PDA

View Full Version : Is Disneyland insanely crowded, people are rude, and the Pirates line long?

HelloMikey
08-06-2006, 12:01 PM
Hi,
I am going to Disneyland next week all the way from Seattle, last time I was there it was 2000, of course it was crowded then, but I read on the internet that in April and June and July it reached its capacity and people couldn't even walk. I also read pirates of the Caribbean line was like 4 hours or more and that people are rude and push and shove. And that stroller Nazis are everywhere.

Can someone please tell me if there is any truth to this and if it is crowded like this in August. And any other Disneyland tips because its been a while. Thanks!:D

MammaSilva
08-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Every single word is the gospel truth...it's crowded, hot, people are rude, stroller nazis wear special armbands...save yourself....stay home...:rolleyes:

DisneyDustin22
08-06-2006, 12:11 PM
I was there last week. Crowded? Yes. Tolerable? Yes. You just have to know what to avoid at certain times of the day if you want to stay away from large crowds. We had a party of 8 people. Did Pirates 4 times during the day and never waited longer than 15 minutes. All 4 times too the line was strecthed to the River Belle Terrace. It moves quickly. You will always find rude people, but most of these horror stories you have been hearing were due largely in part to the 100+ degree heat we had here for 20+ days straight. I don't think anybody who spends a 14 hour day outside at a theme park when it's 100 degrees out will be very happy come end of the day, Disneyland or not. Just don't decide at 8:50pm to walk from Pooh to the Ice Cream shop on Main Street and expect to get there in a smooth fashion. ;) You should be fine though.

Iwannabeaprincess
08-06-2006, 12:24 PM
I agree that it will be crowded but tolerable, especially if the weather is agreeable. My family was there for 8 days in late June. Given that this is peak season and summer, we expected it to be hot and crowded. We had several days of temps in the upper 90s so that tends to make people more cranky than usual.

Use fastpasses wisely so that you can enjoy the rides with the longest lines with minimal wait time.

As far as POTC, the 4 hour lines you heard about were on the day the ride reopened (I was there). Even when the lines are long for this ride, it loads quickly so you are always moving forward. The longest we waited (after the inital re-opening) was about 25 minutes. If you wait until late evening you can usually get on with maybe a 5min. wait.

geoffa
08-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Every single word is the gospel truth...it's crowded, hot, people are rude, stroller nazis wear special armbands...save yourself....stay home...:rolleyes:
Mamma Silva - best laugh I've had all day. Such sanity in your words!:)

wardkimballfan
08-06-2006, 09:38 PM
What are "stroller Nazis"? Do they goosestep when they push strollers?

RStar
08-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Today (Sunday) the crowds were weekend average, and the line for POTC was 40 minutes (at 1:00).

I Heart Disneyland!
08-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Mamma Silva - best laugh I've had all day. Such sanity in your words!:)

She's a wise, wise woman, that Mamma!!! :) I got a good chuckle too!

cstephens
08-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Today (Sunday) the crowds were weekend average, and the line for POTC was 40 minutes (at 1:00).

We got in line for Pirates today at about 2:30 or so, and the wait time was about 25 minutes. The wait time was much short for the family who decided they were more important than everyone else and cut in line behind us in front of a whole line of people...

Another Dimension
08-07-2006, 12:16 AM
The wait time was much short for the family who decided they were more important than everyone else and cut in line behind us in front of a whole line of people...

Oh, that was just the "Cuts" family.
Mr. and Mrs. Cuts and their kids, rude little boy and bratty little girl Cuts.

I see them, and am passed by them in lines, all the time!

They think they are VIPs.
If someone mentions their lack of VIP credentials or their rudeness to them, they simply stare at you open-mouthed and blankly ... like a deer caught in a cars headlights. :eek:

mkraemer
08-07-2006, 07:01 AM
Oh, that was just the "Cuts" family.
Mr. and Mrs. Cuts and their kids, rude little boy and bratty little girl Cuts.

I see them, and am passed by them in lines, all the time!

They think they are VIPs.
If someone mentions their lack of VIP credentials or their rudeness to them, they simply stare at you open-mouthed and blankly ... like a deer caught in a cars headlights. :eek:

...and then they proceed right on!

I *know* those people! They are 'entitled' to do whatever it is they want. They have something 'special' that the rest of us don't.

And then, at the end of their trip, they go home and brag about how they do all that. I've heard the stories...unbelievable.

Omnitographer
08-07-2006, 07:09 AM
Reading here, i get the feeling Im missing a lot of rudeness when I go to the park, simply for the fact that I probably look like I could crush anyone who cut in front of or was otherwise rude to me...

Bolivar
08-07-2006, 08:33 AM
A while back someone posted a link to a page that had statistics for average crowd size. Anyone know where to find that page?