PDA

View Full Version : Access to other pools?

Zigen
08-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Quick Question:

If I stay at DLH, can I use the pool at PP or GCH?

infinite
08-05-2006, 02:42 PM
I was told that we could, but my room key never worked at any pool other than the one we were staying at. It might need to be activated, I am not sure. I have tried th DLH pool while staying at the GCH, and the GCH pool while staying at the DLH

backsthepack
08-05-2006, 02:48 PM
When we stayed at the PP we were told we could use the DLH pool but not the GCH pool. If you are at the DLH you can use the PP, but again, not the GCH pool.

stan4d_steph
08-06-2006, 05:18 PM
The only time pool hopping is allowed is when your own hotel pool is being worked on.

joeysmommy
08-06-2006, 10:56 PM
I called DLH and asked if PP guests could use the DLH pool and was told "no".
That was my deciding factor of choosing hotels.
I've heard that people just wait for a DLH guest to swipe their key and they sneak in behind them.
I just wanted to experience the DLH with my kids since it's their first trip to DL.

Opus1guy
08-07-2006, 08:05 AM
Here's the policy:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/help/detail?name=ResortHotelsFAQDetailPage

Which basically means that PPH and DLH services and facilities are interchangeable, and you can pool-hop between those two. But PPH and DLH Guests are not supposed to be able to use the GCH's pool.

And while many Cast Members at these hotels know this policy and enforce it, many do not or give out the wrong info.

annieb727
08-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Here's the policy:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/help/detail?name=ResortHotelsFAQDetailPage

Which basically means that PPH and DLH services and facilities are interchangeable, and you can pool-hop between those two. But PPH and DLH Guests are not supposed to be able to use the GCH's pool.

And while many Cast Members at these hotels know this policy and enforce it, many do not or give out the wrong info.

thanks for that information - i might just print it out before i go - that way if i WANT to utilize PP pool, and they tell me no, I can SHOW them their policy LOL :p

hlbtimes2
08-07-2006, 01:19 PM
I think there is a difference between "service" and swimming pool.

When we stayed there (PP) last Oct. we were told we could not use the other pools. We asked more then one person, and were told no. We were staying in a conc. room. The conc. host told us if we really wanted to use the DLH pool she could try to arrange it. It wasn't worth the trouble, because we were so busy. On our last day, we got a note slipped under our door. It stated the PP pool was closed for repairs, and if we wanted to swim we could use the DLH pool.

They used to allow pool hopping. But once they put in the new slide at PP they did away with that, and went to the current "only during repairs" policy.

backsthepack
08-07-2006, 01:23 PM
We truly had no problem using the DLH pool while staying at PP.