PDA

View Full Version : Blast Leaving In September, Aladdin To Replace

Darkbeer
05-03-2002, 05:26 PM
First off, this thread from MouseInfo.com... the first couple of posts you should ignore, but the third post by Eureka!, and the reply by the infamous Marcie is the meat and potato's... (My goodness, Marcie spreading "rumors" :eek: )

http://www.mouseinfo.com/mousetalk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3860

I have now also seen some BLAST members mention on the discussion boards that the show is ending in September

Uncle Dick
05-03-2002, 06:24 PM
:crying: I wonder why they moved it's departure up from January 2003? Are there any doubts about the show's popularity? Oh well, I guess I'll just have to enjoy the summer…

Morrigoon
05-03-2002, 06:26 PM
UD: I guess they can't stand to have a successful attraction in that park. "If it ain't broke, we aren't trying hard enough" (or some such nonsense)

justagrrl
05-03-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
:crying: I wonder why they moved it's departure up from January 2003? Are there any doubts about the show's popularity? Oh well, I guess I'll just have to enjoy the summer…

The thread goes on to say that it may appear at a different venue...such as the Fantasyland Theater.

MammaSilva
05-03-2002, 07:53 PM
well I'm not counting on anything but if they put blast at the Fantsyland theater it would be the best show they have had in there in recent memory! BUT I think I will be sure to take my video camera this summer i really enjoy the show .....

zapppop
05-03-2002, 09:27 PM
Old news.
Al Lutz mentioned this 1 or 2 months ago.

Here's the link (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4736&highlight=ZAPPPOP+BLAST)

BlastFanatic
05-03-2002, 10:27 PM
The thread goes on to say that it may appear at a different venue...such as the Fantasyland Theater.

Personally, as much as I love the show, I'd HATE to see it go to the fantasyland theater. I mean what are then gonna do? Show it only at night? or build some kind of structure around the outside? Think about it, how can you do the battery battle with the cool blacklight effects while out in bright afternoon sun?!? Also, right before "Bolero" starts you have the awesome sense of mystery while in complete darkness with those purple lights scanning the audience. What I'm really trying to say is lighting is key in this show and if your showing Blast! out in the middle of the day then it just wouldn't work. Especially while sitting on those awful bench seats! I just hope Blast! leaves like it is now and doesn't go so low as to play in the Fantasyland theater.

Uncle Dick
05-04-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by justagrrl

That really makes little or no sense. They've already got the setup at the Hyperion Theater and I'm sure the facilities are much more appropriate for a production of BLAST's magnitude. Unless this new Aladdin show is some kind of huge, whiz-bang, jaw-dropping production, I don't see why it wouldn't just go into the Fantasyland Theater itself. There's just no logic to moving BLAST!… unless they're trying to drive people from DCA over to Disneyland. :rolleyes:

BlastFanatic
05-04-2002, 08:14 AM
I think instead of putting Aladdin in the Hyperion, they should show a shortened version of Blast! II: Shockwave. eh? eh?;) But I know that it will definitely not happen. I'm also thinkin about boycotting Aladdin? Anyone with me? I mean don't they already have a show in DL over by the Jungle Cruise? Who really wants 2 Aladdin shows?

justagrrl
05-04-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by BlastFanatic
I mean don't they already have a show in DL over by the Jungle Cruise? Who really wants 2 Aladdin shows?

Which brings to mind this question: What will happen to the Aladdin show at Disneyland if they do Aladdin at DCA? Would they have 2? Or would the one at Dland disappear...and what, if anything, would appear in it's place?

LIMANDL4EVA
05-04-2002, 11:51 AM
i think they can addord to keep the disneyland version of aladdin where it is, i think that its on a small enough scale not to interfere with the alddin show at DCA, but it aladdins oasis were at a LARGER scale then i think it would be kinda weird to have 2 larger aladdin shows at both the parks
by the way, is aladdins oasis worth seeing, ive never been there

Uncle Dick
05-04-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by LIMANDL4EVA
by the way, is aladdins oasis worth seeing, ive never been there
It's a great show, filled with all sorts of "adult-humor" that many of the other shows in Disneyland lack. And that Jasmine ain't too bad either. ;)

The one question I have about this Aladdin show is "Why?" Why Aladdin? It's not exactly on the cutting edge of Disney productions. Or is this going to be some sort of "10th anniversary" tie-in?

ChipmunkStar
05-04-2002, 03:46 PM
OK, Hi, I'm a newbie to these boards (first post, yipee!), but I have been lurking around for a while, and I thought this would be an appropriate place for myself to jump in.

I work at the resort, if you'd like to know where, PM me :)
But with my job at the resort, I can tell you this much:

#1~ If (which shoud not be happening anyime soon) Blast! were to leave, It would leave. They have already run tests at the Fantasyland Theater, and the acoustics there were found to be HORRIBLE.

#2~ If Aladdin were to have a new show in DCA, Aladdin and Jasmine ould take up residence in theHyperion. I don't think Carpet would be too fond of flying back and forth from each park every 10 minutes so that Al and Jas could do two shows at different parks.

#3~ I love Blast! and the Aladdin and Jasmine's Stoytae Advntures. Its an intimate venue, and the Meet and greet is great and controlled so everyone can get a chance to meet the Stars. I really hope things stay the same for a long time to come (or at least until 2003! ;) )

Darkbeer
05-07-2002, 10:48 AM
Marcie has just placed another long reply about the new Aladdin show on the same thread..... She talks about Ms. Hamburger's ego, and why that might be a good thing for the Aladdin show... plus she mentions me:eek:

hbquikcomjamesl
05-07-2002, 12:30 PM
Looked at the thread on the other board. Hmm. Definitely sorry to see it go, but at least I have the DVD of the full show.

Actually, the most remarkable things about the thread are (1) there are actually people over there who don't like Blast, and even more remarkably, (2) there are actually people over there who liked "Waste of Time." (Not to mention one individual who, judging by his/her screen name, must have actually been a fan of "Superstar Lemon.")

hairboy079
05-07-2002, 07:34 PM
Being new to the board, I have one question: WHERE DO YOU GUYS (AND LADIES) GET ALL OF YOUR RUMORS??? I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW THESE THINGS! Please reply, lol. Good night (10:42 my time and a religion unit test tomorrow! must fly)

GoldenEars
05-07-2002, 10:12 PM
For starters, I really enjoy BLAST and find the show to be very entertaining and highly energetic. Not to mention many of the guys in the show are absolutely dripping with cuteness!:D

However, the Hyperion Theatre is really meant for a lavish stage production. A completely, full on, singing & dancing show that will fully capture the audience attention and have them walking out with a great feeling inside. Knowing that their 30 minutes was not a waste of time. (hey, wasn't that a name of a past show? oh wait, that was called, steps in time, sorry!:p )

So, I say KUDOS to *Aladdin* and hope they do it up as big as I've been hearing. It could prove to be an AWESOME show and something that theatre could really use! I mean, BLAST was a terrific replacement for STEPS, but now let's get something in there that can really blow the minds of everyone!

Besides, *Aladdin* will probably host a lot of cute guys in the show. And who doesn't like seeing a bunch of cute guys singing and dancing on stage. OK, OK, the straight guys don't, LOL!!

And just as a side bar in regard to BLAST being at the Fantasyland Theatre. This is what I heard from a strong source of mine. They will keep MDS there through the summer, and then have the stage go dark until the holidays. At which time, they'll bring back Minnie's Christmas Party (which I really liked). Then in the beginning of 2003, they'll bring back a special showing of BLAST. And by *special* I mean, it won't be like what we have now. They'll play all Disney tunes and change the style of the show centered around that...perhaps have Disney characters in it for the kids and the kids at heart. But like anything with Disney, nothing is in stone until it actually happens!

And before I close...I just have to say what a total sweetheart Martin is, from BLAST! Not only is he really cute with a winning smile, but he's so darn nice too! And yes, my picture with him came out so nice!:D

See you all at the Park!!

Patrick

Uncle Dick
05-07-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by DsneNut
Then in the beginning of 2003, they'll bring back a special showing of BLAST. And by *special* I mean, it won't be like what we have now. They'll play all Disney tunes and change the style of the show centered around that...perhaps have Disney characters in it for the kids and the kids at heart. But like anything with Disney, nothing is in stone until it actually happens!

Considering Disney doesn't produce BLAST!, I'm assuming that this production will be "BLAST!-like" but wholly unrelated to the actual Star of Indiana company. Unless SoI has decided to make a Disneyfied version just for the Mouse.

And before I close...I just have to say what a total sweetheart Martin is, from BLAST! Not only is he really cute with a winning smile, but he's so darn nice too! And yes, my picture with him came out so nice!:D
You know, I'm not into guys, but I have to admit that Martin has an incredible presence, especially during Lemontech when he's alone on stage and rises, and turns and points at the audience. Love that part.

bluepearl
05-07-2002, 11:33 PM
All this is very interesting. I'm curious to see how the new show will pan out.

I have to say that Blast is an awesome show, even though it hasn't been the same for me for a few months. Hopefully the Aladdin show doesn't disappoint.

And FINALLY! I know who Martin is. :lol: I've seen some discussion about his performance on another board but never knew who he was!

cyberRoo
05-08-2002, 11:33 AM
For those of you anticipating withdrawl symptoms already, the blast web site indicates that the full touring version will be back in LA in September at Royce Hall. I couldn't find a listing on the UCLA site, or ticketmaster, but thought it was good to know.

ldsguy
05-09-2002, 10:03 AM
Well, yes last I heard is that it is official that Blast will be leaving in Spetember, as they are going to want the Theatre ready from Aladdin by the Holiday time, they are putting $5 million into it and not even putting in restrooms, but I am told that the Aladdin show is supposed to be an excellent show and yes, if Disney can not worm thier way out of the contract they will put Blast in the Fantasyland Thatre, but they would need to do a lot of work on the Aucoutics there to handle it.

BlastFanatic
05-09-2002, 08:45 PM
show that will fully capture the audience attention and have them walking out with a great feeling inside. Knowing that their 30 minutes was not a waste of time.

uhm....I felt that way after seeing Blast! except it was more than just a great feeling. Also, I think the 45 MIN. are not a waste of time :)

now let's get something in there that can really blow the minds of everyone!

"Battery Battle" already pretty much covered that too...OH! and Malaguena! You can't beat those brass instruments blowing your eardrums out! :D