PDA

View Full Version : Camelot Inn - $82, good deal?

mw9955
08-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Hello all!

For a last minute trip, I booked the Camelot Inn with a voucher from a military base for $82 a night (this Wed-Fri). Is this a good deal? I read some reviews here, but not sure if this is a deal for the 2 queen room. My other option was to stay with relatives in Torrance (far drive though!)....

Thanks!

Malcon10t
08-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Hello all!

For a last minute trip, I booked the Camelot Inn with a voucher from a military base for $82 a night (this Wed-Fri). Is this a good deal? I read some reviews here, but not sure if this is a deal for the 2 queen room. My other option was to stay with relatives in Torrance (far drive though!)....

Thanks!Thats a good deal. The place is close and clean. I would love to get there for $82.

stan4d_steph
08-07-2006, 01:10 PM
I've stayed there before the name change. Comfortable bed, good sized room. I would say that's a good deal. :)

nvmom
08-07-2006, 02:06 PM
We've stayed there too. Our rooms were clean & good sized (2 room suite.) Yes, I'd say $82 is a good rate.

Theresa

darph nader
08-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Same here. We got a 2 room suite for $89.00 last year. Very nice.Pool view of fireworks can't be beat. Of course the overview of Mickey Ds is a little weird,but tolerable.:cool:

JookyG
08-08-2006, 11:20 PM
By comparison, the lowest I've ever seen for a standard (non-suite) room on the "strip" is $85/night, plus taxes, for the Del Sol. I typically stay at the Tropicana, which runs $99/night year-round for a standard. Those are probably AAA rates, since that's what I usually get.

JosieGirl71
08-09-2006, 07:58 AM
Does Camelot Inn have a website or are you booking through a 3rd party (Expedia, Yahoo, etc.)?

Malcon10t
08-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Does Camelot Inn have a website or are you booking through a 3rd party (Expedia, Yahoo, etc.)?www.bei-hotels.com is the website for Camelot and for Tropicana. If they are booking with a military rate, they probably called.

JosieGirl71
08-09-2006, 12:15 PM
www.bei-hotels.com is the website for Camelot and for Tropicana. If they are booking with a military rate, they probably called.
Thanks! Although I would like to know how they got that $82/night rate. Every date I have checked is just over $100/night. :confused:

Malcon10t
08-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks! Although I would like to know how they got that $82/night rate. Every date I have checked is just over $100/night. :confused:They booked with a military voucher. I used to be able to get it for $79-99 a night, but that was before the name/company change.

tigga please
08-09-2006, 02:16 PM
does anyone know if they offer discounts for AP holders?

annieb727
08-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Hojo's offers a good AP discount...http://www.hojoanaheim.com/mousesavers/

Malcon10t
08-09-2006, 03:23 PM
does anyone know if they offer discounts for AP holders?
Nope. They only offer AAA and entertainment when its slow.

BlkPearlCptn
08-10-2006, 10:40 AM
Opps, sorry saw this too late. But last time went to the Camelot Inn and Suites, had to get Travelocity to help us out. When we checked in the rooms were FILTHY and when we pulled back the beds, the sheets where covered with body hair (lower region type hair...ok) and sweaty, stinking UNWASHED sheets and towels with dried..um..body fluids. on them. They refused to bring us clean sheets ("too late, maids have left, but if you want to go try and find some and change them yourselves you are more than welcome to." NO Clean towels (towels were in a wadded up heap on the floor when we checked in..) told there were no more towels availble. And the night manager informed us that "I've got other stuff to do here, so deal with it."

Travelocity was awsome, got us another room immediately. ANd offered us another room at another hotel if needbe. (Can't praise them enough). But, never got a sorry, discount, or anything from the hotel. When we checked out we told them that Travelocity and the night manager told us that we would at least get a partial refund for the problem (It took from about 10 at night to after 2 a.m. to get things straightened out.. but minutes after we called Travelocity) We were told, "Sorry, you get what you get." We filed a formal complaint with the hotel and Travelocity..and will NEVER EVER stay there again. (Shame too, it used to be a nice place).

mrcoffee
08-10-2006, 10:59 AM
A good place for reviews of any hotel is TripAdvisor.com..

Here's the link to the Camelot Inn. (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29092-d225013-Reviews-Anaheim_Camelot_Inn_Suites-Anaheim_California.html)

Most ranked it decent.