PDA

View Full Version : AP Opinion

mikala
05-04-2002, 03:35 PM
OK, here we go-during our March 2002 visit, we went into the park with a 3 day hopper. On our last day we went to upgrade to an annual pass. Since it was a weekday the location for AP's inside Disneyland was closed, and we were directed outside the park to the building on the right. (I think it is guest services). The CM took our 3 day, and we picked a So. Cal. pass since we thought living in Las Vegas, the blockout days wouldn't affect us. She applied our pass to the pass and provided us with a ticket with our names on it, and it says must have first use before 6/17/02. It has not been activated yet. We wil get our pictures when we go in 2 weeks.

The thing is, we will be there for Mouse Adventure, and thought we would like to go into the park on Saturday. This is a blockout day on our passes. We were given 2 one day passes valued at 45.00 each, and I would like to use these for that Saturday and also to upgrade. Can we?

I called the Annual Pass Holder line, and explained the scenario numerous times to this chippy CM and she was very snappy and still gave me incorrect information. It was relating to what she thought I said, not our scenario. I tried 4 times to call back, and get someone else, and she answered everytime. I wanted to scream. Like I said the passes have not been activated yet, even though we used our hopper to get in that day. (The CM's mistake, I think.)

Help me......I need no caos during my birthday, afterall my husband says I am a princess.. ;)

wonderful
05-04-2002, 05:45 PM
The good news is, I might be able to give you a solution to your situation...
The bad news is, you have to answer these questions correctly:
1. You say the passes you were given are "valued at" $45... but is this price anywhere on the ticket? If the answer is "yes"... move on (if "no," there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY you can upgrade that pass)...
2. Are you willing to be overly gracious even though you are pretty frustrated? Your answer should be YES... and let me tell you why... the scenario screams of "getting around the system" and that always gets folks in arms. ALL tickets have the disclaimer NON-REFUNDABLE strewn across the back in red ink and, if you are not willing to "play nice" the CM behind the counter really doesn't have to... so play nice...
And if you are agreeable up to this point, this is what you do...
Bring your $45 tickets the day you want to come, proceed to Guest Services or Guest Relations for a refund on these unused tckets. After recieving the refund, proceed to any ticket booth to upgrade your passports, assuming you are using the money you just got refunded. Your upgraded pass, if it is a Premium, will get you in on Saturday. If you were planning to just get the Deluxe, you will still have to purchase $25 blockout day tickets... it may sound unfair, but there are reasons why the Premium costs more than the other two.
Basicly, if the idea was to come in on the two passes, then upgrade to the Deluxe at the end of a Saturday so as to "get around the Saturday" blockout day, it was cheating the system and it isn't going to work... only ONE day pass can be applied to an AP, ever. But if the intention was just to figure out a way to apply the money spent on the two day passes to your pass, I hope this was helpful.
Just remember, a refund is NEVER guaranteed, so in order to get one you have to have a good reason... and a smile never hurts.