PDA

View Full Version : Dineyland Hotel: Do Tell!

Nfatuated
05-04-2002, 08:12 AM
I have recieved an amazing rate of $99 a night a the D-land hotel on May 20th-23rd! I have never stayed in a disney property and I am extremly excited. What can I expect? Please share your thoughts and expirences.

Tink0706
05-04-2002, 10:43 AM
And while you're telling all...can you tell me which way is faster getting to and into the park in the am - taking the monorail or walking through DD?

MouseWife
05-04-2002, 10:53 AM
Hmm. I haven't done it but I think it would depend on what time the Monorail starts running.

{If it starts at opening time, will you be on the first one out? Compare that to how soon they let you into Disneyland, even if it is only onto Main Street. }

I remember one time just taking the shuttle because the Monorail didn't start early enough.

These are things I think you could be able to find out from the hotel front desk. Or a nice CM on here................

:)

Uncle Dick
05-04-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Tink0706
And while you're telling all...can you tell me which way is faster getting to and into the park in the am - taking the monorail or walking through DD?
From the hotel, it might be faster (and certainly a lot more fun) to take the monorail into the park. Of course, it depends on what time you want to get in. If you're trying to make the rope drop on Main Street, it's much faster to walk through DtD. After rope drop, the lines at the main entrance tend to get rather long until the afternoon so you'd probably want to take the monorail.

It also depends on where in the park you want to go. If you want to see Tomorrowland or Fantasyland, the monorail will dump you off right there in the middle of it. If you're trying to get to Critter Country, you'll have quite a walk. Personally, I'd go with the monorail, just because it's a whole lot of fun to ride.

kranders
05-04-2002, 03:34 PM
I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel on a Friday through Monday last month with a rate of $220/night in a packaged deal. I thought I got my moneys worth with the rooms and the service and the complete Disney experience...so at $99 it's even better. I also got a $99 rate for my visit on 5/19-20 but I got that since I am a proud new owner of a Premium AP (that's a lot better discount than the 10% they advertise in the AP literature)
I found that the wait for the monorail in the morning is quite long until they start boarding, so if you want to be first in the gate you might want to walk through Downtown and go through the main gate. I did take the monorail several other times to go back to the hotel and they have an express line for hotel guests at the end of the day when the park closes.
Have fun!

Tink0706
05-05-2002, 05:29 AM
Thanks for your help. I do want to be there when the rope drops and was wondering if the monorail started to run at the same time.

Nfatuated
05-05-2002, 07:47 AM
Yes thanks for your insight! What about restraunts anything you can recomend?

kranders
05-05-2002, 11:01 AM
The only restaurant we ate at in the hotel was a character breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. It was great! We also had one the day before at the Plaza Inn. They're the same price but the one at Goofy's Kitchen is by far the best. At the Plaza the Pooh characters were great but the food spread(buffet style) couldn't compare with Goofy's. Hook's Point and Granvilles at the hotel looked good(and expensive) but we weren't looking for a Steakhouse/dinnerhouse type of meal.
Inside the park we love the experience at the Blue Bayou!
Ken
P.S. I put the wrong date on my earlier post. I'm going to be there 5/12-13

MagicBeliever
05-06-2002, 10:16 PM
We've always found the Dland hotel worth the extra money by far.

During our last visit, we ate at Hook's Pointe for breakfast, which provided a nice place to sit down and eat without the hubbub of the park. The food, as always, was superb. We also snacked at the little burger stand outside (I believe it's called Croc's Bits and Bites) as well as our early morning stops at the Coffee House for coffee, muffins, fruit, and the best hot chocolate I've ever tasted. :)

Mad Hatter
05-06-2002, 10:32 PM
just a reminder,when the hotel gives you your paperwork,be sure to take your charge slip with you into the park. right in the middle of it it says monorail express boarding pass,you can only use it for your party to get back to DTD. not good at DTD station. there is a seperate line alongside the old sub lagoon with a sign that says BE our guest. have your charge slip handy and show it to the cast member at the turnstiles and they will get your party up to the monorail as soon as possable. HAVE A GREAT STAY!:D

hefferdude
05-07-2002, 11:37 AM
Does anyone know if the $99 rate is available
to So Cal AP's ? We'll be there 5/17-5/19 too!
May 2002 MAMS.:D

kranders
05-07-2002, 11:44 AM
I thnk the best way is to give them a call and see what they say!

lotsafuzz
05-07-2002, 02:21 PM
Nfatuated: I'll be there under the same deal 6/2-6/7 and I can't WAIT!!

Make sure you rush back here with a trip report! :)

Kimi_Coconuts
05-07-2002, 04:30 PM
I just wanted to say we will be there too 5/12-5/17 and we got the special rate. See you there :D

Nfatuated
05-07-2002, 07:23 PM
i believe you can recieve the discount with any AP. Thank you all for the insight. One more question, I heard that a recording of mickey is on the other end of a wake up call. is this true. i will definetly provide a trip report when i get back :)

Tink0706
05-08-2002, 09:27 AM
Does the DL Hotel have somewhere to do laundry?

lotsafuzz
05-08-2002, 02:08 PM
Nfatuated: I've read the same thing, but don't know if it is true.

I've also read that the rooms have TinkerBell on the wall in 'pixie dust'. Anyone know if that is true?

MammaSilva
05-08-2002, 02:58 PM
when we stayed at the DLH Mickeys voice was on the wakeup call each morning, our room didn't have tinkerbell decor it was nice but "plain" if that makes sense? oh and be sure to ask housekeeping for extra tolietrys (SP?) they make great sovieners, the soaps have mickey imprinted in them :)

kranders
05-08-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by lotsafuzz
I've also read that the rooms have TinkerBell on the wall in 'pixie dust'. Anyone know if that is true?
In my room they had a wallpaper border along the ceiling that, indeed, was TinkerBell in pixie dust. My wife and daughter swore that they could make out MickeyMouse ears in the pixie dust swirls, but I couldn't see it. Checkout the original Disneyland concept artwork (artist's drawing and schematic) on the TV cabinet.
Ken

funnygarcia
05-09-2002, 03:56 PM
I think I read ....on their web site describing the hotel .... that laundry facilities are located next to the exercise room - is that Bointa tower?? Anyway- we are going on June 1-June 4 also at the AP rate yeah!!(with May 28 to June 1 at Fairfield Inn). I believe the Laughing place web site has some pics of the rooms and pool ... and I did a yahoo search awhile ago and lucked onto another travel agencuy web site that had nice pics-- but can't remember the site .... I know this is not all that helpful....