PDA

View Full Version : $49 rate at HoJo! Also questions about other close-by hotels for low rates

Pages : [1] 2

ScrapKat
08-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Great news! I got the $49 Entertainment Book rate at the HoJo for Aug 13-19 (Willie wasn't available but Katrina helped me out). I got a room in Bldg 1 with two queens (need the queens over the doubles). But the rate for the 20th is $119 and the rate for the 21-22nd is $134. We want to stay until the 22nd and maybe even later so now I'm trying to find a close hotel on S. Harbor. But it seems everything is over $100!

Would love some tips on getting a close-to-the-entrance hotel for around $70-ish for the 19th on. Don't want to risk Priceline and get something that's not within walking distance (we have kids and the HoJo walking distance will be a stretch as it is and don't want to miss with ART, but I couldn't turn down that awesome $49 price).

Thanks in advance for your help!

ScrapKat
08-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Oy. I may have to give up. I can't find anything under $100 on S. Harbor close to the entrance on the 19th and after. I've been going to the hotels' sites and checking their rates there.

If anyone knows how to get rates lower than these, I'd love to know! Thanks!

mowsluver
08-04-2006, 05:50 PM
There is a Super8 on DL Drive for $69 for those nights. Have never stayed there and am not sure how far the walk is....for the price, might be worth getting the room and a txi or shuttle....

Malcon10t
08-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Oy. I may have to give up. I can't find anything under $100 on S. Harbor close to the entrance on the 19th and after. I've been going to the hotels' sites and checking their rates there.

If anyone knows how to get rates lower than these, I'd love to know! Thanks!
Desert Inn (www.anaheimdesertinn) is $119 on the 19th and $99 after that. The Anaheim Plaza (www.anaheimplazahotel.com)about same distance as Hojos is $89 on the 19th and $70 after that. The Del Sol Inn (www.delsolinn.com) is $83 a night average. Park Vue inn (www.parkvueinn.com) has rooms from $106. The Hilton has rooms from $89, $80 if you prepay.

backsthepack
08-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Don't stay at the Super 8 on Disney Dr. That place is the worst. We stayed there in Dec/Jan. Long walk and the place is a disaster.

We were able to get a room at the Carousel Inn directly through their site for $89 per night.

momuvseven
08-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Yesterday the Homewood had rooms for $98.10 a night for those dates. It is in Garden Grove so you have to drive or shuttle BUT it has a great pool, breakfast and dinner included. Rooms are two room suites with kitchen.

ScrapKat
08-04-2006, 11:28 PM
I've heard horrible things about the Desert Inn, plus that's still over budget, as is Park Vue.

Thanks for the input about the Super 8. That's too far anyway.

I think the Hilton is too far... further than Hojo (?) which is already further than we want to be. Which makes something in another city (Homewood/Garden Grove) totally out, lol.

The Carousel (according to it's site) is sold out for those nights.

The Del Sol looks really promising and I'll check out the Anaheim Plaza too. THANKS!! :)

P.S. My origininal post has a typo... I meant to say that I don't want to mess with ART. Or any other sort of transportation issues for that matter.

landj
08-05-2006, 06:51 AM
When I have stayed at the HoJo I have used the Entertainment rate as well & each time they have quoted me a few days at a higher rate, because rate says hotel will charge higher rate if they expect to be 80% + full.....but each time I went every day was rated $49 upon checkout. As well they are still supposed to give 10% off on the higher rated days with the Entertainment rate.

jeffat2
08-05-2006, 07:27 AM
If I am reading your post correctly , try booking three nights with out the tickets with ''Getaway today .com. ''their prices are quoted with all taxes, after you put in the first info it takes you to all the hotels that are available then hit book this , then hit remove tickets and then continue.hope this helps
Jeff

momuvseven
08-05-2006, 07:53 AM
Or call Getaway Today, the girls are super nice and may be able to help you find what you need. They often have things that do not show up on the website.

Malcon10t
08-05-2006, 08:03 AM
I've heard horrible things about the Desert Inn, plus that's still over budget, as is Park Vue.

Thanks for the input about the Super 8. That's too far anyway.

I think the Hilton is too far... further than Hojo (?) which is already further than we want to be. Which makes something in another city (Homewood/Garden Grove) totally out, lol.

The Carousel (according to it's site) is sold out for those nights.

The Del Sol looks really promising and I'll check out the Anaheim Plaza too. THANKS!! :)

P.S. My origininal post has a typo... I meant to say that I don't want to mess with ART. Or any other sort of transportation issues for that matter.The Desert Inn has had issues, but it pertains to people using debit cards. I don't think they know how to handle debit cards there. So, if you use a debit card, I do not recommend the place. The place itself is nice. In the future, I will send a cash deposit instead of using the debit cards.

As far as the Del Sol Inn, I am only stating the price is in your budget. I do not by any means recommend it. Personally, both my daughter and myself would take the walk from the Plaza rather than ever stay there again.

You might want to look at Trip Advisor.

The Hilton is further. On the positive side, it now has a dedicated ART (E) bus. Reality is, there are at least 2 bus routes (E and C) for it. Personally, I like ART. If you can't do ART, my kids do the tram when we are at the Hilton. You go out the back door, cross teh street at the convention crosswalk, walk into the Timon lot and catch the tram to the front gate area.

Looking at Getawaytoday.com, the lowest price room without tickets is the Ramada for $351 inc taxes for the 3 nights.

jeffat2
08-05-2006, 08:40 AM
I found Holiday Inn Anaheim Palms Resort for three nights for 266.00 after all taxes on getaways site and it says 2 blocks away from Dl

KDCartoons
08-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Hey Folks--

Any skinny on the Super-8 on Katella, around the corner from Harbour?
Our Travel agent reccomended it--said a recent client family of hers stayed there and enjoyed it.
I'll be staying there with my family in the last 10 days of this month.
Just read about the Super-8 on Disneyland Drive and am glad we didn't book there --esspecially if the impressions were bad. Glad for the heads-up too.

Just wondering if anyone has any impressions of the Super-8 on Katella--are the staff nice, the place decent enough? Not too far to walk to the Parks?

Thanks for any info.

Malcon10t
08-05-2006, 12:47 PM
I found Holiday Inn Anaheim Palms Resort for three nights for 266.00 after all taxes on getaways site and it says 2 blocks away from Dl
But at Disneyland, what is a block? On Harbor, the address across the street at the crosswalk is basically 1600 S. Harbor. The Holiday Inn is 1221 S Harbor, so thats "4 blocks". Reality is, it is on the other side of I-5. Basically, you walk as far as Hojos, then up and over the overpass of I-5, then down and the Holiday inn is on the otherside.

Malcon10t
08-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Hey Folks--

Any skinny on the Super-8 on Katella, around the corner from Harbour?
Our Travel agent reccomended it--said a recent client family of hers stayed there and enjoyed it.
I'll be staying there with my family in the last 10 days of this month.
Just read about the Super-8 on Disneyland Drive and am glad we didn't book there --esspecially if the impressions were bad. Glad for the heads-up too.

Just wondering if anyone has any impressions of the Super-8 on Katella--are the staff nice, the place decent enough? Not too far to walk to the Parks?

Thanks for any info.Check out TripAdvisor
ttp://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g29092-d222952-r5037765-Super_8_Motel_Anaheim_Disneyland_Park-Anaheim_California.html

Sounds OK as long as you wear shoes.

rosie
08-05-2006, 01:52 PM
But at Disneyland, what is a block? On Harbor, the address across the street at the crosswalk is basically 1600 S. Harbor. The Holiday Inn is 1221 S Harbor, so thats "4 blocks". Reality is, it is on the other side of I-5. Basically, you walk as far as Hojos, then up and over the overpass of I-5, then down and the Holiday inn is on the otherside.
Has anyone stayed at this Holiday Inn? I have reservations made for December.

ScrapKat
08-05-2006, 02:12 PM
When I have stayed at the HoJo I have used the Entertainment rate as well & each time they have quoted me a few days at a higher rate, because rate says hotel will charge higher rate if they expect to be 80% + full.....but each time I went every day was rated $49 upon checkout.

Was this something you didn't find out until afterwards though? Or is it possible I could still get the $49 rate if I call back in a few days?

And Malcon10t, thank you so much for your input. You've been so helpful!

stagemomx3
08-05-2006, 02:30 PM
But at Disneyland, what is a block?

:D This cracked me up because we stayed at The Peacock Suites in June and their website claims they are 2 blocks from Disneyland. Yeah right! *heavy sarcasm* Now the shuttle system does work well, so it wasn't a problem, but still I think truth in advertising should be applied to the hotels around DL and their walking distance claims!

Malcon10t
08-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Has anyone stayed at this Holiday Inn? I have reservations made for December.
Hakuna Makarla has. She really liked it. You might try Trip Advisor and see what they say.

landj
08-05-2006, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=ScrapKat]Was this something you didn't find out until afterwards though? Or is it possible I could still get the $49 rate if I call back in a few days?

I found out closer to my visit as I had booked a couple months in advance. They seem to always say they will be booked over 80% on the weekend. I know you don't have too much time before you go & you want to ensure you have a room but maybe try....& if they not ask for at least the 10% discount as that is what has always been the "rule" with the Entertainment rate.

ScrapKat
08-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Thanks landj! I will try them on Monday and see if anything has changed. :)

ScrapKat
08-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Well, nothing has changed yet... those nights starting with the 19th are not available at the $49 rate. The 19th and 20th (with the 10% off) are $107.10. The 21st is higher at $120.60. I asked her if it was possible that could change and if I should try calling back later. She said that the August nights at that rate had already been determined but I could still try back later to see if things change.

DangerMouse
08-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Sorry to hi-jack your thread, but just thought I'd mention that I'm calling Willie right now to cancel my $49 ressies for 8/27-29. :crying:

So if anyone is looking for a good rate during that time give the HoJo a call.

:crying: Sniffle, Sniffle. :crying:

ScrapKat
08-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Oh, I am so sorry! :(

I emailed Willie to see if he can help me get the $49 rate. I'll let y'all know what he says.

And now I'm wondering... does HoJo give a 15% discount for AP holders?

Malcon10t
08-08-2006, 10:26 AM
And now I'm wondering... does HoJo give a 15% discount for AP holders?20%.