PDA

View Full Version : What Happened In Tomorrowland?!

awinner
05-03-2002, 03:29 PM
I was watching the tv..and they said there was an incident today at the park. people complained of a pepperlike smell that was an irritant...they had to closed part of tomorrowland down for about 2 hours...any info? anyone there today that could elaborate?

tabacco
05-03-2002, 03:33 PM
could be someone sprayed pepper spray on some surface?

awinner
05-03-2002, 03:37 PM
I think this took place inside "Honey I shrunk the audience"

Hyperboy
05-03-2002, 03:38 PM
Check the news page for a brief article on this.

Uncle Dick
05-03-2002, 06:16 PM
Well, at least the next time I'm working bag check, and someone asks why we don't allow aerosol cans in, I'll have something to tell them...

I was at the park, briefly, at about 6 and didn't hear anything.

PhilMP
05-04-2002, 12:18 AM
From my rumor mill, I heard some stupid punk girl was spraying mace or pepper spray from the upper part of the Space Mountain queue, from the upstairs area where you could look down and see people loading onto the ride.

However, that is only a rumor, though I was suspicious when I saw news helicopters circling over the park.

Phil

Techie7
05-04-2002, 12:19 AM
Between 2 and 3:00 when I was arriving at the park I could see the helocopters hovering over the park. From a discussion with a cast member he said that it occured in HISTA. They had to evac the area and paramedics were called out. During the spiel before the doors open to HISTA someone had used pepper spray. Its late... but I thought I would write what I was told from a castmember who was involved.

MouseWife
05-04-2002, 08:49 AM
I personally would not be adverse to emptying my pockets into a bowl, like at the airport. And I would go for what ever measures they deem necessary.

I know it would take time but for the peace of mind inside the park and the avoidance of any problems, go for it.

It is just sad that some people have such malicious intent and no concern for others.

I am glad that no one was hurt, is that right?