PDA

View Full Version : Just starting to plan and research

kristie73
08-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Taking ds to DL for his 4th b-day Veteran's Day weekend. We've almost decided on the flight. From Colorado Springs we can get a short direct flight to LAX for almost $850 for all three of us. I know it's LAX but given that it's direct, quick, and cheaper is a plus.

I need more info on how to get from LAX to DL. Bus, shuttle, taxi. ??? No need to rent a car.

We are probably going to stay in a hotel outside the park. Looking at Best Western Park Place Inn. Thoughts?

We are going to only do a two day hopper. Friday and Saturday and fly back home on Sunday. (we fly into LAX early on Friday)

Also the flight we are looking at leaves LAX at 9am. That means we need to be up early and on our way to LAX by 6am I think. ???

Just wanted some feedback or suggestions. Thanks.

sierranevada
08-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Well - transportation options for 3 people are approx. - $45 each way for Super Shuttle, $70 each way for taxi or $98 each way for town car (reserved through Super Shuttle). Fastest options are taxi and town car and the above approx. prices don't include tip. Closest airport to DLR is SNA and supershuttle is $10 per person and taxi is about $35 each way. Factor those in when looking at air fare.

A word of warning, Veterans Day is one of the busiest weekends. We were there last year over the holiday. They did close park admission in early afternoon on both Fri & Sat. We went for 4 full days, stayed onsite and took nice breaks in the afternoon and got to see everything but just wanted to let you know that you are going at a very busy time.

disneyhound
08-07-2006, 05:28 PM
...Just wanted some feedback or suggestions. Thanks.

Don't go on a 3-day weekend... Go during the week, when school is in session. Stay longer, 4-nights/5-days is good. You get to take your time and really enjoy everything! Your airfare is your greatest expense, another night and upgrade to 5-day park hoppers is not very expensive, IMHO...

Darkbeer
08-07-2006, 05:55 PM
The Disneyland Express Airport Bus service is a great option, just $25 round trip for adults, $17 for kids 3 thru 11 with the coupon at the link below, that makes it $33.50 (kids are cheaper on the bus). I love the fact the bus gives you individual seats with arm rest, instead of trying to cram you into a van bench seat.

www.airportbus.com

splash
08-08-2006, 07:37 AM
I know this is different than your question, but just wanted to add it on. Be sure to go to the sword in the stone ceremony. We did it with my son when he was a similar age and he was picked to pull the sword from the stone. It is a really cool ceremony and afterwards he got a certificate and a really cool medal. Have your child wear something in a bright color so they are noticed and try to stand near the front. Believe me, this will make your trip so special!

kristie73
08-08-2006, 09:41 AM
I thought about the Veteran's Day weekend being busy. My husband and I have been going back and forth about it. DS's birthday is on Veteran's Day, Nov 11th which is a Saturday. I figured not as many people get that holiday off and it does fall on a Saturday this year. We are considering the weekend before, but I just think it would be so cool for him to go on his actual b-day. Maybe we'll consider flying in on Thursday instead to have a little more time.

I also think I like the bus idea.

hg0079
08-08-2006, 10:02 AM
your right many adults don't get it off however the kids get if off from school

sierranevada
08-08-2006, 11:42 AM
I thought about the Veteran's Day weekend being busy. My husband and I have been going back and forth about it. DS's birthday is on Veteran's Day, Nov 11th which is a Saturday. I figured not as many people get that holiday off and it does fall on a Saturday this year. We are considering the weekend before, but I just think it would be so cool for him to go on his actual b-day. Maybe we'll consider flying in on Thursday instead to have a little more time.

I also think I like the bus idea.

We flew in Wed night and found that Thursday was okay but Friday afternoon through Sun was crazy. Again, last year the holiday was actually on Friday so it could be different. We are in NoCal and my son's school has both Thurs & Fri off - Friday is the "official holiday" and our district schedules a teacher work day on Thurs so the teachers work but kids are not in school.

disneyhound
08-08-2006, 05:12 PM
...I just think it would be so cool for him to go on his actual b-day...

Even if you are not there on his exact Birthday, stop by City Hall and tell the CM there that you are on his Birthday Trip. They will give him a Birthday Sticker! He will get loads of attention from the CM's for the rest of the day!