PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report with a Happily Ever After! (July 13-23, 2006)

Pages : [1] 2

Squeaky
08-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Our trip (July 13-23) was AMAZING! We got to do everything in DL two or three times, everything in CA a few times, went to our very first MP meet (hooray!!) and our best friend came to visit for the last three days of the trip! Nothing could be better, right? wellll......

We're engaged!!!! :D

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v13/starkid18203/?action=view&current=love.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch2

The Proposal!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/starkid18203/IMG_5743sm.jpg

My ring!

for more pictures and other goodies visit www.myspace.com/starkid18203

Read on, friends!
WARNING: it's a reallly long story, but definately worth reading, and you'll need some tissues! lol

Sean and I just went to Disneyland for 10 days. It was an awesome trip; we got to do everything we wanted to do! Our best friend, Jonathan, came up on Friday, the 7th day, to spend 3 days with us, and 2 days with his parents who were coming up on Sunday to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. Sean, John and I went out on Sunday morning, and Jonathan was supposed to meet his parents at 6:30 to go to dinner. At 2:30 they called and said he had an hour to be at their hotel for dinner. Sean and John decided that they wanted to go ride Tower of Terror one last time (since it was our last day, and Jonathan wouldn't be back with us until past 9). Since I do not like ToT, I went to the Animation building to draw Disney characters at the Animation Academy. (During our trip, I'd dragged first just Sean, then Sean and John to about 17 animation classes/shows since I'm not half bad at drawing Disney characters and because it's so much fun!!) I asked them to text me with the wait time, so I could see how many animation classes I could take. They text me and said the wait was not long at all, and that they'd be back pretty soon. An hour later, I text them and asked if they were done yet, that it's been a pretty long time since they left. I received a text message saying "We're all done, but I have a surprise waiting for you at the Main Street lockers." Then next text had a locker number and a combination. I left California Adventure, ran across the esplanade, and into Disneyland. Inside the locker, I found a cream colored envelope, about 3 inches across, sealed with a red double heart wax seal, with a chocolate rose laying across it. I immediately started to cry, since I had an idea of what was going on. I opened the note, and written inside of a small cream note card, said "Good evening, pixie! For your next surprise, go to the lockers at California Adventure." and included was the print out of my locker combination and number. I left Disneyland, ran back across the esplanade and back into California Adventure. In the locker, I found the next clue, another card and rose. This card said, "Great work, my love! Now, flutter back over to the land, but stop at the lockers outside the magic first." with another locker combo included. So, I ran back across the esplanade, to the next locker, and found the same, a card and rose. Inside this card said "Oops! A clumsy Tigger lost your next surprise. Better go over to Lost and Found to find it!" I ran across the esplanade AGAIN!! (oh, it was over 100 degrees today, too lol) to Lost and Found. I handed the card to the girl, and said, "Do you have something for me?" The girl's eyes got big, and she said, "Wait here. I'll be right back." She returned a few minutes later with 5 other Hostesses and a bag with my name on it. They asked for ID, then handed me the bag and screamed "OPEN IT!!!! WE'RE SO EXCITED!!!" I opened it to find another rose and card, this one saying, "Well, you must realize now that these surprises aren't very surprising. Well, this one is different. Go to the secret bathroom to find your next clue. Hint: You may have to "sink" down to find it." I said, "Well girls, I'm going back to Disneyland!!" and then explained my adventure further. They asked me to come back afterwards to tell them the outcome. :D I ran back over to DL, and into the Secret bathroom (a tucked away in a corner bathroom in Carnation Gardens that isn't locate-able unless you already know it's there) and found, taped to the wall, another note card with a color changer marker taped to the outside. After about 3 minutes of fumbling around with the marker, I finally realized the cap was taped on (that stinker!!! lol) and took the tape off. Then note card said, "Good work my love! For your next clue, you'll need to use a little bit of pixie dust and that special marker you have." I scribbled allllll over the card, and finally found the word "SPOT," meaning go to our special spot (Carnation Gardens, just to the left of the castle.) I went out, looked out, and couldn't find Sean. Since I was exhausted, I sat down and took a breath. About 5 minutes later, Sean came out from behind the castle (from the Princess shop) and came over to me. I immediately hopped up and gave him a hug and a kiss, and he asked me to sit down. He handed me a water bottle, and said "I'm sorry I made you run all over the place. Drink this, you'll feel better!" I downed half the bottle, and then put it down. He put his back pack down on the ground, got to his one knee then began....

"Nicki, I've loved you for my entire life, ever since we met when we were little kids. I've know for the last 3 years that you are the one I'm going to marry and spend the rest of my life with." He then reached into the bag, pulled out a small black box, flipped it open and asked,
"Will you marry me?"

I sat up straight, as my brain was chanting "YES YES YES YES!!!!" but my mouth was not making the connection. I lunged up and out of my chair screaming "YES!!!!" just as he jumped up and caught me. We kissed and kissed, and the ring got to my finger, and as I admired it's shiny-ness (lol) I realized our best friend John was clicking pictures like he was paparazzi! John said, "Let me see!!!" and took a few pictures, then put the camera down and looked at Sean. He held out his own hands and said, "Man, I don't know how nervous you are, but look at me!! I'm shaking so badly, and I'm not even the one proposing!! I'm glad you have Image Stabilization on this thing, or these pictures would be horrible!!" We all sat down at the table, all three of us with tears in our eyes, and the guys began to unfold their plan. Sean said that he'd been researching the ring for about 8 months, and then found it and had it in John's gun safe for the last 6 months. The explained to me how they tried to implement the plan the day before (when theyd "gone to the tower of terror" lol) but bag check would not take the package ("must be Disney merchandise only!!") so they had to abandon the plan. They also told me how John had been chasing me around during the treasure hunt taking pictures of me, how I raced past the parade but he got stuck behind it, and how I almost saw him once, so he did some Navy SEAL style stunts and dove behind a bush so I couldnt see him, then continued to take pics of our meeting from afar. We checked back with the Lost and Found ladies and told them the story. We were all in need of a rest, so we took John to his parents hotel, and then I began calling my family as we went back to the park. We parked in the Timon parking lot, sat in the car (and the AC!!) and decided what to do next. I told home I'd wanted Minnie Mouse wedding ears for myself, and Mickey Mouse top hat for him. :D We went to get our ears, put them on, then I remembered the brick we'd decided to buy (the personalized bricks in the esplanade called the "Walk of Magical Memories"). Sean had been saying all wee that we should wraith until the end of the week to buy it, just in case we didn't have the money for it and if we did, what we wanted to have on it. He then said, "Remember I said we should wait? Can you guess why?" He plannedto put or engagement date on it!! I got very excited, then we skipped over to City Hall to order our brick, inscribed with "Sean Williamson, Nicki Foreman, July 23, 2006" and a 50th anniversary medallion on the top. Next I told Sean I wanted to go to the bridge to the left of the castle and take pictures with our ears on. We found a photographer, took some pictures, and then Cinderella walked up and asked what the occasion was. I exclaimed, "We just got engaged, Cinderella!!!" She was very excited, and then her handler exclaimed, "Well, you can't leave without taking a picture with Cinderella!!!" We took our pictures, watched by some very angry parents, angry because we got to cut in line lol. We went to sit at our spot, made a celebratory dinner reservation at Cafe Orleans, and then strolled the park. It was a wonderful day and a beautiful evening. We later picked up our pics, had our dinner (while receiving congratulations from many, many, many guests and cast members) and finished our shopping. We next met up with John to see the park at night, then, finished our trip with some sweets from Pooh Corner and jumped in the car to go home and end a perfect trip. :)

I Heart Disneyland!
08-06-2006, 10:53 AM
THAT is an amazing and beautiful story! What a lucky couple you are and what a thoughtful fiance you have, to plan out this elaborate event for you!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leap for Joy
08-06-2006, 10:59 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
I just read this whole story out loud to my husband. This is one of my favorite proposal stories EVER!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thank you for sharing! I can't stop smiling!!

doombuggy driver
08-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Congrats!!!

It is the Happiest place on Earth!:)

tmptink
08-06-2006, 11:27 AM
Congrats!!! That was beautiful story.

MammaSilva
08-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Awwww that is soooo awesome, and the scrapbooker here is going GOOD JOB on the stealth picture taking to go with the awesome story!

Squeaky
08-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Awwww that is soooo awesome, and the scrapbooker here is going GOOD JOB on the stealth picture taking to go with the awesome story!
LOL I told my friend when I saw the pictures, "that's going to make an AWESOME layout!!!!!" LOL

thank you for all your congrats friends!! :D

annieb727
08-06-2006, 11:48 AM
CONGRATS!!! That's an incredible story! And yay too about the great pics -- I only wish I had pictures of my proposal...though I did go back to the spot a few years later (after I started scrapbooking LOL) and took pictures of the place.

I'm so happy for you!!! :D

Squeaky
08-06-2006, 06:51 PM
thank you guys.. you're all awesome!

I Heart Disneyland!
08-06-2006, 07:00 PM
thank you guys.. you're all awesome!

I can't see the MySpace photos because I don't have a MS account. Can we see some here?? :) :)

sierranevada
08-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Awww.. that was so wonderful!! You have got a great guy! Wishing you happiness always!

Maybe a call to DLR Fairy Tale Weddings department is in order! :D

THpoohbear
08-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Very Happy Congratulation Wishes Sent Your Way!!! How exciting! and Fun!

adriennek
08-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Ahhh, you got engaged on my wedding anniversary ;)

Congratulations! (And I even saw me live and in person and not at MA just a few days earlier. You forgot that other really thrilling and exciting part of your trip.)

Adrienne

ScrapKat
08-06-2006, 10:10 PM
That is such a great proposal!! Thanks for sharing that with us. And congrats to you both!!!

P.S. Love hearing the scrapbooking talk since I'm a rabid scrapper myself. ;)

Tinkermommy
08-06-2006, 10:21 PM
That is so sweet!! Congratulations to you both!

stagemomx3
08-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Congratulations and best wishes to both of you! What a sweet story, thanks for sharing!

Squeaky
08-07-2006, 07:51 AM
Maybe a call to DLR Fairy Tale Weddings department is in order! :D
lol believe me, I've tried... they don't have the option of 2009 on the site yet, so I guess hey only do them 2 years in advance... I'll be calling January 1, 2007 though!!! :D

Janine, I'll post the piccys today when I get home from work :) I forgot about the MS member thing... grrr lol oh well, more pics to come! :D

<3 you guys!
*Nicki*

quadaunt
08-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Congrats and best wishes to you both!:~D I was at the DLR on 7/17, 7/19 and 7/20 so who knows, perhaps we crossed paths and didn't know it. I love treasure hunts...and yours had such a fun ending!

coronado_g
08-07-2006, 09:13 PM
What a great trip report! Thanks for sharing the wonderful details of your very special DL trip!

I Heart Disneyland!
08-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Janine, I'll post the piccys today when I get home from work :) I forgot about the MS member thing... grrr lol oh well, more pics to come! :D

<3 you guys!
*Nicki*

Yay pictures!!!! :) :)

rentayenta
08-08-2006, 04:21 AM
Wow and congratulations! Very cool read! :)

disney lady
08-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Any pics of your trip to El Captain Theater?

KimmyPooh
08-08-2006, 09:11 AM
Congratulations! When you were reading your clues and going from place to place did you think that it would lead to a proposal at the end? Or were you completely clueless and it was just a big surprise? :)

Squeaky
08-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Yay pictures!!!! :) :)

Sorry I haven't posted the pics yet... I had food poisoning <aack!> the last two days, and now I'm looking for the disk with the pics, but I have to go to work. I'll do my best to post tonight! Oh, and DisneyLady, I'll be posting the El Cap pics too! :D

<3 you guys!!
Nicki

LOYL2DZNY
08-09-2006, 08:42 AM
I, too, don't have my space access...can't wait to see those pics! Congrats! That is so exciting!