PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever gotten a really great last minute deal?

nvmom
08-06-2006, 04:33 PM
We keep hoping that dh & I will take a trip by ourselves (no kids) for his 35th bday this year. We could be flexible w/the dates, but would like to see the Christmas decorations & parade. We just can't commit right now. We've gotta wait until there's more cash in hand.

Have any of you lucked out and gotten a great last minute deal (not counting the week of Thanksgiving) say between Nov. 18th and Dec. 15th?? A good hotel deal, I guess would be the main thing? Thanks.

nvmom

rosie
08-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Try Priceline. 3* hotels can be had for around $55 a night.

annieb727
08-06-2006, 05:05 PM
not too sure about great rates....but if you find something you can generally make hotel reservations - without getting charged - just using a CC. When we travel, or think we might, we figure out where we'll stay and make reservations...for my September trip - I have reservations for about three different places (but will get to stay at the DLH as long as some of the $$ doesn't fall thru). As soon as i have it all, I will cancel all my other ressies.

rentayenta
08-06-2006, 06:00 PM
We got a really good last minute deal last July for the DLH through Expedia. Sometimes they have a block of rooms open up and go for pretty cheap.

ScrapKat
08-06-2006, 09:55 PM
We got a really good last minute deal last July for the DLH through Expedia. Sometimes they have a block of rooms open up and go for pretty cheap.

What was your great deal and how last minute was it? Thanks in advance!

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
08-06-2006, 11:32 PM
July 17, 2004 paid $140 for DLH (Note the date!) Expedia.

August on a Thursday, got the Hyatt for $39 on Priceline.

Might as well place some bids when the time gets closer. Even though the months were not Nov / Dec, it doesn't get too much busier than the times that I went.

ScrapKat
08-07-2006, 09:47 AM
I wish I could get that rate!! I checked Expedia for the 19th, 20, & 21st (of this month) and the price is $275 (standard room) for each of those nights.

jMom
08-07-2006, 09:57 AM
ScrapKat: The best deals on Expedia open up 1-3 weeks before your actual travel date. Found this hard to believe when I first saw it but have since checked it out and found it can happen. Try this website: http://www.mousesavers.com/dlnondisney.html (very user friendly!)

ScrapKat
08-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Thank you! I will check that out. :)

nvmom
08-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Thanks for you responses. Priceline makes me nervous because I would need to be assured that the hotel was walking distance. We'd fly into SNA & won't do a rental car and would rather not deal with ART.

I'll keep checking Expedia as the months draw closer.

nvmom

ScrapKat
08-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Priceline makes me nervous because I would need to be assured that the hotel was walking distance. ...would rather not deal with ART.
I'm with you on that! I can't risk doing Priceline and getting something in Gargen Grove. I really want something decent that's within close walking distance for check-in on Aug 19th and check-out on the 22nd. Right now, Expedia is showing the Tropicana at $98/night and that's looking like the best I can get. I'm really pleased about getting the HoJo Entertainment $49 rate for the 13th-19th.

rentayenta
08-07-2006, 04:23 PM
What was your great deal and how last minute was it? Thanks in advance!

It was July 2005 and the deal came out about 4 days before. We got the DLH for $119. :D

MrsG
08-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Got the Grand Calif. for $129 a night once. It was off season, but still....

kkmickey
08-08-2006, 09:38 AM
About two weeks prior I got the Hyatt for July 31-Aug 3 for
$50/nt. It is in Garden Grove officially, but if you are familiar with the area, it's just down by Target. Too far to walk for me, but the shuttle is GREAT, and it only goes to one other hotel. It was always on time, and the drivers were great. I love to stay on site, but it wasn't in the budget for this last-minute trip, so this hotel was great. Beautiful atrium, Starbucks and Pizza Hut in the lobby, what more could you ask for?

I thought it took less time to get there than walking from our far-end room at Paradise Pier!

kkmickey

nvmom
08-08-2006, 12:19 PM
I am not that familier w/the area, but I'll remember that about the Hyatt. Shoot, might be worth it just for Starbucks! :)

nvmom