PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resort Express Bus

rosie
07-31-2006, 03:17 PM
Has anyone used the DL express bus from LAX to Anaheim hotels? There has been no user reviews thus far and I'm curious....

kandyk
07-31-2006, 03:30 PM
I have not used it from LAX but I have from SNA and I will not be using it again. It took us forever to leave, the driver was having some serious problems with the wheelchair lift and was not very friendly at all and didn't let us know what was going on!!! Our AAA agent said that it drops off guests first at GCH, than Disneyland Hotel and finally Paradise Pier. She was wrong, the Disneyland Hotel is first, than Paradise Pier and finally GCH. Because of a time constraint we didn't even use it on the way back to the airport. I will be using a taxi next time.

rosie
07-31-2006, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up....

landj
07-31-2006, 05:59 PM
I have used it before( 4 times) & have used the shuttle vans as well and I prefer the comfort of the Express bus. I have never had a problem. In fact the last time when we had to go from our hotel to lax we were the only ones on the whole bus.
Yes it stops at the DLH for payment etc & then we went to GCH then PP then hotels on Katella directly after( which is where we were), not sure the route after.

annieb727
08-01-2006, 11:09 AM
I'll be using it next month...so I'll be sure to post a review when i get back.

Darkbeer
08-01-2006, 11:30 AM
You can save $3 a person round trip with this coupon...

http://www.airportbus.com/coupons.cfm

Vegitabeta
08-01-2006, 12:02 PM
We did once. It was ok, except the driver dropped some people off at the hotel before ours, took our cases out with theirs, and left them on the sidewalk and nearly drove off! Good job I was on the right side of the bus! Stupid man.

rosie
08-01-2006, 07:34 PM
You can save $3 a person round trip with this coupon...

http://www.airportbus.com/coupons.cfm

Thanks!

mommy-san
08-02-2006, 06:43 AM
We stayed at HOJO- there we were the last dropped off on the run, and the first picked up on the way to the airport. Added about 30 minutes to an already long trip. Was HOT and stuffy on the bus too. No seat belts for our toddlers car seat. I had to hold a 1 year old on my lap- after she'd been on a plane for 4.5 hours and in a stroller for about 2+. NOT fun.

wingsong
08-02-2006, 10:13 AM
We used it on our trip in December, and found it fine, comfortable, and on time. We're using it again on our next trip. We were first to be dropped off after the resort hotels on our way to Disney, and very first to be picked up on our way back to LAX.

I'm sorry the last poster had to struggle with her toddler, but are there buses with seatbelts? I guess with little ones the shuttles (I assume the vans have seatbelts) or taxis would be the way to go.

robsmustang
08-02-2006, 11:04 AM
I have used it on my last 2 trips, and found it works great if you don't mind leaving for the airport a little early. now if they could only make lax a little more intresting.

disneyhound
08-02-2006, 05:45 PM
We used the bus several years back, we prefer the shuttle vans. The thing we didn't enjoy about it was the stop at the bus depot. It was just off the freeway next to DL. We could see the park, and sat in the bus for 20 minutes while someone collected the fares. Another dissapointment was that we were staying at the Tropicanna right across the street, but spent another 20 minutes driving from hotel to hotel until our stop. This was my DD first trip, and she was dying to get off the bus!

The next year, we took the bus again from LAX, we were staying right across the street from DL once again, but this time I asked the driver to drop us off at the bus stop at the DL entrance, so we could walk across to our hotel. That made us the first drop-off; much better. We have asked to be dropped at the bus-stop from the shuttle van drivers also... Got to get to the park!

DrewR
09-14-2006, 07:58 AM
Hello all, we are going to DLR in early Dec. and are flying this time!! :) (It's a long drive from New Mexico.) Does anyone have any experience with the Disneyland Resort Express buses?? I looked at their website and could get some basics but..... We are staying at the PPH and are flying into LAX.

Thanks!!

stan4d_steph
09-14-2006, 08:21 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the Disneyland Resort Express buses?I merged your thread with a recent one posing the same question. There are some responses above.

DrewR
09-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Thank you all very much! That was very helpful...

Rockchalker
09-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Has anyone used the DL express bus from LAX to Anaheim hotels? There has been no user reviews thus far and I'm curious....

We were planning on using the DL Express Shuttle for our 6 day trip last Feb. However, I did comparisons with a couple of car rental places and found a full size car for under $100 with taxes (I think Alamo) from LAX. I think this is slightly more than the shuttle for 3 of us. (If you rent direct from the car rental website you do not normally have to pre-pay or guarantee with a credit card.) We were still considering the DL shuttle until it went by as we were waiting for our luggage. So we got the car and were so glad that we did! It was so much more convenient if a child gets sick and you need to Walgreens, you need to go to Target for Moleskins and snacks, or you are craving In N Out Burgers. Also, we got to spend additional time at the park on our last day because we did not have to cater to the DL Express schedule.

brerbear77
09-14-2006, 02:54 PM
I would use it over Super Shuttle. I have never had any thing but bad luck with SS, especially from LAX. I have had to stop at people's homes, schools, etc. and taken so long. I will only use the Airport bus because it goes directly to DL. Good luck

coleland
09-14-2006, 05:13 PM
what is the average price for a taxi one-way from SNA to the GCH? I am trying to find out if it's comparable with the bus.

Also, I thought I read a recommendation once on a limo - does anyone have one and can give me a ballpark price?

Darkbeer
09-14-2006, 09:25 PM
A taxi one way from either John Wayne (aka Orange County or Santa Ana) or Long Beach is about $35 plus tip (ask for the Flat rate).

A taxi from LAX or Ontario is closer to $80 minimum, and usually over $100 due to traffic delays.

kiwifuz
09-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Have you contemplated getting a rental car on Priceline or Hotwire? Not sure what deals are out there for when you'll be at DL, but it is worth a try. Especially since your resort fee already includes parking anyway.