PDA

View Full Version : Meal Plan Voucher Question

MelissaR
08-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Hi! I have been lurking on this site for ummm... a while :rolleyes: and could always find answers to my questions, but at last I have one I couldn't find an answer to! (I'm sure it's on here somewhere, I just can't find it)

We are planning a December trip and we will be using dining vouchers (I know a lot of people don't like them, but they work for our family). This will be the second time using the vouchers, and thanks to this site, we hopefully will be using them wiser! My question lies in the use of the character breakfast voucher. Can these be used for character dining other than breakfast? (at Ariels?) Can they be used at non-character dining establishments and have the max value on the voucher put towards the bill? I really am not a fan of buffets, and would rather put them towards a meal at BB or Cafe Orleans :) Thanks in advance!

Goosegirl
08-03-2006, 10:02 PM
We just got back on Monday night and we used the vouchers. I do know that you can use the Character Breakfast voucher for Ariel's Grotto for Lunch or Dinner. But Goofy's Kitchen is a bit more expensive so you would have to add to that. And I believe I remember reading that you can use the character Breakfast voucher at another resort restaurant. I think the maximum value for those vouchers is $27.25 each.
Oh, and the "snack" vouchers are actually worth $6.00 each instead of $5.00 as they are listed on the "Dining Options" page.

We were in the park for 3 days. We bought the 3 day meal plan. We had 2 adults, a teenaged daughter, and a toddler who eats from the childrens menu. The meal plan covered all of our meals except for the meal at Yamabuki. For that, we used the 10% off coupon in our package coupon book and just paid for that meal.

We actually love the buffet at Storytellers Cafe. It works for us with a hungry toddler and we don't have to pay extra for her.

We will probably use the meal plan whenever we go again. I liked having that paid for in advance. It helped with budgeting for our vacation.

MelissaR
08-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the info Goosegirl, we like the idea of prepaying for our meals too, and I think if you know how to use them correctly, you wont lose money. We booked through Costco, so we get one character breakfast from them as well as the one with the dining plan (we also got the 3 day), and I just wanted to know how flexible the vouchers are (last time we stuck to exactly what they said)