PDA

View Full Version : Friday 8-4-06... Not a great day at Disneyland

J2TyCo
08-06-2006, 07:33 PM
Friday 8-4-06 was the last day of our end of the summer trip to Disneyland Resort. The 2 days prior had been great...in fact crowds were minimal and waits were short for most everything...we were eve impressed with how not hard it was to get out of the park thurday night after fantasmic while teh fireworks were still going..

fast forward to Friday morning and it seemed everythign was breaking down or staffing was low or the staff that we did encounter was rude....it realy stuck out becasue it was our last afternoon and we were al tryig to have some great memories.

We got stuck on the TRAIN of all places...right by the agrifuture sign and had to listen to and overly involved CM repeat every 15 sconds how it was an unscheduled stop and we needed to keep seated etc.. Im al fr safetl and reminders but this was out of hand. We were stuck for more then 15 minutes there and since it was a place we couldnt just get ff an go somewhre else we HAD to sit there...plus it was right by the railroad crossing signal so we got to also listen to the annoying DING DING DING DING..for 15 minutes...

When we finally pulled into Tomorrow land station the train again was getting a red light and we were told it would be out of comission for for an undetermined amount of time so we could wait or get off. we waited fo 10 minutes (we hav aspecial needs child and stickin to the schedule and routine is essential to keeping tings smoth for us...so we were lettign him watch our video camera and we were happy as bugs.. 15 minutes go by and we are finalyl told to get off. It would have been nice to have been told to get off earlier not hat waitign was an option...

Another thign to note was when we finally pulled into tomorrow land station autopia was empty and they were putting the cars away..so I was guessing some accident had occured and the reason we had beens tuck on the train was so they could clean it all up and us not see it while we drove by...

So autopia was down from 2pm Friday til who knows when

BUzz blasters stopped 4 times on us in one ride and once it was for what had to have been 5 minutes...with buzz blastrs and all the lights etc still goign nuts...Im sure you all will agree 5 minutes stuck on that will drive anyone bonkers..

Pirates broke down as well and was stopped for 25 minutes!!!

Anyways just seemed like a bad bad day for teh park.. good thign it was our last day or it would haev been a sad day as well.
So does anyone know what happeend at autopia??

CmHyperion
08-06-2006, 08:00 PM
We got stuck on the TRAIN of all places...right by the agrifuture sign and had to listen to and overly involved CM repeat every 15 sconds how it was an unscheduled stop and we needed to keep seated etc..

and I'm sure people still tried to exit the train. That was probably the reason the CM kept repeating himself. When people go to Disneyland they almost never use common sense. Anyways, the reason those attractions break down a lot is because there are tons of safety procedures built into the machine (safety procedures designed to make sure the CM is doing his job right). If the CM messes up then the ride automatically stops and the CMs have to re-power up the whole attraction all over again which means they probably have to call facilities out to check the ride off to sure it is safe to operate. Can't do much about it, Disneyland is over paranoid about safety and getting sued.

Malcon10t
08-06-2006, 08:22 PM
We got stuck on the TRAIN of all places...right by the agrifuture sign and had to listen to and overly involved CM repeat every 15 sconds how it was an unscheduled stop and we needed to keep seated etc.. Im al fr safetl and reminders but this was out of hand. We were stuck for more then 15 minutes there and since it was a place we couldnt just get ff an go somewhre else we HAD to sit there...plus it was right by the railroad crossing signal so we got to also listen to the annoying DING DING DING DING..for 15 minutes...
More than likely, when you were stopped near the AgriFuture sign, you were waiting on the parade to cross behind IASW. The CM repeats the instructions to remain seated when people start getting up. If people had remained seated, you woudnt have been hearing the announcement.

nursemelis374
08-07-2006, 07:17 AM
Buzz Lightyear frequently stops when someone with a wheelchair needs to get on, which can take quite some time. I don't think I have ever been on it without it stopping. We actually like when it stops because it means that we are going to get higher scores!

Glad you had 2 good days though!

PS- I normally use word or another program when writing a long report and then copy it into the message. Your post was really hard to read with all the errors.

Malcon10t
08-07-2006, 07:32 AM
BUzz blasters stopped 4 times on us in one ride and once it was for what had to have been 5 minutes...with buzz blastrs and all the lights etc still goign nuts...Im sure you all will agree 5 minutes stuck on that will drive anyone bonkers..
Nurse is right. When Buzz stops briefly, it is generally for someone transfering from a wheelchair to a cart. When it stops for an extended time, it is usually to unload a wheelchair that cant transfer, then load the next one.

When we finally pulled into Tomorrow land station the train again was getting a red light and we were told it would be out of comission for for an undetermined amount of time so we could wait or get off. we waited fo 10 minutes (we hav aspecial needs child and stickin to the schedule and routine is essential to keeping tings smoth for us...so we were lettign him watch our video camera and we were happy as bugs.. 15 minutes go by and we are finalyl told to get off. It would have been nice to have been told to get off earlier not hat waitign was an option...You stated at the beginning the conductor said it would be out of commission for an undetermined time, and you opted to wait. They had hoped to fix the issue. When it was determined it was not going to be repaired (it might have been the train in front of you) you were asked to disembark. They basically did tell you the options early, it was your decision to stay. If they had made you get off, then 5 mins later it was repaired, you would have been upset then also.

quadaunt
08-07-2006, 06:12 PM
When people go to Disneyland they almost never use common sense.CM, I'm getting the feeling you don't think highly of most DL guests. There's a site for you... stupidguesttricks.com ... but you probably are already a regular poster there, am I right?;) I'd say most of the people I see at DL do use common sense and that the few 'bad apples' are what make you cranky. Believe me, I've run into my share of tired, bored CMs snapping at guests when it was not called for, but most CMs are great. So c'mon, lighten up!:)

J2TyCo: I've never had Buzz stop on me and boy, could I use it as my scores are always abyssmal!:rolleyes:

SoCalDude
08-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Are you kidding me? I would LOVE for that to happen to me! My score would be so high that I would use that picture as bragging material for years and years!!

Malcon10t
08-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Are you kidding me? I would LOVE for that to happen to me! My score would be so high that I would use that picture as bragging material for years and years!!
I'll let ya know when we are going to ride again. Last trip, they did allow my daughter to use a regular cart and not the wheelchair cart, but we still have to have the ride stopped as the dog cannot walk on the moving walkway. It stops longer when we get loaded using the wheelchair cart (then they remember to stop to get her out, otherwise we have to remind them to stop the ride so the dog can get off.) Usually, you will get a minute or so of stopped time when we are boarding are disembarking. You can run up your score!!!

J2TyCo
08-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Sorry for typos..if I plan to post long posts again I will think about using a spell checker...I'm not a frequent poster more of a reader so no one shall be burdoned with my bad grammar and typos too frequently.

Anyways even with the good reasons and completely real possiblity that accessibility issues were a factor etc...it doesnt take the sheer "suckiness" of the day out of it. I simply was posting about how while we normally experience the "happiest place on earth" ..on Friday it was more then difficult to "find our happy places"

but you all ARE right my hubby did insist on emailing the buzz blaster ride photo off of that round since his score was sooooooooo HIGH :D

tonytone
08-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Usually, you will get a minute or so of stopped time when we are boarding are disembarking. You can run up your score!!!
Especially if you happened to be stopped right in front of a triangle-shaped target that's just out of range of riders in front/back of your vehicle so that you can have the target all for yourself... ;)