PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report 7/27-7/28 [Very Long]

Sub Maniak
07-31-2006, 01:34 PM
7/26-Arrival at Paradise Pier Hotel at 11:30

7/27- We started at DCA and rode GRR two times. Then we went to Aladdin which was highly disapointing. There was no magic carpet and the genie said all the same old jokes. Then we went to Hollywood Pictures backlot and it was really filled. I hope it doesn't have any placemaking The park was really crowded. Finally, we went to the sourdough and mission factories. They are in my opinion the only good part of the bay area. Then we went to Disneyland. We saw Remember from Plaza Inn. It was disapointing that the lazer effects didn't win. It seemed to get a louder applause than usual. We finished off the night with Pirates.

7/28- We started at Disneyland and rode Space Mountain twice with fastpasses. It seems that the crowds have died down. We then went into Fantasyland. It was really chaming and pleasant. We then went and saw Rose a.k.a. the bride in the Haunted Mansion. I noticed a rotten wedding cake next to her. We saw the pirates show. This time Jack was on hand. He sang along with the pirates. It was really cute when they sang the song " Captain Jack Sparrow". When people asked Jack to sign autographs he handed them to the other pirates. He left when they beagan to sing the reary "It'a A Small World" song. We then checked out Critter Country, saw the Three haeds in pooh and when I was looking around, I noticed a sign saying Teddi Beara's Swinging Arcade on the second floor of the building that housed it. We then went to DCA and went to Paradise Pier. We rode a few rides. I agree that it needs a bit of placemaking. Checked out the future site of Midway Mania and we were back to Disneyland. We checked out Fantasmic! which recieved thunderous applause. Then after a few more rides we rode Jungle Cruise. I notced the family of baboons removed from the African Velt scene had been placed by the trashed safari camp. I also noticed that the Trader Sam figure had once again gotten a different face. I liked the comical masked one better. We took our last look at Disneyland: The first 50 years for the final time. We enjoyed it. I think it was better than Lincon. Then it was time to go back to the hotel and say goodbye to the 50th forever. We left in the morning.

That's pretty much it!:p