PDA

View Full Version : Melding Disney with the "real world", share your stories! Aka, "It's Joke Time!"

RockDoc07
08-01-2006, 05:43 PM
So I hope this one gets a lot of people writing.

Interestingly, both of these stories involve Star Tours, which although I loved the attraction, made me quite motion sick.

I was noticing that since my recent trip to Disneyland (which was 3 days vs the 1 day stint 13 years ago when I was 11 and didn't really appreciate it much) I have been taking a keen eye to Disney things around me and also incorporating it more into my life. After wearing my American Flag Mouse Ears pin on my white coat for the last 4 weeks, I finally had a patient's mother ask me today if I liked Disney. I got to regail the story of my recent trip.

Anyway, onto the real reason for this thread.

So I have been making more and more "jokes" related to Disneyland since the trip. The first one was while we were still in California. When we went to Northern Cali, i was driving my Uncle's car which I had never driven before. The first time out in the car, I was hitting the breaks a little too hard when stopping and my fiancee was getting jerked around a bit. After the second or third time I looked at her and said, "Sorry sweetie, but it's my first flight and I'm still getting used to my programming." She got a good laugh out of that and I eventually got the hang of it.

Second story:

I was in the car this past weekend with my roommate (who thinks he knows everything about everything) and was explaining how you had to drive a certain way and rev the engine to keep air flowing through or good mileage or some absolute plop he was trying to serve. Anyway, he kept making turns really sharply and finally we get to this hill and he just guns the gas and our friend in the back seat and I both get thrown around the car and into the backs of our seats. So I scream out, "R2! Light speed to Endoooooorrr!" My friend in the backseat completely cracks up and gives me props for the reference and I of course return them to her for recognizing the reference.

So what other ones do people have? Do you find yourselves doing this unconsciously? Do you make efforts? Share some good ones!

Cool Runnings
Doc

Disney Vault
08-01-2006, 05:59 PM
I don't think any of my friends would know what I was joking about but I loved your stories:D

MammaSilva
08-01-2006, 06:09 PM
The crowd I 'hang' with LOVE to use the 'get out, oh that was rude, PLEASE get out" routine...often ;)

Jewel of Orleans
08-01-2006, 06:52 PM
I've been known to burst into a chorus of "It's a Small World After All" whenever someone tells me an incredible story about running into somebody under unusual, unlikely, or seemingly-impossible circumstances (such as the time my sister ran into a guy we knew from high school in Pennsylvania at the Doge's Palace in Venice). Everybody seems to know the tune and get the joke.

Whether it's amusing or annoying, I won't speculate!

potzbie
08-01-2006, 07:04 PM
The Jungle Cruise is good for many non-jungle one-liners.

The one-liner already mentioned (and worth mentioning again):
"Get out. -- Oh, that was rude of me. PLEASE get out."

But here is a joke in reverse. -- It is what the "ride" said to the boat skipper.

Q. What did the elephant say to the naked Jungle Cruise skipper?

A. "How in the world do you BREATHE through that tiny thing?"
:)

averagedork
08-02-2006, 02:40 PM
I do stuff like that. Stupid stuff too. Like on my way to work my brother typically calls me and I bust into "Heigh ho, Heigh ho it's off to work I go with razor..." you get the rest of the song, which is just... I work in Anaheim, I work near Loara, I am allowed to say that.

SactoGuy
08-02-2006, 02:56 PM
everytime one of my friends gets hurt i yell "if your its broken we are going to disneyland..." so that way we can get a wheel cheer and go thru the lines faster =)