PDA

View Full Version : BLAST & other show

mikala
05-04-2002, 08:33 PM
We have never had time or taken time to check out Steps in Time, which I guess we never will now, right?

What is BLAST like? Worth it? Also we have never seen the show featuring Whoopi. The building is beautiful, and we walk by it every time, but never have taken time. Is it good?

Opinions appreciated.

I MISS CIRCLE VISION...& SUBMARINES....BRING BACK SUBMARINES.....

Rallymonkey23
05-04-2002, 09:47 PM
IMO Blast! is a must see everytime I go to DCA.

On the other hand. The Whoopie show is O.K.
But if you really know your history.... then there are no surprises.
Very good for kids cause it teaches them the history of California. All in all...... I think they are both MUST SEE'S at least one time.

MammaSilva
05-04-2002, 10:44 PM
IMHO Blast is actually worth the gate price to DCA, fortunately with park hopper AP's I didn't have to pay that to see the show, but it is awesome, I haven't seen Golden Dreams yet, it just never seems to fit into the schedule when we are there, but if I had to chose I'd see Blast over Golden Dreams if I only have time for one

Uncle Dick
05-04-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by mikala
What is BLAST like? Worth it? Also we have never seen the show featuring Whoopi. The building is beautiful, and we walk by it every time, but never have taken time. Is it good?

The Power of BLAST! is spectacular. It's like music and flags and sticks and humor and pretty colors and ultraviolet lights and hot chicks all wrapped up into one giant production o' death. Miss it at your own risk… :)

Golden Dreams is pretty good up to the ending montage, which is absolutely awful (but you can probably sneak out if you sit on the right side of the theater ;) ). Best of all, it never attracts much of a crowd so you can do other stuff right up until show time (unless you enjoy sitting in the most boring queue known to man).

missnrowdy
05-05-2002, 05:17 AM
I was just at DL for Spring Break. I hate to say that I missed seeing Blast. OUr next trip is not untill Dec. Will Blast still be around? I hope so..........sounds like I missed a good one. BTY, I have to children 8 and 4 will they enjoy the show?

Uncle Dick
05-05-2002, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by missnrowdy
I was just at DL for Spring Break. I hate to say that I missed seeing Blast. OUr next trip is not untill Dec. Will Blast still be around?
The Power of BLAST! was originally scheduled to run through December but some folks are now saying that it'll be gone by Labor Day. Of course, such rumors are unsubstantiated at this point.

MammaSilva
05-05-2002, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by missnrowdy
I was just at DL for Spring Break. I hate to say that I missed seeing Blast. OUr next trip is not untill Dec. Will Blast still be around? I hope so..........sounds like I missed a good one. BTY, I have to children 8 and 4 will they enjoy the show?

OH NO:eek: you missed the best show at both parks with the exception 'maybe' of the Believe fireworks but even that would only be a "tie" with Blast! I 'forced' my nephews 14/16 and niece 9 and my special needs daughter to go watch it with me the first time we saw it, all 4 kids LOVED the show! It was funny to watch them 'schedule' around the showtimes so we could catch it again before we had to come home.....it is loud so if your 4 year old has sound issues it 'might' be too intense, but there were a lot of little ones in both shows we saw and the only ones that seemed to have a problem were really infants and toddlers under age 2ish, keep your fingers crossed that current rumors are unfounded.....

ldsguy
05-09-2002, 09:55 AM
__________________________________________________ _
On the other hand. The Whoopie show is O.K.
But if you really know your history.... then there are no surprises.
Very good for kids cause it teaches them the history of California. All in all...... I think they are both MUST SEE'S at least one time.
__________________________________________________ _

Ok, well, actually if you REALLY know your history, you would know that there are many things that they left out of the Whoopie show, but you can't fit everyhting into a 20 minute show, but they did leave out that the Irish helped build the railroad and many of them were killed as well.....as well as a few other key points in our history.......What can I say? I love California and I know a lot of our history, albeit not all of it.

And yes Blast! is a MUST see.

corrinhorn
05-13-2002, 10:59 PM
I was at DCA on Saturday...and I was happy to see that they put in half of Battery Battle back...I am gonna miss it when it goes in Sept., but maybe they will bring back another when Shockwave gets big...