PDA

View Full Version : Club 33 Footwear Question

Candy Chase
07-27-2006, 01:56 PM
:fez: I just got a call from my best friend :fez:
Hell has frozen over and I have died an gone to Disneyland!
:D We have a lunch reservation for Club 33 this Saturday! :D
It is my first trip to Club 33 and I will be sporting my best Disneyland and Mickey bling as usual, but can anyone tell me if they have any issues with my wearing flip flops? Not the plastic kind, but nice black leather ones. Or I could wear my gold glitter Disneyland 50th ones, a bit flashy for daytime! I hate real shoes, (the kind with toes) but will make the sacrifice for this lunch!

Frogberto
07-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Although I used to see people consistently wear a jacket and nice pants and shoes (or even a dress) when I started going to Club 33 in 1995, I'd have to say you should be fine.

Disneyland is a tourist spot, and the dress code seems to depend more on who you go with (your group, if you will), than anything that the Club would ever enforce. They see all types of dress there.

Is it the leather that makes flip flops dressy? I didn't know that. ;)

Candy Chase
07-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Is it the leather that makes flip flops dressy? I didn't know that. ;)

LOL!! In So. Cal. it does!! Leather flip flops are a fashion staple and always an elegant fashion statment! They are equally at home at a State dinner or Walmart. Especially with a bedazzled "Git-R-Done" tank top! :cool:

alfredo212
07-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Ive been to club 33 in summer 04 and the dress code is not super dressy. There was around 20 or so in our group. We all varied from shorts and tank tops to regular tennis shoes and flip flops. Don't stress it...it is Disneyland after all. The customer is always right. Whatever you plan to wear in the park is fine in there. Enjoy. You must take a look in the stall in the ladies restroom, those who have been there will know what Im talking about.

RockDoc07
07-27-2006, 05:36 PM
Candy, if your friend is a member, then I would just call that person and find out what the dress code is. The people at Club 33 have most likely given that information to their members.

I know that I am a member at a members club that Club 33 sounds a lot like, and I know they usually don't allow open-toed shoes to be worn in the club.

Disneyland hotels and restaurants do say they are all resort casual, and my fiancee and I sat at the Napa Rose chef's table in short sleeves and shorts, but you never know what rules Club 33 might pull for themselves. This of course comes from someone with really no knowledge of the situation over there whatsoever, but I would say the simplest thing to do would be to just call your friend and ask.

Doc

Opus1guy
07-27-2006, 05:42 PM
This post by awinner just the other day outlines Club 33's Dress Guidelines pretty well. I believe it's almost verbatim from the Member's Guide:

The appropriate dress code for Club 33 is as follows: fashionable casual attire (e.g. nice shirt, polo shirt, shorts) is acceptable for lunch. Jeans are acceptable, provided they are not extremely faded or torn. Club 33 requests at least business casual attire (e.g. collared shirt and long pants) for dinner for both men and women. No tank tops, sweats, beachwear, halter tops, or flip flops at any time. Please adhere to this dress code. Club 33 understands that guests may spend the day in the Park, but lockers are available on Main Street to store your evening wear.

Hope that helps.

nocaldznygrl
07-27-2006, 06:08 PM
Thank you Opus!

The last time I was there they actually gave a gentleman a Club 33 polo to wear while he was there, because he had on a ratty old t-shirt with holes in it. He was not aware of a dress code. They will remind the member about the dress code if their invited guests show up in "very" casual clothing. They are very kind about it, but firm in their stance. Just about everything gets back to the member if they are displeased with the attire or conduct of the guest.
So, if you are invited to dine there, dress comfortably, but nicely and mind your manners :)

Candy Chase
07-28-2006, 10:28 AM
:fez: Thank you all for the input! :fez:
I am off to buy some new shoes with toe coverage! Yikes, this might ruin my standing in the community! I promise not to put my elbows on the table, chew with my mouth closed and everything!

rjasmine
07-28-2006, 10:45 AM
I'm fairly certian that the no tanktops/halter/flipflops is only for evening. I was there in October last year for lunch and although I think our group was in sneaker/sandals for the most part, some of us were definitely in tank tops and it was not a problem in the slightest. Everyone in the club was casual....mostly families obviously at Disneyland for the day in normal disneyland attire. I've never been for dinner, but it sounds like they only expect people to bring a change of clothes and use the lockers for dinner attire.

hbquikcomjamesl
07-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Hmm. "No halter tops." Does that mean that halter-neck evening gowns are out as well?

stan4d_steph
07-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Hmm. "No halter tops." Does that mean that halter-neck evening gowns are out as well?Yes.

TTFN92
07-28-2006, 11:09 PM
Why do you have to do for closed toe shoes? Why not a dressy pair of sandals, perhaps with a heel?

Opus1guy
07-29-2006, 09:41 AM
By "flip-flops" I think they mean the traditional old-style beachwear type thing.

I don't think they'd ever have a problem with more stylish open-toed footwear.

hbquikcomjamesl
07-30-2006, 06:26 AM
At the same time, though, IMHO, the various and sundry thong-type evening sandals, particularly those with high heels and/or beading, sequins, rhinestones, &c., are pure unadulterated equine scat, and just about the only sort of thong sandals that ever could be suitable for evening wear would be (maybe) a really dressy (and absolutely authentic) pair of Japanese zori or geta. With or without a pair of equally authentic Japanese tabi.

IMHO, if footgear cannot be reasonably worn with some sort of hosiery, without looking either unduly casual, or like the visual equivalent of some absurdly mixed metaphor, it's not suitable for evening wear, and is (at most) beachwear pretending to be evening wear.

JookyG
07-30-2006, 10:54 AM
I miss the days when people were respectable enough to actually dress up to go to a fancy restaurant. Shorts, tank tops and flip flops at Club 33??? Sheesh! I don't care what time of day it is, the wait staff are still dressed to the nines, and the decor is no less elegant during the day. It's a 5-star restaurant for crying out loud. What's next? People wearing flip flops to meet the president?

Instead of trying to see what's the most casual attire you can get away with, why not make an event of it and find something classy to wear? If you can't make it back to your hotel room before your reservation, the lockers on Main Street are a great place to stash a dressy outfit. This is Walt Disney's private dinner club after all, lunch or dinner.

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
07-30-2006, 11:33 AM
I miss the days when people were respectable enough to actually dress up to go to a fancy restaurant. Shorts, tank tops and flip flops at Club 33??? Sheesh! I don't care what time of day it is, the wait staff are still dressed to the nines, and the decor is no less elegant during the day. It's a 5-star restaurant for crying out loud. What's next? People wearing flip flops to meet the president?

Instead of trying to see what's the most casual attire you can get away with, why not make an event of it and find something classy to wear? If you can't make it back to your hotel room before your reservation, the lockers on Main Street are a great place to stash a dressy outfit. This is Walt Disney's private dinner club after all, lunch or dinner.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Can you be my date next time? ;)

JookyG
07-30-2006, 11:45 AM
You took the words right out of my mouth. Can you be my date next time? ;)

Heck yeah! I'll even wear a jacket :) But uh...can you get us in?? I don't have a membership.

wardkimballfan
07-30-2006, 12:36 PM
The following dress code should be enforced for all Disneyland guests at all times:

Acceptable Attire for Disneyland -

* Males: Shirts with collars; suits; sports coats; dress shirts with ties; polo shirts; dress slacks, casual cotton slacks (no jeans or dungarees); leather shoes; and socks.
* Females: Dresses; casual or summer skirts; blouses; slacks; capris; skorts; blouses with dress slacks or skirts;and closed-toe shoes.

Shorts, tank tops, ball caps, cowboy hats, etc., are not permitted. Bathing suits/trunks are not permitted. No mini skirts. Bare midriffs are not acceptable.

No facial hair.
No long hair on men (crewcuts and flattops are preferred; Brylcreem or hair tonic should be used otherwise, but not in excessive amounts).
Long hair on women should be appropriately styled and coiffed.
No excessive makeup.
No visible tattoos or body jewelry.
Proper hygiene must be maintained.

No exceptions.

Proper attire for Club 33 as follows:

* Males - Tuxedoes, top hats, capes, cane, patent leather shoes.
* Females - Ball gowns, hoop skirts, feather boas, mid-size dress heels, appropriate headwear. Decolletage must not distract.

Opus1guy
07-30-2006, 01:20 PM
The following dress code should be enforced for all Disneyland guests at all times:

The scary part about the above is that I can remember when much of that was true!

:)

Malcon10t
07-30-2006, 03:36 PM
The scary part about the above is that I can remember when much of that was true!

:)
I remember that too. One exception, I remember wanting to wear what is now known as a skort or capris, and my parents would not allow me. I had to wear a proper dress. I remember my mom getting preturbed with my dad because he took his tie off.

SportyTink
07-31-2006, 12:16 PM
I very much believe that it is an honor to get into the club. I have been several times now and each time (whether it has been day or night- weekend or not) I have made sure to be in the absolute most respectable clothing possible.

With that being said my boyfriend was lucky enough to get us in a couple of months ago (his first time) through work. I was so proud of him coming to me while he was getting dressed that morning and asking me if his dress slacks/button up shirt and buckled shoes was appropriate enough. My jaw dropped that he was that mindful of something that I respected so much (he's not quite the Disney nut I am- and didn't know anything of the Club before I told him about it). He ALWAYS dresses nicely but I was totally moved that he "got it"!!!

HOWEVER....we invited a couple to go along with us who also worked in the company to go along with us. We met them in Huntington Beach to go over to the park. I was MORTIFIED with what I saw when they drove up....Both in black tank tops, green cargo shorts and flip flops- the reef beach kind. Then to top it off the girlfriend of the other person in the company was COMPLETELY hung over and could barely stand up the entire day at the park. Needless to say that she barely ate anything while in the Club.

My boyfriend was totally apologetic to me because they came at his invitation and he knew how special this place is to me. It of course wasn't his fault in the least but I know that he was bummed out to because there were several other people that we could have taken that would have really appreciated it for everything it is. Needless to say they will NEVER be invited back with us.....

All that to say respect and enjoy the club for everything it is....and trust me on this one....the staff takes notice of who appreciates it.........

Sub Maniak
07-31-2006, 01:42 PM
Watchng people exit from the club, you can wear pretty casual attire.

One Question related to this subject: Who do you call to get on the waiting list??

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
07-31-2006, 03:58 PM
Heck yeah! I'll even wear a jacket :) But uh...can you get us in?? I don't have a membership.
I will remember to check here for a date that appreciates the club next time. ;) I have a member-friend who leaves me passes and makes me a reservation a few times a year.

Osky
07-31-2006, 04:23 PM
One Question related to this subject: Who do you call to get on the waiting list??

Write a letter to:

Club 33, Royal Street, New Orleans Square, Disneyland
1313 Harbor Boulevard
PO Box 3232
Anaheim, California 92803

They will then send you the form to fill out, along with some information.

KDR
08-01-2006, 08:34 AM
They will then send you the form to fill out, along with some information.

But be patient. I've heard from several places that the Club was mentioned prominently in some article last year, and that as a result they recieved well in excess of ten thousand letters of inquiry. Each letter is replied to personally. I know someone who sent in a letter nearly nine months ago and who has not yet received a form to fill out -- apparantly this is the current lag time due to the extremely high volume of inquiries.

Then, after you get the form sent in, be prepared to wait at least seven years: I'm told that the people who are currently being invited to become members originally got on the list in 1999. Of course, that was well before the above-mentioned article came out, so once you get on the list it's probably more than a ten year wait right now.