PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get to Disneyland from Buena Park?

annieb727
08-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Hey there...in September I'm staying at the DL hotel from the 11th-17th. HOWEVER, I needed a place on the 10th, so I went ahead and used priceline - I got the Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel for $50. So I am wondering what the best way is to get from there to DL?

I will only have to get there twice and back once...but cheaper the better.

Darkbeer
08-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Hey there...in September I'm staying at the DL hotel from the 11th-17th. HOWEVER, I needed a place on the 10th, so I went ahead and used priceline - I got the Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel for $50. So I am wondering what the best way is to get from there to DL?

I will only have to get there twice and back once...but cheaper the better.

My first choice would be a rental car, but it doesn't sound like you will have one....

Second, check with your hotel and see if they have a shuttle.

If not, the cheapest way is to use the LA Metro bus, route 460. It goes from the downtown LA area, and stops at Knott's on it's way to the Disneyland Resort (last stop), more info can be found at www.mta.net (http://www.mta.net).

A Taxi should be less than $20 one way.

If driving, you have two main choices, freeway or city streets, they are both about the same...

For the freeway, head north on Beach Blvd to the 91 east, take that one exit to the 5 south, and get off at Disneyland Drive.

City streets, South on Beach to Ball Road, make a left to Disneyland Drive, and a right to parking.

annieb727
08-06-2006, 04:48 PM
thanks darkbeer...i just called and they DO have a complimentary shuttle to DL. I just assumed they didn't since their website said they had complimentary shuttle to area attractions within 3 miles and DL is closer to 7 miles. That's what I get for assuming :rolleyes:

yeah...i didn't think a rental car would be necessary since the rest of the time I'll be at the DL hotel

Thanks!!