PDA

View Full Version : Club 33 Photos

Pages : [1] 2

Frogberto
08-01-2006, 09:54 AM
At the link you can access by clicking here (http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32774), someone in our group posted pictures from the Club 33 Mouseplanet/MC outing that I hosted. Great pictures of all the detail within and throughout club 33.

Vegitabeta
08-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Great photos:) I wish I could go:( Those desserts look amazing! And the artwork was really nice too.

Frogberto
08-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Yes, and we had a few people from Mousepad there, including Mickey0264 and others. It was a nice time.

Opus1guy
08-01-2006, 10:36 AM
There are so many detailed photos in that thread, that it looks almost like an Insurance Company Inventory! I don't think they missed a doorknob! :)

kandyk
08-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Great photos! I have only been able to see the lobby (Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour) so this is great to see so much more!!!

I have been looking everywhere to find reliable information on the amount it is to join and the annual dues. Does anyone know for sure? Also, how long is the waiting list? I have found different numbers for that as well.

We are on the waiting list, although I don't know if we can really afford it but I am hoping we can by the time our name comes up.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

Osky
08-01-2006, 01:35 PM
I have been looking everywhere to find reliable information on the amount it is to join and the annual dues. Does anyone know for sure?
Didn't you get the information sheet with the prices when you got the form to add yourself to the wait list?

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=614787&postcount=19

Corporate - $20,000 initiation fee; $5,725 annual plus $4,375 annual per additional card issued (up to a max of 9 additional cards)

Limited Company - $10,000 initiation fee; $4,375 annual (only one cardholder allowed)

Gold (individuals) - $7,500 initiation fee; $3,025 annual

Osky
08-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Also, how long is the waiting list? I have found different numbers for that as well.
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=918242&postcount=25

Then, after you get the form sent in, be prepared to wait at least seven years: I'm told that the people who are currently being invited to become members originally got on the list in 1999.

I was told the same by club staff in December.

mckygirl99
08-01-2006, 01:48 PM
Great pics! It gets me excited for my first trip on 8/13! Were the ears for sale? Hopefully they will have some when I am there!

MrsPooh
08-01-2006, 02:11 PM
We are on the waiting list, although I don't know if we can really afford it but I am hoping we can by the time our name comes up.

Where do you go to get on the waiting list? I am sure it has been posted before, but I can't seem to find it.

And, what happens if you can't afford it when the time comes? Do they draw and quarter you? :p ;)

I am not asking for your sake, but my own! ;) :D

Osky
08-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Where do you go to get on the waiting list? I am sure it has been posted before, but I can't seem to find it.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=917982&postcount=24

Write a letter to:

Club 33, Royal Street, New Orleans Square, Disneyland
1313 Harbor Boulevard
PO Box 3232
Anaheim, California 92803

They will then send you the form to fill out, along with some information.

From what I hear, the majority of people who join the wait llist do not join the club.

Opus1guy
08-01-2006, 02:20 PM
From what I hear, the majority of people who join the wait llist do not join the club.

Correct. As I mentioned in another thread last year on this same waitlist subject...the waitlist could be very much shorter than the 7 years they are currently estimating. Of course, it could end up being longer too! ;)

Here's my post from that thread:

A recent long-time reader of my web site finally got his membership a few months ago after a 3yr+7mo wait. But there can be times when the waitlist has jumped to as long as 8 years.

I'm told that pending application numbers are very high at the moment. Someone who applies today, might have a longer than 3 year wait. This is due to some degree to recent published articles on the Club that have peaked interest in memberships. Also...IMHO...due to new management at the Club punching things up. Word gets around. Club 33 is very "hot" right now.

Membership attrition is a hard thing to predict. Three main factors that tend to shake some apples off the tree are:

The Economy: When the economy is sour, a few big cost cutting corporations either drop their memberships altogether, or trim back the number of Corporate Associate cards that are issued by them, to save money. Individual memberships can be effected by this too. This helps free up some spots for new memberships. Of course the reverse is true too. If the economy is good, then Corporate Members tend to expand their memberships, thus increasing the waitlist times.

The Annual Dues: When annual dues go up, there's always some members that feel that the price just isn't worth it for them any longer or is no longer affordable. Resulting in some bow-outs.

The Grim Reaper: Dead members find there is no longer any practical benefit to membership. So they pack it in and move on. ;)

Another factor is waitlist attrition. While it may look like say, a 5 year wait to management...you'd be surprised how many people finally clear the list, but then decide to pass on membership when they do! This is another thing that makes it very hard for the Club to predict true waitlist times.

Osky
08-01-2006, 02:56 PM
I remember reading the transcript of a speech that a club manager gave sometime ago at a Disneyana convention. 10 years maybe? I wish I had the details still. I remember reading that he said attrition was about 10 memberships a year, and they typically send out 50 invites at a time, and typically hear back from 8. Those numbers may be off, but I believe them to be fairly close to what he said.

I Heart Disneyland!
08-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Love it! Someday I hope I will be able to go there!!!

Klutch
08-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Cool. Is it possible to purchase the Club 33 polo shirts outside of the club? (Other than E-Bay.)

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
08-01-2006, 10:56 PM
Cool. Is it possible to purchase the Club 33 polo shirts outside of the club? (Other than E-Bay.)

No. You'd have to have somebody buy one for you that actually can get into the Club. (Hoping that this is accurate and knowing that I am going to get schooled if I am wrong. ;) )

Opus1guy
08-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Is it possible to purchase the Club 33 polo shirts outside of the club? (Other than E-Bay.)

Nope. You need to visit there (or know someone who is that will purchase it for you) to be able to purchase Club 33 merchandise, and for non-Members that pretty much means you have to have a reservation and dine there. They won't even mail-order for the Members. It's strictly Cash & Carry. And no discounts of any kind, even for Cast Members.

Edited to add: ThemeParkAddictOfOC and I must have been posting at the same time there. ;)

Syndrome
08-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Wow, great pics. My wife and I were actually there that day and we'll be adding these pics to our collection. We're actually in the 6th picture down on the 1st page, the one of the lift. You won't be able to see us though because the CM crammed 4 people into that thing - we're the two feet in the back of the lift. :)

DDDB
08-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Doe this mean only cash or will they accept CC? About what price ranges are shirts and hats? Any other info. would be great... thx much!
:confused:

Opus1guy
08-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Doe this mean only cash or will they accept CC? About what price ranges are shirts and hats? Any other info. would be great... thx much!

They'll take your cash or your credit card or even your Disney Dollars. :)

mulansgirl
08-02-2006, 12:55 PM
What happens if you move before they get to your name on the list? forfit? or can you inform them of your new address? maybe in seven to ten years I can afford to join.

Frogberto
08-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Wow, great pics. My wife and I were actually there that day and we'll be adding these pics to our collection. We're actually in the 6th picture down on the 1st page, the one of the lift. You won't be able to see us though because the CM crammed 4 people into that thing - we're the two feet in the back of the lift. :)

Great! I'm glad you could join us that day. Lots of people chose to ride the lift, just because of the novelty, I guess.

Syndrome
08-02-2006, 01:00 PM

We purchased some of the polo shirts there last month and they were around $65 each. ouch!

Luckily they have a lot of free souveneirs though, like all the bathroom and bar napkins! ;)

I Heart Disneyland!
08-02-2006, 01:24 PM
I bought the ears on Ebay. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I collect Mickey ears, and had to have those. That's as close as I will come to being at Club 33...I own ears that were there. ha!

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
08-02-2006, 01:38 PM
What happens if you move before they get to your name on the list? forfit? or can you inform them of your new address? maybe in seven to ten years I can afford to join.

I think that you have to put down a deposit? Opus1guy? I recall $500?

I'm just glad to have friends who are important. ;)

Osky
08-02-2006, 01:39 PM
I think that you have to put down a deposit? Opus1guy? I recall $500?

I'm just glad to have friends who are important. ;)

No deposits. If you move, just mail them a letter telling them about when you put your name on the list, and give them your old and new addresses.