PDA

View Full Version : Aurora's Breakfast at Dawn - Precious Moments Event - October 7, 2006

cstephens
07-31-2006, 01:32 PM
Quite a few Precious Moments events have been held at WDW, but they're apparently doing one for left-coasters. Disneygallery.com has information about a Precious Moments event on October 7, 2006 (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/dlpreciousmoments.html). If you click on the link on the page, you'll get to more information about event packages, merchandise and product release info. Reservations will be taken starting August 14.

mckygirl99
07-31-2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the info! Since I am local I can do the "Merriweather" package which isn't bad at all and it's on a Saturday. YEAH!!!:D

emilousmom
07-31-2006, 09:57 PM
Awww, so pretty! MY daughter is a princess freak, too bad I am jobless,lol. Oh well, maybe someday on ebay or they will sell them in the park after this event??

Does anyone know if people going can buy an extra one of these only? And if so , anyone going want to buy an extra one for me,lol.

Anyways, it is too cute and I really hope this means that there is a theme of princess ones coming out now! That would be cool!

Ang

AVP
08-01-2006, 06:15 AM
Anyways, it is too cute and I really hope this means that there is a theme of princess ones coming out now! That would be cool!The Aurora piece is a Disneyland exclusive, but there are three other Princess pieces being released into the general line: Cinderella (due 9/15), Snow White (due 11/15) and Ariel (due 11/15). I was up at the Precious Moments showroom in LA this weekend, and they had samples of all of them on display. There is also a Disney Wedding piece (due 9/15) and a little boy with Tigger (due 11/15).

AVP

cstephens
08-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Hmmm, Ariel, huh? I have a "Little Mermaid" inclined friend who might be interested in that.

On the merchandise page of the event link, (http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x53581f1a0&varPage=location) there are pictures of some of the other non-event figures that AVP mentions.

emilousmom
08-01-2006, 03:16 PM
OMG stop putting these links up! You are causing my OCD to go into overdrive, I am trying to figure out how to get the Cinderella ones now!!!!!!! That one will be available to the public?? The one with the girl dressed as Cinderella?????? on Sept 2nd right? The Castle one is an exclusive to people that goto the party? OMG, my mind hurts, how will I do this!!!

Ang

AVP
08-01-2006, 05:41 PM
I am trying to figure out how to get the Cinderella ones now!!!!!!! That one will be available to the public?? The one with the girl dressed as Cinderella?????? Inhale.

Exhale.

Repeat as necessary. :D

ALLLLLLL Precious Moments retailers in the United States can order and sell the following figures shown on that page:

"Magically Ever After"
"The Wonderful Thing 'Bout Tiggers"
and
"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

PLUS the ones that I mentioned above that are not listed - the Snow White and Ariel pieces. I've had them on order for my store for months now, and I can't wait to get them.

"A World of My Own" - Sleeping Beauty Castle
and
"A World of My Own" - Cinderella's Castle
are theme park exclusives.

I have to admit that I didn't know about
"There's Magic in the Ears"
and
"When You Wish Upon A Star"

I am going to assume for now that they are also theme park exclusives, even though they are not marked as such, but I've got a call into my Precious Moments sales rep so she can confirm.

Adrienne

emilousmom
08-01-2006, 10:16 PM
so you will be selling these on your site? Okay, I will check often, like 10 times a day,lol. No really, thank you so much for the info!

And from what I understand, you are saying that the castle ones are going to be at the park- and I don't have to attend the special event, it just means that I will get them early and make sure I get them.

Man, I need a 12 step program for this. My kid could care less if she had them all.

Ang

AVP
08-03-2006, 03:55 PM
OK, so, here's today's version of The Scoop:

"Magically Ever After"
"The Wonderful Thing 'Bout Tiggers"
and
"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"
will start shipping to authorized retailers on September 15th, two weeks before the Disneyland event.

"There's Magic in the Ears"
and
"When You Wish Upon A Star"
were not supposed to be announced yet, and are not supposed to be released until NEXT year. So now the question is: "will Disneyland actually have these in October or not?" Supposedly they aren't even in production yet.

I'll report back when I know more!

AVP

emilousmom
08-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Thank you for keeping me updated,lol. I am liek an addict and your are my dealer,lol. I swear I need help! The only one I want is the "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" so that makes me happy to hear soon!

Of course I would love the castle ones but I will just have to pray I can get out there again.

Ang

Rockchalker
08-03-2006, 07:07 PM
The Aurora piece is a Disneyland exclusive, AVP

Aurora's is my DD favorite Princess. How do I get one of these if I will not be visiting until February? And I will be less than 10 days away from delivering my DS so there is no way I can travel.

AVP
09-11-2006, 05:11 PM
For those who have been waiting, it appears that Disneyland has decided to offer several of these pieces - including both the Walt Disney World and Disneyland versions of "A World of My Own" - for sale immediately instead of waiting a month for the event and official release.

AVP

cstephens
09-13-2006, 05:46 PM
For those who have been waiting, it appears that Disneyland has decided to offer several of these pieces - including both the Walt Disney World and Disneyland versions of "A World of My Own" - for sale immediately instead of waiting a month for the event and official release.

AVP

OK, that's bizarre. I saw them in the cases this weekend and just figured they were display pieces. Do you know why they're doing this?

If I was going to the event, I think I'd be pretty ticked off. Guess I won't mention this to my friend who's going to the DL event...

AVP
09-13-2006, 07:24 PM
OK, that's bizarre. I saw them in the cases this weekend and just figured they were display pieces. Do you know why they're doing this?

If I was going to the event, I think I'd be pretty ticked off. Guess I won't mention this to my friend who's going to the DL event...Technically the release date for some of the pieces was September 15th, so they aren't really exactly even all that early. (Although Disney said the release date was the 2nd, which I thought was just the usual Disney "early release" priority). But the CMs I asked said they were a little surprised to walk in one morning and have the pieces there and available for open sale.

I'm waiting for my shipment of the September pieces to get here - I heard they were shipping, so I'm expecting them this week.

I can't speak to the park exclusives, or the park early introductions (the two holiday pieces, which apparently won't be available to retail until next year) I guess the benefit of attending the event is that you get the pieces signed, although I hope they reserve enough to have on hand AT the event. I would be ticked if I got there and couldn't get them signed because they'd already been on sale for a month.

AVP

AVP
09-16-2006, 12:05 AM
Figured out what I was missing in all of this - the WDW event was September 2nd. AND, I found out that the pieces being released at the DLR event should have an event backstamp that is not on the pieces currently being sold.

AVP