PDA

View Full Version : A posts about manners posted

Lost Boy
05-04-2002, 03:01 PM
I posted a story by Jim Hill over at the WDW section. Rather than repost it here, go look and then make some comments here, if you want to. I wonder if this will affect Disneyland as well at some point?
:mad:

MouseWife
05-04-2002, 03:26 PM
That is very sad.

Everywhere I turn these days, it all seems to be about the profits that can be made.

People don't seem to matter any more. Unless, they are paying above and beyond the normal costs.

When someone asks me where is a restroom/ride/exit what ever, I take the time to help them, if I can. I have never gotten paid for it, either, or asked for any type of compensation. It is called caring for another person, having some common decency.

Shame on them for making their employees feel that way about the guests. :mad:

Uncle Dick
05-04-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
I posted a story by Jim Hill over at the WDW section. Rather than repost it here, go look and then make some comments here, if you want to. I wonder if this will affect Disneyland as well at some point?
:mad:
As a Disneyland Cast Member, I feel obligated to help guests whether I'm on the clock or not. Even if I'm just going to the parks to play, the company's paying my admission and I feel like I owe it to them to be helpful. Not that I wouldn't be friendly and helpful anyway, but as a cast member I sort of feel like a representative of Disneyland at all times.

In the WDW case, I'm pretty sure that Disney's just covering their rear in case the union decides that CMs should get paid to help guests at all times.

disneyholic family
05-04-2002, 05:00 PM
we had the impression that customer service had taken a turn for the worse at WDW last year...
it will be interesting this summer to see if it's true this year as well (or if it's gotten even worse)

Morrigoon
05-04-2002, 06:18 PM
You know, what are they paying those CM's for then? Might as well hire a bunch of toothless carnies if they just need someone to push buttons - they're forgetting everything that made DL/WDW CM's special.

adriennek
05-04-2002, 10:16 PM
This thread is essentially a cross post of another thread in the WDW forum. This thread is closed.

Adrienne K