PDA

View Full Version : Quick trip report 7/31-8/2

kkmickey
08-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Just got back from a quick run down to Disneyland (drove the 16 hours, this time!).
The weather all three days was overcast in the mornings, cleared in the afternoon, and hot and muggy most of the day. Bearable.
Mon - early entry day, crowds were ok until about 3-4, then things got really busy. Fireworks were cancelled due to winds.
Tues - about the same, fireworks cancelled again.
Wed - cooler, cloudier, and MUCH MORE CROWDED> I don't know what convention was in town or what special they were running that day, but YIKES! Thankfully, the fireworks were not cancelled, as this was our last day and they had been cancelled each day we were there in November.

Got in line for Pirates first thing every morning, never waited more than 15 minutes. The lines were VERY long (1 hour+ was reported) by noon each day. I loved the new additions. I think it was just the right amount, enough to notice, but not too much to change the feel of the ride. IMO.

Utilized fast pass each day, this visit just had regular fast pass (not the AAA enhanced fast pass) and even with the summer crowds, we got to ride on everything we wanted each day.

Spent the first couple hours at Disneyland, then headed over to DCA at 10 to take advantage of shorter lines, get fastpasses, then back to Disneyland.

Also utilized the single rider passes at Splash Mtn and many of the rides at DCA. My teen boys were SO excited to find this time-saver! It really made the trip more enjoyable.

Mostly, I was SO excited that my boys and my husband were able to see Remember. I had seen it in March from the train station, but it was even better down front with my
family. They thought it was excellent, and I agree!

Oh, I love Disneyland!

silly'olbear
08-05-2006, 07:00 AM
Sounds like you had a good time! I leave Friday and we're driving down from Everett, WA. Can't wait!!

disneyhound
08-05-2006, 08:32 AM
16 hour drive, oohh my! I must be gettin old! I hate driving even 3 hours! I think after reading all the trip reports of people driving long distances, if only I could take a 16 hour drive, how many more times we could enjoy DL! But if I can't fly, and get there in a couple hours, I pass. "And you call yourself a Disney Fan." Yes, I know...

Sounds like you had a fun time!