PDA

View Full Version : Some questions re: my upcoming trip

SandraVB79
08-01-2006, 05:03 AM
I will be in Disneyland from August 23-29. Or, that is, I'll be IN the parks from August 24-28, but we'll arrive at the hotel on the 23rd, and will leave again on the 29th.

Can one make reservations for the Rainforest Cafe?

Is it really necessary to make reservations for Cafe Orleans, Carnation Cafe and the Wine Country Trattoria (at DCA), or is it possible to still be seated as a walk-up? We'll be two adults (no need for large table to seat large group).
I guess walk-up at Blue Bayou is virtually impossible? Do they allow you to just go for dessert?

What time is the best to do the Walk in Walt Footsteps tour? Morning or afternoon?

What are the early entree days?

What kind of batteries do those mistler-fans use? Can you change batteries in those things? I'm afraid my mom will suffer big time because of the heat. How hot exactly does it get in California at the end of August?

Thanks in advance.

stan4d_steph
08-01-2006, 06:43 AM
What are the early entree days?See this thread for a lot of information on Early Entry (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=52324&highlight=early+entry+days).

splash
08-01-2006, 08:10 AM
Yes you can make reservations for the RainForest Cafe.

Doofy
08-01-2006, 08:37 AM
It may not be neccessary to make Priority Seating for Cafe Orleans, etc, but I would reccommend it. Last weekend when I was able to get seated at Cafe Orleans in about 5 minutes because of my Priority Seating and people had been waiting outside for about a half hour.

Malcon10t
08-01-2006, 08:57 AM
I will be in Disneyland from August 23-29. Or, that is, I'll be IN the parks from August 24-28, but we'll arrive at the hotel on the 23rd, and will leave again on the 29th.

Can one make reservations for the Rainforest Cafe? Yes, call 714-772-0413.

Is it really necessary to make reservations for Cafe Orleans, Carnation Cafe and the Wine Country Trattoria (at DCA), or is it possible to still be seated as a walk-up? We'll be two adults (no need for large table to seat large group). It is recommended you do, you may be waiting a LONG time otherwise

I guess walk-up at Blue Bayou is virtually impossible? Do they allow you to just go for dessert? Walk up is impossible. And you can make a ressie and just have dessert, but not without a ressie.

What time is the best to do the Walk in Walt Footsteps tour? Morning or afternoon? Depends on weather, I'd say morning if its going to be hot.

What are the early entree days? Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Sat

What kind of batteries do those mistler-fans use? Can you change batteries in those things? I'm afraid my mom will suffer big time because of the heat. How hot exactly does it get in California at the end of August?

Thanks in advance. See bolded answers above.

Vegitabeta
08-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Yes you can make reservations for the RainForest Cafe.
When we went you couldn't, or at least we were told that...

Malcon10t
08-01-2006, 12:15 PM
<< Originally Posted by splash : Yes you can make reservations for the RainForest Cafe.

When we went you couldn't, or at least we were told that...>>

We've made reservations many times. The problem comes up that they stop accepting reservations at a certain point. During very busy times, like Christmas and Summer, this may occur early. They accept reservations a year in advance. So, 2 weeks prior to your date, they may be booked, at which point they will say "We aren't taking reservations". I know I called a month early last year (Christmastime) and couldn't get ressies.

Vegitabeta
08-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Hmm...more than one person told us that 'we don't do reservations here, you just turn up'...we tried booking well before our vacation:confused:

disneyochem
08-01-2006, 05:51 PM
I have made ressies at Rainforest Cafe on a number of occasions. Don't know why you were told you couldn't!?!? In fact, I have reservations for our trip in November. I am a safari member so maybe that's why I can make ressies.....

Malcon10t
08-01-2006, 08:07 PM
I have made ressies at Rainforest Cafe on a number of occasions. Don't know why you were told you couldn't!?!? In fact, I have reservations for our trip in November. I am a safari member so maybe that's why I can make ressies.....
I am a Safari member also, however that hs never been asked when I make ressies.

tonytone
08-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Is it really necessary to make reservations for Cafe Orleans, Carnation Cafe and the Wine Country Trattoria (at DCA), or is it possible to still be seated as a walk-up? We'll be two adults (no need for large table to seat large group). It is recommended you do, you may be waiting a LONG time otherwise

I guess walk-up at Blue Bayou is virtually impossible? Do they allow you to just go for dessert?
Walk up is impossible. And you can make a ressie and just have dessert, but not without a ressie.

Regarding the first question in the above quote--I would normally offer that you might as well make reservations anyways since you have nothing to lose by doing so, since it's not like they ask for your credit card number or other personal info that they could trace back to you, or ask for some form of prepayment in order to hold the reservation--but it would be unfair to make such a suggestion w/o adding that you should do so only if you have every intention of fulfilling that reservation in good faith--otherwise, you'd be taking away a timeslot that some other party could fill.

Regarding the second question above...and more specifically, the response to it--I wouldn't necessarily say that it's impossible, unless you meant to say that it's generally impossible to get a BB walk-up; there are some factors that could determine whether or not you and/or your companion/group might be able to get a BB table simply via walk-up. MOF, I saw this firsthand while our family was waiting on our BB reservation during our visit this past July 4th; in fact--not only did this couple was able to get a walk-up, they actually wound up getting seated before our group even though they showed up after we did! :)