PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Restraunt on Downtown Disney?

Napsto
05-25-2001, 09:14 AM
So what is your favorite restraunt on Downtown Disney? Mine is a tie between ESPNZone and Rainforest Cafe. What is your favorite?

Morrigoon
05-25-2001, 10:49 AM
Well, I've only actually eaten at one, LaBrea Bakery, but I have to say that the sandwich I had there (turkey and bacon) was Delish! And you just can't beat the mid-afternoon peoplewatching.

Alex S.
05-25-2001, 11:35 AM
Let's see, I've eaten at

Napoli, Rainforest Cafe, and ESPNZone.

I'll probably never eat at the Jazz Kitchen (no vegetarian options) and hope to try Y Arriba soon. I have little in the House of Blues (I don't care for music).

Of the three I've tried ESPNZone would probably be on top (based entirely on the cheese fries and artichoke dip) and Rainforest Cafe was so bad I would probably go pay $20 to sit at the Jazz Kitchen and go hungry before I'll go back.

Napoli was fine, but nothing special.

cstephens
05-25-2001, 11:40 AM
My favorite at Downtown Disney is the Catal Tapas Bar. I've eaten there twice and thought the food was just terrific. Spicy tuna....mmmmmm. I'm dying to try the restaurant itself, but we haven't been able to do that yet.

I like Rainforest Cafe ok for what it is. Been there twice, going again this weekend.

I tried Y Arriba and was not impressed with it. Can't see going back unless dragged.

Disneyfreak500
05-25-2001, 02:47 PM
Well, let me see. My favorite restaurant was Catal. I also went to the Tapas bar. I actually like them both equally. My second favorite was the Rainforest Cafe. I like themed restaurants better than non-themed one, usually.

adriennek
05-25-2001, 08:03 PM
I've eaten at Naples, Jazz Kitchen, Catal, and Rainforest Cafe. I've also caught pieces of the "show" at Y Arriba. The show left me with no desire to return-- it's just not my "thing."

LOVED Jazz Kitchen. Absolutely LOVED it. That was within the first few weeks of their opening, however, and there was a problem with the bowls (oh, I KNOW the name for them) that they use to make creme brulee. Since Creme Brulee is my very favorite dessert, I was crushed.

LOVED Catal, too!

Adrienne K

lisap
05-25-2001, 08:14 PM
Ramekins? Never heard of a naughty ramekin before ;) ..........

LuvTDL
05-26-2001, 11:45 AM
The only place I've really sat down and eaten at is the House of Blues.. for lunch.. and i had the fried catfish sandwich (I think it was catfish) and my mom had the shrimp po' boy

And the shrimp po' boy was REALLY REALLY GOOD... but the fish was kinda blah...

I wanna try Naples tho! Are the pizzas there really good?

ODV CM
05-26-2001, 10:49 PM
No question the Jazz Kitchen is the best for me, but then, New Orleans is in my blood anyway. If resturants inside of the Grand Californian Hotel count, the Storyteller's Cafe is pretty darn good too.

cstephens
05-27-2001, 01:11 AM
We had dinner at the upstairs Catal Restaurant, and I love it. I'll post a separate topic about our dinner.

Uncle Dick
02-07-2002, 12:38 AM
The Rainforest Cafe is great, IMHO, but then it's the only restaurant in DTD that I've eaten at.