PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic & Fireworks $65?

Doug
08-03-2006, 12:28 PM
I went up to the gallery last time I was at DLR (been a long time since I have been up there), noticed the people on the balcony waiting for the Fantasmic to start, asked about getting a seat, was informed it's $65! I asked if this was the same deal as sitting out by the river, and was told you can choose, and you also get a seat for the fireworks ... she had no more details, so, I am wondering, do you get a front row seat for both for $65 (plus snacks I hear)? She said you just had to book 1 day in advance, any more info on this? Thanks......

Doug

kohl
08-03-2006, 12:43 PM
We have done both and really enjoyed it. After Fantasmic! you can see the fireworks.
For the balcony, they had cheesecake, black forest cake, cheese and crackers, fresh fruit and some other things I am missing. For Riverside, you get chocolate dipped strawberries, Mickey shaped rice krispie treats, biscotti, sugar cookie filled with jam, and more I can't remember. They were both buffet and they take a drink order for you. We liked the view better from the balcony, but liked the food better riverside. I think it is 30 days ahead you call and if you want balcony seats, you need to start calling before 8am! I usually call a few days before I know they will sell the tickets for the date I want so I make sure to call EXACTLY the day they sell the tickets because the balcony seats sell out within minutes!
Good luck!

bradk
08-03-2006, 12:47 PM
it's a month before, which is slightly different than 30 days.

i believe it's $59 per person incidentally.

and i don't recommend viewing the fireworks from the balcony. unless you can see the fireworks from main street another day, opt for the second viewing of F! if you can.

my2lalas
08-03-2006, 12:54 PM
We have two girls (4 1/2 and 2 1/2) and I wondered if I'd have to pay for the younger one. I think I remember someone saying that there is no children's price.
Thanks

Malcon10t
08-03-2006, 01:04 PM
We have two girls (4 1/2 and 2 1/2) and I wondered if I'd have to pay for the younger one. I think I remember someone saying that there is no children's price.
ThanksBalcony seating is $59, with no discounts for children. Riverside is $59, and $49 for children 10 and under. With regards to the fireworks, if you are at the showing prior to the fireworks, you may stay an dwatch the fireworks from your seat. There are no fireworks after the second showing of Fantasmic!

hlbtimes2
08-03-2006, 01:57 PM
I believe the 2 1/2 year old would be a no charge / "lap" child. YOu would need to double check with them on on that.

disneyhound
08-03-2006, 03:04 PM
I believe the 2 1/2 year old would be a no charge / "lap" child. YOu would need to double check with them on on that.
Definately double, or even triple check the "lap child" option for Balcony seating; I don't think anyone gets to the Balcony without a "full-priced" ticket for every member in every group!

Malcon10t
08-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Definately double, or even triple check the "lap child" option for Balcony seating; I don't think anyone gets to the Balcony without a "full-priced" ticket for every member in every group!
Right. The riverside has allowed 2 and under to be lap children (it is REALLY cramped for a lap child though.) I've had more than one person tell me they had to pay for under 3s in the Balcony. I really cannot see doing a lapchild in balcony, the seating is cramped enough without adding a child on the lap.

Stitch Lover
08-03-2006, 07:49 PM
hello. yes, it runs $59. i bought 2 tickets for the Aug. 21st 9pm showing for the balcony. i ordered them July 21st and i called them right at 8 o'clock. it rang 2 or 3 times and got right in! the lady was pretty nice and i charged the amount on my credit card. she told me to bring a picture id, the credit card, and conformation number. i am going to go by a good 2 or 3 hrs. before to make sure i get the seats and do everything right. i will let you know how it goes. :)

Malcon10t
08-03-2006, 10:59 PM
hello. yes, it runs $59. i bought 2 tickets for the Aug. 21st 9pm showing for the balcony. i ordered them July 21st and i called them right at 8 o'clock. it rang 2 or 3 times and got right in! the lady was pretty nice and i charged the amount on my credit card. she told me to bring a picture id, the credit card, and conformation number. i am going to go by a good 2 or 3 hrs. before to make sure i get the seats and do everything right. i will let you know how it goes. :)Just to let you know, they usually don't have anyone around until 730pm for the first show. Usually, the host and hostesses are on breaks from 7 to 730pm. They start with the podium about 730pm.

bradk
08-04-2006, 04:46 AM
the balcony doesn't matter when you show up, your seating is done ahead of time. you shouldn't be showing up any more than 30-45 mins before the performance.

Osky
08-04-2006, 08:22 AM
I have done the balcony twice, and the first time my son was 2. I was told that if he wanted a chair, we would have to pay, but if he sat in my lap, he would be free. The last time I had balcony seating was a couple of months ago, and my son was 3 1/2. I still put him on my lap when they show started.

bradk
08-04-2006, 08:30 AM
which is funny because you technically don't have to sit during the performance. in fact, because they opted to seat me off to the side despite being the first to reserve last time, i spent the majority of it out of my seat.

Doug
08-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Ok, I am confused, this is ONLY FOR FANTASMIC? The CM said it was for seats for both Fantasmic and Remember .... is this not true? Is there no way to get a reserved seats for Remember? I know there is the "sit down 3 hours before the show starts" method, but I don't think that is the best use of time, ya know :>?

Oh, also, is there an AP discount?

bradk
08-04-2006, 12:57 PM
if you go to the first F!, they'll let you stay on the balcony for Remember... there isn't much of a choice, to be honest. but it's a poor viewing angle. there are reserved seats specifically for Remember... at the train station, but that's a whole other story

Malcon10t
08-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Ok, I am confused, this is ONLY FOR FANTASMIC? The CM said it was for seats for both Fantasmic and Remember .... is this not true? Is there no way to get a reserved seats for Remember? I know there is the "sit down 3 hours before the show starts" method, but I don't think that is the best use of time, ya know :>?

Oh, also, is there an AP discount?
The CM probably meant you get to stay and see the fireworks after the first show. Its nt the best viewing though. The only way for the Remember... seats is to take the 50th tour on the latest tour. You get seats at the train station. Not the best either, and you have to spend the time on the tour.

I know the PAPs get a discount on tours, not sure about others, there are no discounts on the Fantasmic! seating.

bradk
08-04-2006, 01:46 PM
it's actually not the only way to get the train seats... but it's probably the most economical and reliable way for most...

guests are able to stand at the train station anyway, they just can't use the bench seating (or at least not get caught). the view actually really isn't bad, but the flag pole is a nuisance in my opinion. I think Remember.. is best seen halfway down Main Street - at least at the train station you don't have to deal with people's heads.

quadaunt
08-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Hey, brad, is that you? ;)

blackjackdelta
08-04-2006, 02:56 PM
which is funny because you technically don't have to sit during the performance. in fact, because they opted to seat me off to the side despite being the first to reserve last time, i spent the majority of it out of my seat.

How did you know you were the first. I asked the CM who answered and she stated that they could not tell you who was on 1st.

Jack

bradk
08-04-2006, 03:00 PM
they just tell me i'm the first to call that day. they can't tell you seat location, but i've had them confirm i was the first to call both times i've done it.

and yes, 'tis I :)

Wizard69
08-05-2006, 08:58 AM
The Fantasmic balcony seating is $59 which includes and all-you-can-eat dessert buffet. You can stay after the first Fantasmic to watch the fireworks from the balcony. The balcony seating is pre-assigned according to booking order (first booked gets first seat). They start calling the names for the balcony seating at 8:30 so you just hang out in the courtyard until they call your name. If you show up late don't worry because your seats are already assigned.

The river seating is booked in advance but first come first serve so arrive early!!

Omnitographer
08-07-2006, 12:50 AM
Is the view from the balcony realy that great? Are you still inside the speaker area? I always try and get someplace more in front of the castle. althought being 6'4 i can just come up the path right before it starts and stand behind the crowd.....

bradk
08-07-2006, 10:36 AM
it's a worry free thing. you CAN do better on your own, if you're willing, especially for 2nd showings. of course, you don't get the desserts.

the view isn't horrible, just distant. and you do have some pieces of equipment blocking your view.

i much rather preferred the view from the 2nd balcony (not part of the package), but even that had a giant HCOE banner interjecting itself.

Doug
08-08-2006, 01:23 PM
2nd balcony?

it's a worry free thing. you CAN do better on your own, if you're willing, especially for 2nd showings. of course, you don't get the desserts.

the view isn't horrible, just distant. and you do have some pieces of equipment blocking your view.

i much rather preferred the view from the 2nd balcony (not part of the package), but even that had a giant HCOE banner interjecting itself.

bradk
08-08-2006, 01:35 PM
yeah, it's around the corner from the main balcony. it overlooks that street with club 33 and blue bayou. the VIP tour got me a spot there.