PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Decorations/Parade

LilysMom2003
08-04-2006, 01:18 PM
I know this question was just recently asked but there really wasn't a clear answer. We'll be at Disneyland on Sunday, November 20 (a few days before Thanksgiving). Will all of the holiday decorations be up? Will the tree be up? Will the holiday parade be in the schedule? Also, I know the hours aren't up yet but does anyone recall what the hours were the Sunday before Thanksgiving last year? Thanks!

disneyochem
08-04-2006, 05:21 PM
The decorations will be up. The Christmas Parade will most likely start on Friday, November 18. I'm not sure of the hours on that Sunday. We like to be there on that Sunday but usually leave around 2 p.m. to drive home!

We really like to hit DLR the weekend before Thanksgiving. You get the holiday cheer without the horrendous crowds!

LilysMom2003
08-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Great! That's just what I wanted to hear.

AVP
08-05-2006, 08:37 AM
They've already begun installing the holiday decor - there's one window on Main Street that already has holiday props inside.

AVP

kiwifuz
08-05-2006, 09:02 AM
They've already begun installing the holiday decor - there's one window on Main Street that already has holiday props inside.

AVP
Okay please tell me you're kidding?! :( That's just not right...

I Heart Disneyland!
08-05-2006, 12:26 PM
Oh my gosh! If the parade starts that date...it is PERFECT! Please let it be so!!! ha!

AVP
08-05-2006, 06:39 PM
Okay please tell me you're kidding?! :( That's just not right...Nope, not kidding. (http://albums.mouseplanet.com/AdrienneVincentPhoenix/HolidayWindow_080106_AVP.jpg)

AVP

evrythngwmn
08-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Nope, not kidding. (http://albums.mouseplanet.com/AdrienneVincentPhoenix/HolidayWindow_080106_AVP.jpg)

AVP

That's been there throughout the 50th. The items in each window are tied to the theme of the pictures. The pictures in the window are from the past Christmas parades.

Monte Cristo
08-06-2006, 05:39 PM
I know this question was just recently asked but there really wasn't a clear answer. We'll be at Disneyland on Sunday, November 20 (a few days before Thanksgiving). Will all of the holiday decorations be up? Will the tree be up?

Yes and yes. All the holiday stuff starts going up the first week of November. It's all pretty much in place by November 10th (that's when IASWH opens). The only piece not yet running is the Christmas parade, which if I'm not mistaken starts the week you're there.

AVP
08-06-2006, 10:51 PM
That's been there throughout the 50th. The items in each window are tied to the theme of the pictures. The pictures in the window are from the past Christmas parades.Cool! I knew that window had parade photos, but I didn't realize they were specifically Christmas parades!

AVP

LOYL2DZNY
08-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Anyone been there the last week of November? I'm trying to decide when I want to go, and I'm debating on the first week of December or the last week of November. Anyone have any opinion on this?

AaronInCal
08-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Anyone been there the last week of November? I'm trying to decide when I want to go, and I'm debating on the first week of December or the last week of November. Anyone have any opinion on this?

The last week of November, especially this year and the past couple years when Thanksgiving is earlier, is usually not too busy. This year should be back to 'normal' since all the 50th stuff will be over. The only thing with the first week of December is that is when Disneyland usually has the Christmas parties for the Cast Memebers. So the park will close at 6pm most likely on Monday and Tuesday. But other than that, there should also be relatively light crowds.

lexandtaysmom
08-10-2006, 10:26 AM
How do you think the crowds will be the 2nd week of Dec? Like from Dec 12-Dec16?

Thanks!

Monte Cristo
08-10-2006, 02:51 PM
How do you think the crowds will be the 2nd week of Dec? Like from Dec 12-Dec16?

Thanks!

We went there last year at the same time and it was fairly light. The first two weeks of December are usually pretty quiet. Most schools aren't out yet. Besides mid-November, it's the best time to go to the park during the holiday season. The closest to busy you'll see is that Friday, especially as the day wears on. Anything after the 16th and it's a madhouse.

TikiTiki
08-10-2006, 03:08 PM
We went there last year at the same time and it was fairly light. The first two weeks of December are usually pretty quiet. Most schools aren't out yet. Besides mid-November, it's the best time to go to the park during the holiday season. The closest to busy you'll see is that Friday, especially as the day wears on. Anything after the 16th and it's a madhouse.

We did the exact same thing. Wonderful time to go to the park. Our last night was that Friday before schools were out on holiday break. The whole week was fairly light. Saw the parades again and again.

That Friday in the late afternoon however became PRETTY busy. I can only assume it was from some kids being let out early, or parents getting them out and started on their vacations as early as possible. We were checking out the next morning so it wasn't too bad. Just eat breakfast and get out before the above mentioned "madhouse". ;)

One additional note... if you are into the ELP and IF they bring it back this holiday season, it should be there in DCA starting that same Friday as well!

Monte Cristo
08-10-2006, 06:06 PM
We did the exact same thing. Wonderful time to go to the park. Our last night was that Friday before schools were out on holiday break. The whole week was fairly light. Saw the parades again and again.

That Friday in the late afternoon however became PRETTY busy. I can only assume it was from some kids being let out early, or parents getting them out and started on their vacations as early as possible. We were checking out the next morning so it wasn't too bad. Just eat breakfast and get out before the above mentioned "madhouse". ;)

One additional note... if you are into the ELP and IF they bring it back this holiday season, it should be there in DCA starting that same Friday as well!

Yup! That's how we ended our trip - we camped out at DCA and watched ELP. This year we go back to our normal mid-November trip which we consider the kick off to our holidays.

LOYL2DZNY
08-14-2006, 11:22 AM
The last week of November, especially this year and the past couple years when Thanksgiving is earlier, is usually not too busy. This year should be back to 'normal' since all the 50th stuff will be over. The only thing with the first week of December is that is when Disneyland usually has the Christmas parties for the Cast Memebers. So the park will close at 6pm most likely on Monday and Tuesday. But other than that, there should also be relatively light crowds.

What about the parades/fireworks? Do they run only midweek or is it just on the weekends?

dznyphreak
08-14-2006, 02:42 PM
It may sound crazy, but I've gone Christmas night after dinner (which, at my house, ends around 4 pm). Not many people go since the locals are at home. All you have to worry about are the travellers who decide to leave their crazy relatives behind and spend Christmas at the Merriest Place on Earth.

AaronInCal
08-14-2006, 03:21 PM
What about the parades/fireworks? Do they run only midweek or is it just on the weekends?

The parades still will run daily. It will likely be the Parade of Dreams running up until about Nov 16. Then the Christmas parade will begin most likely on Nov 17. No one knows for sure yet if the Christmas parade will be the only parade, or they will run both parades like they did last year. The Christmas parade start time is based on the past couple years how they have done it. Also, the past several years, the fireworks, whether they are the Christmas ones, or like last year, Remember, have been running nightly starting about the first or second weekend in November all the way through the end of the year. We'll know for sure when Disneyland releases their official press release about the holiday happenings like they usually do in a month or so.

rentayenta
08-14-2006, 07:36 PM
It may sound crazy, but I've gone Christmas night after dinner (which, at my house, ends around 4 pm). Not many people go since the locals are at home. All you have to worry about are the travellers who decide to leave their crazy relatives behind and spend Christmas at the Merriest Place on Earth.

LOL! When we were kids we would go on the holidays to get away from our crazy (read drunk) parents. Good times!

evrythngwmn
08-14-2006, 08:01 PM
The garland/lights will be going up across Main St. this year which will mean that it will be just the Christmas parade.

pisces
08-15-2006, 06:35 PM
The garland/lights will be going up across Main St. this year which will mean that it will be just the Christmas parade.

Has this been confirmed?

I thought they were going to keep the Parade of Dreams going for the time being.

I was a little disappointed, last year, in not seeing that garland that criss-crosses Main Street.

I Heart Disneyland!
08-15-2006, 07:58 PM
Has this been confirmed?

I'd listen to her...she works there! :)