PDA

View Full Version : Monte Cristo - Blue Bayou VS. Cafe Orleans...

annieb727
08-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Hey everyone...Just wondering if there are any differences between the Monte Cristos served at the aforementioned establishments...

Other than at Cafe Orleans they have an all cheese one...

Do you get the same amount? Same jelly? Same taste? I figure the "sides" are different...

Thanks!!

Goosegirl
08-01-2006, 01:16 PM
We just ate at the Cafe Orleans last Monday. DH got the Monte Cristo sandwich, which he has always gotten before at the Blue Bayou. It was still good but he received no sides with it other than the jam. I got the iceburg wedge with the cajun shrimp. It was good but very small for the money. I think the best value was my younger daughter's kids meal. She got the chicken legs with pasta. It was enough for an adult and was only $6.99. I am thinking we will probably not eat at Cafe Orleans again. It was just too expensive for the little bit of food we received.

mulansgirl
08-01-2006, 01:20 PM
I went to the Cafe Orleans and got the three Cheese one and no side comes with it but the size was what I remember from Blue Bayou origonal. I am unsure of the jelly because the waiter that came to our table tried to give my husband the origonal Monte when he actually ordered the blackend chicken salad and the plate with the cheese monte had no Jelly so I asked if I got any Jelly and the waiter took the Jelly off the plate he was going to give my husband and gave it to me. I think the waiter just got our table mixed up with one that actually ordered what was on the tray one regular and one cheese with out jelly. But I am unsure. I thought the menu said both came with the jelly.

adriennek
08-01-2006, 01:26 PM
On July 17 we ate at Cafe Orleans. All four adults ordered Monte Cristos. All of us agreed they were smaller than they were previously at BB.

Adrienne

Andrew
08-01-2006, 01:33 PM
On July 17 we ate at Cafe Orleans. All four adults ordered Monte Cristos.
Did you now. That's so strange. I could have sworn there were "technical difficulties"...

:sniff:

adriennek
08-01-2006, 03:58 PM
Did you now. That's so strange. I could have sworn there were "technical difficulties"...

:sniff:

Not at dinner time.

Had we gone at lunchtime, all five adults would've ordered MCs and said the same thing though.

Adrienne
I'm sorry I made you sniff, Andrwe, but now you can relate...

Andrew
08-01-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm sorry I made you sniff, Andrwe, but now you can relate...
That's okay, we'll call you from Norway in December. :~D [/derail] I can't wait to try the three-cheese MC! We'll be there next in October and I think we have a PS already.

doombuggy driver
08-01-2006, 06:32 PM
What kind of jelly is served with a Monte Cristo?

I Heart Disneyland!
08-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Do they serve the original monte cristo at Cafe Orleans??? The one with meat in it??

Gone2Disneyland
08-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Do they serve the original monte cristo at Cafe Orleans??? The one with meat in it??
Yes. I had it when I went to the Cafe Orleans a couple of weeks ago. No side. And the jelly is like a mixed berry flavor.

Btw, mulansgirl, my friend ordered the three-cheese version at the Cafe Orleans and hers came with jelly.

adriennek
08-02-2006, 06:20 AM
What kind of jelly is served with a Monte Cristo?

Raspberry.

Adrienne