PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland advice, please.

Okwit2000
07-28-2006, 11:29 AM
So my family and i are going to Disneyland in 4 days (August 2-6) and I am BEYOND excited. :D

We are no strangers to Dineyland, we go once a year, but that will all be changing soon. This is the last time my whole family (parents, 4 brothers and I) will be there together. My older brother will be starting college this year, and i will start the year after that.

To make this short, I want this to be the best DL trip we have ever experienced.

So I'm looking for everybody's best tips, tricks, secrets, advice, and traditions you may have with your families. Hopefully they will make my trip even better!

Thx everyone!:)

Lekta
07-28-2006, 12:39 PM
If you haven't already done this, I would suggest having a nice family dinner at the Rainforest Cafe one evening. We went for the first time last year and had a great meal with excellent drinks!! Mai Tai for the win!!

bradk
07-28-2006, 12:48 PM
i think your best bet is to start reading trip reports to get an idea of what people have done there.

i'll point you to my last trip report because i set out to do that. spent 5 days just trying to do everything i could.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=56674

lauramaynot
07-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Take lots of Pictures! Definately have a family photo taken in front of the castle, or train station (which ever you prefer;) it could be the last family photo you get for a long time) Also consider the Fantasmic! Balcony or riverfront dessert buffet. It costs $50 per person but is a memorable experiance. Also I would try to take things a little bit slower and enjoy your family. Sometimes you get caught up in getting those fastpasses or finding a good spot for a show...the real "magic" at disneyland always happens when you are least expecting it. Have a great time.

Susan L
07-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Difinately take lots of pictures. Make a list list of the one special thing that everyone individually wants to do and make a day of doing all those things. I also agree with the dining at the RFC great family atmosphere. After it is all over with take all those pictures and make a scrapbook for everyone for birthday or holiday presents.

ferliemom
07-29-2006, 08:41 AM
Hi,

I agree- LOTS of photos!
Make sure to pose for the really goofy ones-- you know, with hats, with characters, in Toontown, the whole 9 yards.

I am a married adult, and yet the best DL trip I ever had was with my parents and brother as adults, a few years back. It was like going back in time to being kids again, we just had so much fun.

We played in the water. We bought our Splash Mountain picture (and went on about 4 times, trying to get it "just right"). We sat and watched the parades and ate ice cream on the curb. We bought mouse ears. We made sure to go on the rides that were our favorite as kids, and the whole time we walked around cracking up and saying "remember when... "
Great fun!

Have a GREAT time!! :p
FM

Nancy
07-29-2006, 09:59 AM
Have the cast members take a picture of your family members on all of your favorite rides. Buy the Splash drop shot too. Some picture ideas could be in the log waiting to launch on Splash, in the canoe ride, on the boat in the Jungle cruise, maybe even manning the wheel on the Mark Twain, riding in the front on Monorail. Go behind the shops to the stairs in the garden area of New Orleans Square. (We take pictures there every year. I love to see how we've grown!!) A scrap book for everyone for Christmas is a great idea.
Have a wonderful time.

Gone2Disneyland
07-29-2006, 10:25 AM
All the picture suggestions here makes me wonder if your family has a favorite group photo or two from past trips that you should reshoot when you vacation this year, so you can see the changes to the park in the background as well as the changes to the family. Before-and-after, you know. Have a great trip.

Gone2Disneyland
07-29-2006, 10:30 AM
Also consider the Fantasmic! Balcony or riverfront dessert buffet. It costs $50 per person but is a memorable experiance.
Just fyi - I've yet to go myself, but my friend just went this past Thursday night and she said she paid $59 to view it from the balcony. She's in her 60's and it was her first time viewing it from there. She said that since she was sitting and there was no long wait to get to watch it, it was her best time enjoying F! You're only trouble if you decide to go is getting reservations for all of you at this late time.