version of RideMax won't have you trying to use FASTPASS on Star Tours. I'm afraid our Sample Plan is just sorely out of date.

Sorry for the confusion!

rentayenta
08-08-2006, 04:58 AM
Well that makes sense. Has anyone used the RideMax software?

I've used it twice. Once in Dec. 2004 and once last summer. It was right on in December. July was so crowded last year that Ridemax was a bit off but a fun program to use. We'll use it for this December too. I just wish I could use it on my Mac.

Frogberto
08-08-2006, 10:56 AM
You're correct, the Star Tours Fast pass was taken away, in April, I believe. But I do use RideMax and I love it- aside from the touring plans, there are many, many helpful tips in the program. Great program.

Jon Vincible
08-08-2006, 11:06 AM
You don't find it constricting to follow a schedule when you visit the parks?

bradk
08-08-2006, 12:38 PM
better to be waiting in line for an attraction 5 mins at most than 45 mins or more, no?

Jon Vincible
08-08-2006, 01:23 PM
True. I guess it's because I always go in a large group, like 8 or more. We hardly ever agree what to ride next, so we usually have to compromise. I'd fear a mutiny if I showed up with a schedule. Hehe.

Doug
08-08-2006, 01:26 PM
say add it to Peter Pan?! Ok, what do you mean?

Does Star Tours really even need a Fast Pass anymore? Seems that every time I walk past it, there's no line. I say add it to Peter Pan!!

kingzedekiya
08-08-2006, 01:38 PM
No more Fastpass for Star Tours. As a Tours CM I have to say we haven't had fastpass working since December and we took out the machines in April. sorry bout that

kingzedekiya
08-08-2006, 01:39 PM
OH and they will never put a FP in Peter because it is a classic ride in FL and they don't place them there.

Drince88
08-08-2006, 03:26 PM
True. I guess it's because I always go in a large group, like 8 or more. We hardly ever agree what to ride next, so we usually have to compromise. I'd fear a mutiny if I showed up with a schedule. Hehe.
Show them the plan ahead of time and get buy in! Then the arguments/compromising goes away!
Or split into two groups - one following the plan and the other doing the 'normal' thing and compare notes at the end of the day!

annieb727
08-08-2006, 03:52 PM

Get input...ask them if they'd be willing to work the plan for ONE day to see how it goes. Tell them how Ride Max works and how it would benefit EVERYONE. Get input on which rides to choose and then show them the plan. Try it, and I bet they'll agree to use it again.

Doug
08-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Well, since a "mutiny" of sorts has occured in this thread (suject hijacking), I have NEVER been able to use ridemax, never, one of the big problems is you can never know when you will actually arrive at the park, so what do you use for the start time (I live about 2 hours away from DLR, a huge variable)? Yes, you can make multiple plans, but that is a pain, also, ridemax does not let you PRIORITIZE rides, so you can say "I want to ride space Mtn at night" for example.... what a waste, what people like my self want, is the raw data, if I could just download the ride times for that day, before I head out, that way as I walk around, let's say it's 12:15p, I can look at the list, and determine which ride I would like to ride next based on the historical wait time .... I know they have the signs, but they are only in two places in the two parks, not too usefull if you are not near them.

bradk
08-08-2006, 07:11 PM
not sure what you mean by making multiple plans being a pain. it's just changing a number. maybe lugging around multiple ones and managing them, but of course you know which ones you can throw out when you get there.

i think one of the biggest points of confusion with the schedules is the time labels. while time is obviously a factor (HUGE difference between 9 am and 11 am), the times are not meant to be constricting. only bold times are the ones that are really stressed and even then, i believe ridemax assumes a 10 minute window.

if i'm not mistaken, future versions of ridemax will be able to set time preferences for particular attractions. in the interim, it's really not that hard to mess around with the schedules enough to get it to do what you want. i've successfully had it schedule certain attractions during both the day and night as I wanted. it just takes tweaking. or sometimes i'll take an attraction i know will be scheduled at night and use that as my substitute, sometimes even doubling it with itself or another attraction to pad the wait time just to be safe.

rentayenta
08-08-2006, 07:25 PM
You don't find it constricting to follow a schedule when you visit the parks?

Not in the least. You can do your schedule to be very flexible if you want. We always know we can throw it out if need be. I like it because it stops my DH from asking "what's next?" and stops the kids from bickering about who gets to pick the next ride. I know my family very well and a little prep time leads to a whole lot more fun time.

I Heart Disneyland!
08-08-2006, 07:50 PM
say add it to Peter Pan?! Ok, what do you mean?

Add fast pass to Peter Pan. It doesn't currently have it and the lines are always extremely long, unlike Star Tours.

Another Dimension
08-08-2006, 08:29 PM

If I hadn't seen it gone gone gone myself... I would think it was just resting!

HydroGuy
08-08-2006, 11:01 PM
I have used RideMax. There are three important parts of efficient touring:

1. Get to the parks early - RideMax can encourage you but you are the one who has to do this

2. Collect FastPasses - especially during the busy season

3. Focus on rides for the first 2-3 hours

One way to use RideMax with a larger group that might mutiny is to only plan part of the day with RideMax and then let everyone know that after such and such a time you will stop following a plan.

But just in case, have a RideMax plan for that afterwards time in case people decide they want to continue with RideMax.

Doug
08-13-2006, 11:01 AM
What do you mean by "early"? 12pm is about the earliest we can get there ...

I have used RideMax. There are three important parts of efficient touring:

1. Get to the parks early - RideMax can encourage you but you are the one who has to do this

Another Dimension
08-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Fast Pass on Pan would make an already slow moving, always massive line on Peter Pan really really bad.

It's one of the longest lines in the park, one of, if not the slowest moving line in the park and one of the slowest load, lowest capacity rides at DL...

FP on Pan would be a long day of Standby waiting for anyone with no Fast Passes.
That would be an incredibly bad idea for Disneyland to even consider.

I never ride Pan as it is now with the long, full-queue filled waits, the Stand By queue with Peter Pan Fast Pass would be 5 times as long as it is now and even slower moving. I would feel really bad for those all those guests once FP on Pan ran out. Brutal standby waits. Bad idea.