PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Bride

Pages : [1] 2

doombuggy driver
08-05-2006, 09:11 PM
What do you think they will do with the Bride in the HM attic scene when it becomes HMH?

I think they should make her into Sally. They have a large AA Jack as Santa, why not have her as well!

Bizarro Joker
08-06-2006, 04:50 AM
Though not confirmed yet, most trusted information sources report that Haunted Mansion Holiday(at least with The Nightmear Before Christmas characters)will not happen this year at Disneyland and may not be back for at least three years. nothing is offical yet, but we will find out very quickly if this is the case(as it takes a while to start seting up the cahnges to the mansion).

infinite
08-06-2006, 05:51 AM
The information on the Disneyland website shows it closing in September for the Holiday overlay. It may not be Nightmare Before Christmas, but they are doing something.

MammaSilva
08-06-2006, 06:07 AM
I love it when folks have "most trusted sources" but the layover is already on the schedule :rolleyes:

In years past they've not changed the bride into a NBC character, I'd doubt they would this time but it's Disney and all things subject to change without notice is the mantra.

doombuggy driver
08-06-2006, 06:26 AM
Though not confirmed yet, most trusted information sources report that Haunted Mansion Holiday(at least with The Nightmear Before Christmas characters)will not happen this year at Disneyland and may not be back for at least three years. nothing is offical yet, but we will find out very quickly if this is the case(as it takes a while to start seting up the cahnges to the mansion).
It is changing for sure! Like Mama Silva said the Disneyland official website has it closed for the month of September.

I know they usually take the bride out, but if they didn't what would you want her to be?

JookyG
08-06-2006, 08:15 AM
LOL, I always love hearing what the "trusted sources" think are going to happen in the Disney parks.

DwoernAdale
08-06-2006, 11:12 AM
I wish they would get rid of her entirely. I cant stand her. The effect is cool and all, but she looks like the zany neighbor from a 70's sitcom. She totaly destroys the creep factor the attic used to have imho.

doombuggy driver
08-06-2006, 11:17 AM
I wish they would get rid of her entirely. I cant stand her. The effect is cool and all, but she looks like the zany neighbor from a 70's sitcom. She totaly destroys the creep factor the attic used to have imho.

:crying:

Cnjp
08-06-2006, 03:55 PM
I wish they would get rid of her entirely.

My wife and I don't care for her much either.

Omnitographer
08-07-2006, 12:27 AM
I think the biggest mistake disney did was not doing everything possible to get the rights to Corpse Bride. it would have worked great as an alternative layover to NBC.

Another Dimension
08-07-2006, 12:28 AM
She's a (very) desperate housewife. Synergy lives!

Leave the poor, (extremely rich) misunderstood, (hauntingly) interesting, yet (very) crazy, woman alone!

The visual effect really has improved greatly since she debuted, IMO.

The old attic story and stiff visual FX ... completely pale in comparison to
HM '06. The phantom piano player hasn't looked this good in years!
The headless portraits look awesome...

....and the ecto-plasmic etch-a-sketch is back in the Seance Room, and better than ever!

cstephens
08-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Though not confirmed yet, most trusted information sources report that Haunted Mansion Holiday(at least with The Nightmear Before Christmas characters)will not happen this year at Disneyland.

I guess even this OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE DISNEY WEBSITE (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/dlmansionevent.html) didn't deter people from continuing to perpetuate the completely untrue demise of HMH.

Someone needs way better sources...

annieb727
08-07-2006, 09:32 AM
I guess even this OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE DISNEY WEBSITE (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/dlmansionevent.html) didn't deter people from continuing to perpetuate the completely untrue demise of HMH.

Someone needs way better sources...

I actually find this announcement kind of confusing
"..so there's not a "ghost" of a chance that we will be hosting a Haunted Mansion Holiday event this year." if you say something like "there's not a chance" of this happening...it means it's NOT.

Then: "...hope that you will visit them at the Haunted Mansion Holiday attraction during the upcoming holiday season." Tells me it IS happening.

Confusing! :confused:

evrythngwmn
08-07-2006, 09:41 AM
"..so there's not a "ghost" of a chance that we will be hosting a Haunted Mansion Holiday event this year." if you say something like "there's not a chance" of this happening...it means it's NOT.

Then: "...hope that you will visit them at the Haunted Mansion Holiday attraction during the upcoming holiday season." Tells me it IS happening.

There will not be a HMH merchandise event. There will be Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay to the attraction.

Andrew
08-07-2006, 09:42 AM

There will not be a Haunted Mansion Holiday event; i.e. a hard-ticket after-hours merchandise event. The Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay itself will be installed as it has been for the past several years.

jMom
08-07-2006, 09:50 AM
What evrythngwmn said: no event, yes overlay, according to DL site message.

Am so excited! Last year I finally made it to the park for the overlay, but I could not, in good conscience, take my extremely sensitive 3-yo daughter on it. This year I'll make it for the overlay while attending a conference at the DLH!!!! And I have my AP. Whoot!

evrythngwmn
08-07-2006, 09:57 AM
What evrythngwmn said: no event, yes overlay, according to DL site message.

Am so excited! Last year I finally made it to the park for the overlay, but I could not, in good conscience, take my extremely sensitive 3-yo daughter on it. This year I'll make it for the overlay while attending a conference at the DLH!!!! And I have my AP. Whoot!

It's funny but for the longest time my niece would only ride when it had the holiday overlay. She liked NBC and it wasn't scary to her but regular mansion was. I'd say it's only been in the last maybe two years, since she's been 6/7 that she's been ok with going on the regular Mansion ride.

Jon Vincible
08-07-2006, 01:06 PM
I liked the new bride very much. The old one was, well, dated. The new one is spectacularly creepy.

annieb727
08-07-2006, 04:13 PM
There will not be a HMH merchandise event. There will be Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay to the attraction.

ah...ok...confused no more! :)

J2TyCo
08-07-2006, 11:25 PM
I was confused with the "not a ghost of a chance" part as well!

THNX for the clarification

man you buffs on here KNOW your stuff!

annieb727
08-08-2006, 07:15 AM
I was confused with the "not a ghost of a chance" part as well!

It's nice to know I wasn't the only one. :p

blusilva
08-08-2006, 07:31 AM
Considering that after all these years, Jack's holiday vision is still "unlike no other", I'm not surprised with the confusing use of negatives in the promotional materials.

potzbie
08-08-2006, 08:25 AM
She's a (very) desperate housewife.
Leave the poor, (extremely rich) misunderstood, (hauntingly) interesting, yet (very) crazy, woman alone!

... say ...
Isn't this topic covered elsewhere?
The PETER PAN ride, where the little old lady is the last rider, every night?
:)
How many crazy ladies are we talkin', here?
Are we supposed to leave all the crazy ladies alone?
There's a crazy lady atop SNOW WHITE'S SCARY ADVENTURES, who plays peek-a-boo through the curtain, every 30 seconds.
Shall we "out" her, too?
Can I bother at least one crazy lady?
Can I? Huh? Can I? Huh? Can I? Can I? Can I?

MadasaHatter
08-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Hey gang,

Last year when we were there in October, a CM told us that there was "nothing new in the NBC Haunted Mansion as Disney spent too much money on the 50th Celebration and that each year they added or changed something and she assured us that there would be something new THIS year". She was very sweet and just up and offered us all of this information. She must have thought that we were hardcore....and I guess we kind of are.... I have seen the NBC quite a bit as we usually go in OCTOBER but was unaware of this. So maybe we will see Sally or something else.

Oh and by the by....I love the new bride. She rocks. Love the piano player too.

kkmickey
08-08-2006, 09:45 AM
I had not read that there was anything new in the Haunted Mansion, so I was pleasantly surprised. I thought the bride added a storyline, and that the old attic scene was more 'fun house' effects than in line with the ride. Just my opinion.

And for my vote, HMH is awesome - saw it for the first time last year, and thought it was amazing and fun!