PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report 7/29-7/31

SactoGuy
08-02-2006, 11:10 AM
So it was a good trip =)

We started in DCA on sunday morning. The crowds were larger then the last time i went but we still only waited about 5 min on every ride. Firs ride up was Monsters Inc.,...eh it was alright a little dissapointed none of the characters mouths moved except for the one at the end. I can see little kids loving that ride.

Next up we went to Muppet Vision 3d hahaha i love the muppets!! i think i was the only one. THey also were doing some filming of the Cheetah Girls that apparently every little girl in the world knows about b/c there was a line strectchin all the way to entrance of the park!

Then we went on down to the tower of terror. No waits, good times! DId they start the random drop sequence on that yet? b/c it seemed like it we rode it three times and every time the drops seemed a little different. A lot better then i remember from my first time (which was a a year ago).

Then we dashed over to Screamin. No lines was a 3 minute ride. This was my first time riding and wow a great coaster! We rode that like 4 times hahaha.

Next up was Soarin. Relaxing as always except it was kinda funny both of my friends i was with are terrorfied of heights and we sat in row one, which when they lift you is the highest row... i have fingernail marks in my arms still hahaha.

After that we went over to disneyland.

Now Disneyland on Sunday wasn't too crowded the longest line was space mountain, which was like 30 minutes. IT was the first ride we rode too good as always =),

then was matterhorn, no line there got on in 5 minutes and they let us ride it twice =), although they were having off and on problems with the tomorrow land side cars kept getting stuck or something.

Then it was time for a turkeyleg and frozen cherry lemonade... sooooo good.

next we went on thundermountain, just a 5 min wait.
and then just like little kids we ran so fast to pirates of the carribean haha. it was worth it too, i really like what they have done with it, though i kinda think the jack sparrow at the very end is just kinda out of place. My favourite thing is they have fixed all the speakers finally! you can hear stuff again and the davy jones effect is very cool .

After that we went to haunted mansion. Madame leonas head was floating again =) and i liked the new bride room it was kinda cool. Especially the ghost playing piano more of a dark sinister feel.

and then we did Splash mountain.... sooooo good but that ride is need of a good refurbishment, some of the characters faces are coming off and stuff, but i still love it. The rest of the night my friends and did we call a mountain only day... we just did all the mountains and matterhorn again and again.

They didnt have any fireworks =( due to the high winds... and the park closed at 11pm. I think if they dont have fireworks they should extend the park hours one more hour hehehe... i know i know... the cost!!!!!

So day 2 on monday. We got to the park around 9. Made a mad dash to space mountain rode that twice. and kinda repeated the day, except this time we remembered to ride indiana jones (another ride that needs some serious refurb). We did get to have lunch at the blue bayou and had a monte christo...it was good i was full for the rest of the day =) well for a couple hours hahaha. Monday was a lot more crowded we actually had to get fast passes again no fireworks =( we did catch fantasmic this time.

If i can figure out how to post picture i will share them with you guys.

So tally of turkeylegs i ate in two days...8 (i say only 7 b/c one didnt count it was kinda mushy)! No honey popcorn =(

But other then the fireworks, which was a big let down it was one of the biggest reasons we went down to see them one last time before the 50th was over. But an overall good time. Now im back in Sacramento booo

Jon Vincible
08-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Sac eh? Just 2 1/2 hours north of San Jose! Yeah, me and my friends went Saturday and Monday. I wish we had gone Sunday though since you say the park wasn't that crowded. We waited 2 hours on both Saturday and Monday for the fireworks, only to be let down.

disneyhound
08-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Enjoyed you trip report, thanks for posting!

Hoppypooh
08-03-2006, 07:33 AM
Where in the park can you get frozen cherry lemonade?

backsthepack
08-03-2006, 08:32 AM
We were there Sunday through Tuesday and I agree, Sunday the crowds were great. We have a little one though, so mainly just the kid rides for us. Pirates was so worth the short wait (only 10 minutes max). I love the new parts. I also agree with the new bride room in the Haunted Mansion. Great addition.
The fireworks were a big upset for us. We have been there 3 times for the 50th and this is the first time we missed the fireworks. Oh well.

SactoGuy
08-03-2006, 09:10 AM
ooh the cherry lemonade... okay if you are walking towards Small World via story book land ride its the stand to your left in a big kinda box. They have the frozen lemonade drink, and have cherry too, its across from the turkey legs cart kinda its in that big intersection

Jon Vincible
08-03-2006, 09:15 AM
There is also a small kiosk between Pirates and HM. It's frozen lemonade with an optional flavor shot of cherry. They had like 2 other flavors too, but I forget what they were. And yes, it was absolutely delicious. It wasn't super hard and frozen like frozen lemonade usually is. It was slushy.