PDA

View Full Version : Best Restaurant in Downtown Disney

mikala
05-04-2002, 08:26 PM
I am full of questions this weekend...when we come for Mouse Adventures we will plan our normal delicious dinners. But there is 2 restaurants we have never been to, and since my sister and brother in law are also coming we would like to take them to one while on our 4 day journey.

Choices are:

Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen or Catal's

They are both young adults (24 y.o.) like us, and love new restaurants and food. We are not concerned with pricing, just a great experience.

We normally never ever ever miss at least one trip to ESPN Zone/Hooke's Pointe (Love the Salmon), and Blue Bayou.

Thanks for the advice.

Iceman
05-05-2002, 10:38 AM
I will admit up front that I have not eaten at Catal's, but I have had three wonderful experiences at Ralph Brennan's. The food is delicious, their wine list and specialty drink selection is impressive, yet the best part is the tremendous service. Given what you said about being young adults who care more about a great meal than the price (putting you in the same category as my wife and I), I would wholeheartedly recommend the Jazz Kitchen.

Hyperboy
05-05-2002, 03:30 PM
I have eaten at both, and while both are good, I would also recommend the Jazz Kitchen, especially if you are a fan of spicy New Orleans style dishes. Their gumbo is delicious!!! Be sure to have a hurricane to drink! I've also had their bread pudding, which is to die for.

The Jazz Kitchen also has a non table service area where they serve Po-boys (turkey is the best), gumbo, benigets (sp.?), as well as other items. But I love to get those three things and split it between two people (for a more filling/cheaper/better quality lunch than anything inside Disneyland).

At Catal, I usually get a few martinis and a friend and I will split various tapas (appetizer size portion of various dishes from around the world). This can also be lots of fun because you get to try lots of little things. (I've only eaten at the outside area, not the inside upstairs... not sure if they serve exactly the same things). The food I've had there is good too! (spanikopita, escargots, calimari, pita and hummus, etc.)

But if you're going to blow a small chunk of change on dinner, I'd recommend the Jazz Kitchen over anything else in downtown disney!

mikala
05-05-2002, 04:29 PM
Thanks so much for the great opinions. There is nothing better when getting recommendations to find someone who loved it so much.

cstephens
05-05-2002, 08:56 PM
My favorites are Catal and Napa Rose. I've got some reviews posted of those restaurants and a few others. If you're interested, go to http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrdining.html.

/cs

The 3-year-old has a bigger monitor than me.