PDA

View Full Version : getting the Entertainment Book on short notice

ScrapKat
08-07-2006, 10:40 AM
I booked some nights at HoJo using the Entertainment rate, and now I figure I'd better get the Entertainment book, heh heh. :p We drive down Friday, we'll be staying with family, and our first night at HoJo is Sunday the 13th. I heard I could get the books at Long's but my local stores don't have it (I'm in northern California). I checked online at the Entertainment site and I can get an '06 book for $12.99 and pay an add'l $10.00 shipping for 3-5 business day shipping.

Is this the best way to go? What if, by some chance, it didn't arrive on time? Thanks in advance for your input! :)

nightdesigns
08-07-2006, 10:56 AM
I have an entertainment book and haven't used the rebate form. If you want it, i'll send it to you for no cost. It looks like you submit after your vacation. PM me your address.

bradk
08-07-2006, 11:28 AM
technically, all you need is the card. i purchased one directly from them for $15. i received it within a week.

ScrapKat
08-07-2006, 11:48 AM
I have an entertainment book and haven't used the rebate form. If you want it, i'll send it to you for no cost. It looks like you submit after your vacation. PM me your address.

Thanks for the offer... as I understand it though, all you need is the entertainment card and you get the special rate at that time (no need to pay full price and apply for a refund.)

technically, all you need is the card. i purchased one directly from them for $15. i received it within a week.

So you purchased just the card from them? And if we leave on Friday and I order it today, that leaves me just 4 days to recieve it if I pay that add'l $10 for faster shipping...

Another question for those of you who have used the Entertainment rate at HoJo... do they actually request to see the card? :p

bradk
08-07-2006, 12:02 PM
i purchased it for HoJo but ended up going somewhere else without the entertainment rate, but it was stressed to me multiple times that the card will be necessary for the rate. specifically, I was told that the hotel is booked at the rack rate and then the discount is applied when the card is presented.

and yes, I got just the card from the company. i don't know about shipping. you're definitely cutting it close.

Malcon10t
08-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the offer... as I understand it though, all you need is the entertainment card and you get the special rate at that time (no need to pay full price and apply for a refund.)

So you purchased just the card from them? And if we leave on Friday and I order it today, that leaves me just 4 days to recieve it if I pay that add'l $10 for faster shipping...

Another question for those of you who have used the Entertainment rate at HoJo... do they actually request to see the card? :pYes, they usually request it. Not sure where in N. Ca you are but our local Barnes and Noble has them, usually Costco has them. If you go to mypoints.com, yuo can usually get a good deal on them. I am on auto order, so I just get one each Sept mailed to me...

ScrapKat
08-07-2006, 12:28 PM
it was stressed to me multiple times that the card will be necessary for the rate. specifically, I was told that the hotel is booked at the rack rate and then the discount is applied when the card is presented.Thank you, that is really good to know.

Not sure where in N. Ca you are but our local Barnes and Noble has them, usually Costco has them. Thanks!! (You are always soooo helpful! :) ) I called my local (Roseville) B&N and they don't have any in stock right now. Where are you? Yours has them in stock right now? And my Costco didn't have them...

Malcon10t
08-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Thank you, that is really good to know.

Thanks!! (You are always soooo helpful! :) ) I called my local (Roseville) B&N and they don't have any in stock right now. Where are you? Yours has them in stock right now? And my Costco didn't have them...Hmmm, we are in Modesto. I'm going to PM you. Yes, ours has it as of Saturday.

hlbtimes2
08-07-2006, 01:56 PM
They are coming near the end of their year. The new books start in less then two months. That is why they are hard to find. The coupons in the current book are only good for a short time, so most people arent buying the current book right now.

ScrapKat
08-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Thanks all! I really appreciate the input. :)

annieb727
08-11-2006, 08:31 AM
so when do the books end and begin? Is it October or November?

mulansgirl
08-11-2006, 09:09 AM
I know there are some things you need the book for like at the San Diego Zoo. with the coupon in the book you get four dollars off the best value ticket, if you show the card you will get a polite smile and get told you need a coupon to get the discount. They turn in all the coupons at the end of the day and each coupon needs to be scanned and have the number of people using it written on it.
Short story long, some things you need a book for. I have never owned a card or book, I do not know all the discounts you get but I do know at least for the zoo you need the coupon. Dissregard this message if it was only entended for hotel discounts.

annieb727
08-11-2006, 09:19 AM
another question...do the cards come automatically when you purchase a book?

bradk
08-11-2006, 09:51 AM
yes, there are book only discounts that do require the physical coupon. they also have an online site which has different offers and allows you to check to see participating hotels in any state (although it's a little tricky to get to).

i'm assuming the card comes with the book if you mail order it. i've never heard of buying it in person, but i don't see why either. the card has a number on it, but no indication that it's tied to you in particular. but maybe they do need to know who you are.

ScrapKat
08-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Ya, the cards come with the book. I know that places like Barnes & Noble sell it but since we're in that period of time just before 2007 comes out (a couple months from now) I couldn't find any near me that still had any 2006 books.

Thankfully I was able to borrow a card from a friend. :)

bradk
08-11-2006, 11:22 AM
actually, now that i think about it.. does the card even have a number on it?

ScrapKat
08-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Yep. :)

hlbtimes2
08-11-2006, 12:37 PM
so when do the books end and begin? Is it October or November?
They begin as soon as they are printed and sold. For example, you can currently order the new 2007 book. The 2006 book does not end until (I'm pretty sure) the end of Oct. So, if you buy one now you actually get a couple extra months to use it.

Our school is selling them for our first fund raiser this year, so I just had this converstaion with the rep a couple weeks ago.

Shadowcat
08-11-2006, 01:52 PM
FYI, I booked my Best Western Park Place Inn room in May using the Entertainment Book. I never had to show the book or the card (though I brought it just in case).